Julia Louise Dreyfus Rolling Stone Magazine Cover--Pos or Neg for 50+Women?

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By jeepcurlygurl
  • 1 Post By Fifi.G
  • 4 Post By multicultcurly
  • 1 Post By chupie

Do you think this photo on the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine is good for the self-images of 50+ year old women or unrealistic and possibly altered with photoshop or botox ?Julia Louis-Dreyfus nude mag cover has comical boo boo If it was altered, are women who are 50+ once again going to feel they need to strive to achieve an impossible goal?

I think it is good that the magazine cover shows that women can remain sexy at 50 and beyond but I also think it objectifies women so I have mixed feelings about it.
Do you think this photo on the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine is good for the self-images of 50+ year old women or unrealistic and possibly altered with photoshop or botox ?Julia Louis-Dreyfus nude mag cover has comical boo boo If it was altered, are women who are 50+ once again going to feel they need to strive to achieve an impossible goal?

I think it is good that the magazine cover shows that women can remain sexy at 50 and beyond but I also think it objectifies women so I have mixed feelings about it.
Originally Posted by koolkurl
I can't imagine this is a question of IF it was altered.......
I like it. It is tasteful. Not everyone ages badly or unattractively. Obviously she is one of those people who looks good - not for her age but actually good. Also because she actually is talented and known for something other than just being attractive the cover becomes interesting. I slso like that is tastefully playful and sexy instead of the desperate sleaze thst seems to be common nowadays.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
I love it. I like the pose, the tone of the nudity, the tat, and the way she looks. Not sure why age has anything to do with it. All photos are altered no matter the age of the subject, some to the point that the end product bears no resemblance to the real person. At least she is recognizable in this pic and doesn't look weirdly altered.
curlyprincess1 likes this.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
I do like the cover btw.
So they tatted the wrong document/signature on her? Dumbasses. Is it a real tat or something painted on for the photoshoot?

The "nudity" we're referring to here is her bare back?
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

It's not like it's a bad Chinese statement. She looks great. Who cares about the haters? Well, there is a bit of tramp stamp/ass.
So they tatted the wrong document/signature on her? Dumbasses. Is it a real tat or something painted on for the photoshoot?

The "nudity" we're referring to here is her bare back?
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000
Yes. Her bare back

I'm glad she's working. Don't like the cover.

http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com
I love it. I like the pose, the tone of the nudity, the tat, and the way she looks. Not sure why age has anything to do with it. All photos are altered no matter the age of the subject, some to the point that the end product bears no resemblance to the real person. At least she is recognizable in this pic and doesn't look weirdly altered.
Originally Posted by jeepcurlygurl
+ 100.

They photoshop every image. It does not matter if you 16 or 60. They remove any blemish, spot, birth mark, shave inches off the thighs, make the teeth and whites of the eyes brighter, up the breast size a cup or two, take an inch off the waist, make the butt higher, lengthen the legs... Several celebrities in their 20's and 30's have been yelling at magazines for altering their body and showing the original image next to the photoshopped one. Even they do not control how far the image correction goes.

I personally like this cover, even though they put a John Hancock on it which is very incorrect. That is the only criticism I have seen or heard of the photo. JLD looks good.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

You know half these young celebs are just a acne medicine add waiting to happen They are regular teens to have imperfections too. No one is perfect.

I do not blame celebs for getting upset. I have seen segments on the news in the past where Kate Winslet was upset because they shaved several inches off her thighs. There is absolutely no need to. She does not have a size zero body type but she has a beautiful body.

Keira Knightly has 2-3 cup sizes added in a promo image for a movie and raised heck about it! She's not had a boob job and did not want to give that impression. She is happy with her cup size.

I am sure different celebs have different feelings about it but none of us are looking at the real deal, 99.9% of the time.
curlypearl likes this.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

The fact that they try to make everyone look 'perfect' always bugs me, for many reasons. Mainly because my idea of perfect is different than the next person and next and next. So there is no such thing as perfect.

The John Hancock thing doesn't bother me at all. It's a very recognizable name and I really take it to just mean 'someone's signature'. And in the end it's an entertainment magazine, not a high school history book or Political Digest Monthly.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
I never got the photoshopping of Kate Winslet' s thighs. I actually thought she looked better before because her body is naturally balanced. She isn't even plus sized. Apparently all women are to have narrow hips, skinny legs, large breasts, and be no bigger than a size 2. Most of us didn't get the memo.

And the infamous thigh gap.
curlypearl likes this.
And the infamous thigh gap.
Originally Posted by chupie
Lol. I didn't know about that one. The only women who tend to have that are women with wide-set hips who are in shape or extremely thin women.

Apparently young girls are actually having surgery ringer the hallowed thigh gap. I don't understand why that's considered enviable. Like you said it has more to do with hip set than anything.
Barbie doll syndrome....

Trending Topics