paging RedCatWaves - a newbie to active skincare here!

RCW,
What is the difference between the Clear and Ultra Emu oil?

The DY site doesn't specify.

Thanks

By the way, I really like the wheat germ cleanser.
Originally Posted by Windflower

Both emu oils are very nice quality, never gross or clumpy like some other brands of emu oil can be. The ultra is supposed to be more moisturizing than the clear (and I think it really is more moisturizing), but it doesn't leave an oily residue on the skin like the clear does. I MUCH prefer the ultra, and happily pay extra for it because it absorbs so beautifully.

Glad you like the cleanser!
RCW,

I noticed for the Hyaluronic Acid, DY has 1 oz for $30, while the Ingredients to Die For site has a 1 oz sample for $5 and 8 oz is $20.

Wow, what a price difference. Is the HA from ITDF the real thing?

The HA from ITDF is the same product, just cheaper because you have to buy more volume from them. I think they have a $25 minimum purchase.
RedCatWaves, I was looking at your daily routine & I didn't see that the DME Cream is in it. Do you use the Salicylic Acid instead or are you now using both of these?
AKA lotsawaves
AKA new2curls
RedCatWaves, I was looking at your daily routine & I didn't see that the DME Cream is in it. Do you use the Salicylic Acid instead or are you now using both of these?
Originally Posted by g-stringranny

My skin routine is a work in progress, so it changes regularly. Lately, since I started using the DMAE gel from PSF (which is quite acidic), I haven't been using any other acids. My current routine:

AM
cleanse with Wheat Germ Oil cleanser
PSF DMAE
PSF Vitamin C
Tri-Luma (on pigmented patches only)
Retin-A 0.1%
Mineral Makeup

PM
Retin-A 0.1%
Super CP Serum
emu oil mixed with hyaluronic acid]
DMAE from Garden of Wisdon (using up my old stock...then I will use PSF DMAE twice a day and switch around my evening routine to use the PSF DMAE first)
Thanks, RedCatWaves.
AKA lotsawaves
AKA new2curls
So are you saying the Cetaphil is a detergent? I've been using it since my Ped. recommended it for my son's eczema, and my skin has been clear, but itchy, so that could explain it.
i have eczema, and the cetaphil made it worse. a dermo i was seeing years and years and years ago recommended it...but he did say it may not work for me...and it didn't.

when i was kid, i used some type of soap that started with an "a". it wasn't aveeno, and not if it is still made today. but it was very very mild. i also had to use tepid water.
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
So are you saying the Cetaphil is a detergent? I've been using it since my Ped. recommended it for my son's eczema, and my skin has been clear, but itchy, so that could explain it.
Originally Posted by Poodlehead

Yes, Cetaphil contains SLS, one of the strongest detergents made. I don't know why derms and other docs continue to recommend it as "gentle" when it is anything but. I think it's just good marketing on the part of Cetaphil...maybe if they say their product is gentle enough times, even people who have gone to college for 12 years will believe it.
So... where do you get this wheat germ oil cleanser? And does it cost the earth? Is it similar at all to the DHC stuff?
So... where do you get this wheat germ oil cleanser? And does it cost the earth? Is it similar at all to the DHC stuff?
Originally Posted by Poodlehead

It's $20 for an 8 oz bottle, which is pretty concentrated and lasts me at least 3 months. Available here:

http://www.dianayvonne.com/product/C...ial_Brush.html

I don't like any of the DHC cleansers...they're all detergent containing also.

My skin routine is a work in progress, so it changes regularly. Lately, since I started using the DMAE gel from PSF (which is quite acidic), I haven't been using any other acids. My current routine:

AM
PSF DMAE
PSF Vitamin C
Retin-A 0.1%
Mineral Makeup

PM
Retin-A 0.1%
Super CP Serum
DMAE from Garden of Wisdon (using up my old stock...then I will use PSF DMAE twice a day and switch around my evening routine to use the PSF DMAE first)
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
RCW - is there a waiting time after using the DMAE before using other products?

Thanks

Formerly sdcurly.

AM
PSF DMAE
PSF Vitamin C
Retin-A 0.1%
Mineral Makeup

PM
Retin-A 0.1%
Super CP Serum
RCW - is there a waiting time after using the DMAE before using other products?

Thanks

Formerly sdcurly.
Originally Posted by sdc

Yes, I wait 20-30 minutes after DMAE before applying my next product. I'm using PSF's DMAE twice a day now, and I have to say that this product is the BOMB. It's now the single most important part of my anti-aging skincare routine. My skin is firmer than it has been since I was 20...my upper eyelids (a problem area for me) look lifted and even my lips look fuller, more like their old selves.
PSF? is the DMAE good for 35 year old skin?

RCW, have you tried DY's DMAE? if so, how did you like it?
PSF? is the DMAE good for 35 year old skin?

RCW, have you tried DY's DMAE? if so, how did you like it?

I assume DMAE will firm any age skin. I've tried the DMAE sold by DY and also by Garden of Wisdom. Neither did anything for my skin. PSF's DMAE is the real deal though.
what does PSF stand for?
what does PSF stand for?
Pure Skin Formulations
psfskincare.com
The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
thanks VTmom.

PS...i am almost finished with the sample of 25% Vit C...a few brown spots (left by pimples) are fading faster than usual. my full bottle will not arrive for another 8 days or so.

i will update again after i have used the full size bottle for a month.
RCW,
Did you use the 3% of DMAE from DY? I noticed that the DMAE from PSF is 3%. You also mentioned that you prefer the cleanser from PSF? How does PSF vit c compare to DY vit c?
RCW,
Did you use the 3% of DMAE from DY? I noticed that the DMAE from PSF is 3%. You also mentioned that you prefer the cleanser from PSF? How does PSF vit c compare to DY vit c?
Yes, I used the 3% DMAE from DY...didn't do squat. Probably because it's not formulated with an acidic base like the PSF DMAE is. The DY DMAE is 3 times the price too.

I prefer PSF's castille cleanser, but that's really just a scent preference. DY's Wheat Germ cleanser is still a great product. I find very little difference between the Vit C from either vendor. I just order it from whichever one I happen to be ordering other stuff from.
I prefer PSF's castille cleanser
I agree with RCW on this. I absolutely love this stuff!
The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)

Trending Topics