Bored with life...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By curlypearl
  • 1 Post By multicultcurly
  • 1 Post By koolkurl

Has anyone here gone through a period in their life when you were bored with it all? I am in my early 50s and I feel like I have seen it all and done it all already. If you ever were in such a funk, how did you get out of it?
No, honestly, in part bc the women on this board have so many neat and varied hobbies/lifestyles/interests/experiences, I am always reading about cool new things and adding them to my to-do list.

If anything, I feel the opposite way; I may never get a chance to do everything I want.
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

KK, you sound depressed. If you feel this way for several weeks, I think the first step would be to talk about how you are feeling with someone professional. Maybe there is something deeper underlying your feelings of boredom.

I hope you find a way out of your funk.
2/c-3a Coarse hair med. density.
Protein sensitive but can use occasionally
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Ice Queen!
Stylers: Mix Curls in a Bottle into everything for shine. Terrible pj
Sometimes try roller sets or use a curling brush - classic glamor.
Every day is a gift
Thanks for your responses. CP counseling has never worked for me. As a matter of fact, the therapists I have seen had more issues than I had and were harmful to me. Hopefully I will snap out of this funk on my own somehow.
KK, I totally get where you are coming from. There are some very dangerous and harmful therapists out there. Even the good ones can do harm. I swear I went to one with a split personality - I never knew whether I was going to see Jekyll or Hyde.

Anyway, if you have a really good friend, maybe that's the way to go. Or maybe just a huge change of pace - even for a day, like going for a day trip or to the beach. What would you suggest to a friend if the friend said s/he was feeling very bored? Sometimes we are better at imagining how to help someone other than ourselves.

What do you like to do - even if it seems silly? I love to shop - even if people think it is shallow.
susancnw likes this.
2/c-3a Coarse hair med. density.
Protein sensitive but can use occasionally
Highly porous. Color over grey.
Best 1st day method: Ice Queen!
Stylers: Mix Curls in a Bottle into everything for shine. Terrible pj
Sometimes try roller sets or use a curling brush - classic glamor.
Every day is a gift
Koolkurl - I deal with this feeling from time to time. I tend to get depressed if I don't like the situation I find myself in. Try to find a purpose for your life. What would you like to do? What cause do you think you can benefit with your talents? Maybe speak with a life coach if you can afford it. I personally love Martha Beck's writings. I hope you begin to feel better. You may just be stuck in a rut.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
curlypearl likes this.
3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
Thanks CP and MuticultCurly for your helpful ideas. CP shopping always makes me feel better but the high wears off after a few days and then I need to shop again. I did buy some new clothes which helped a little. MCC
I think I might be interested in volunteering in a new theater near me. I'll check out the author that you mentioned. Thanks again!
curlypearl likes this.
If you haven't try taking some vitamin D supplements. Also consider going to the doctor and getting some basic labs done. (Blood count, vitamin D and B12 levels, thyroid, kidney and liver function). The way your feeling could be an underlying medical condition. But vitamin D3 benefits everyone.

Make time to do something you love every week. Do you like reading books, riding bikes, sewing, hiking. Also getting involved in a church, volunteering for a charity can really help put things in perspective. You can volunteer at most hospitals as well if you live near one.

I think everyone at some point feels this way but dwelling on it is what is damaging. You have to focus on the positive to keep things in perspective. It's how you use events that happen to you that shape you. When bad things happen I prefer to use them as a stepping stone instead of a stumbling block.

Trending Topics