paging RedCatWaves - a newbie to active skincare here!

enablers!!!

i placed an order in the wee hours from PSF for DMAE, cleanser (almost finished with DY) and the mud mask (lots cheaper than DY)...will keep you posted.
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
enablers!!!

i placed an order in the wee hours from PSF for DMAE, cleanser (almost finished with DY) and the mud mask (lots cheaper than DY)...will keep you posted.
Originally Posted by Windflower
The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
RedCatWaves, I was looking at your daily routine & I didn't see that the DME Cream is in it. Do you use the Salicylic Acid instead or are you now using both of these?
Originally Posted by g-stringranny

My skin routine is a work in progress, so it changes regularly. Lately, since I started using the DMAE gel from PSF (which is quite acidic), I haven't been using any other acids. My current routine:

AM
cleanse with Wheat Germ Oil cleanser
PSF DMAE
PSF Vitamin C
Tri-Luma (on pigmented patches only)
Retin-A 0.1%
Mineral Makeup

PM
Retin-A 0.1%
Super CP Serum
emu oil mixed with hyaluronic acid]
DMAE from Garden of Wisdon (using up my old stock...then I will use PSF DMAE twice a day and switch around my evening routine to use the PSF DMAE first)
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
RCW - is there a waiting time after using the DMAE before using other products?

Thanks

Formerly sdcurly.
Originally Posted by sdc

Yes, I wait 20-30 minutes after DMAE before applying my next product. I'm using PSF's DMAE twice a day now, and I have to say that this product is the BOMB. It's now the single most important part of my anti-aging skincare routine. My skin is firmer than it has been since I was 20...my upper eyelids (a problem area for me) look lifted and even my lips look fuller, more like their old selves.
You do realize I hate you. Now, I have to order this particular DMAE.
AKA lotsawaves
AKA new2curls
g-granny,

you can't order it...no more internet shopping for you...

Code:
i couldn't resist
g-granny,

you can't order it...no more internet shopping for you...

Code:
i couldn't resist
LOL!!! OMG! I'm out of control. This is why senior citizens are taken advantage of. I say this as I am popping my g-string.
AKA lotsawaves
AKA new2curls

I'm very sorry (), but this DMAE is effing fantastic and I had to share. You have to use it twice a day though to really see the firming. I saw firming with once a day, but it was minimal til I started using it twice a day. I can't be without it now. It irks the crap out of me that I have to pay sales tax in addition to shipping when I buy this stuff online (PSF is located in my same state), but I'll order it forever anyway.

It's really acidic, so if you're dry skinned or sensitive, you might have more trouble with it than I do. Just try to wait 20-30 minutes after applying the DMAE before moisturizing.
RCW,
i notic
ed that you don't use emu oil in the morning...probably because you have oily skin. are you still using SA 5%?

i can't wait to get my products. they were shipped yesterday.

RCW...now with the DMAE...right now i am just using SA 5% on my nose/chin area. i have more normal to drier skin, would using the DMAE and SA 5% be too much? or do i just have to try and see?
RCW,
i notic
ed that you don't use emu oil in the morning...probably because you have oily skin. are you still using SA 5%?

i can't wait to get my products. they were shipped yesterday.

RCW...now with the DMAE...right now i am just using SA 5% on my nose/chin area. i have more normal to drier skin, would using the DMAE and SA 5% be too much? or do i just have to try and see?

I haven't been using any other acids since I started using the PSF DMAE twice a day. My skin peels too much if I over-do on the acids. I use Retin-A though, so that affects how many acids I can use also. You'll probably just have to wait and see how your skin reacts.

I don't use emu in the mornings (only at night), simply because I don't feel dry. As winter wear on, I probably will use it though.
RedCatWaves, I was looking at your daily routine & I didn't see that the DME Cream is in it. Do you use the Salicylic Acid instead or are you now using both of these?

My skin routine is a work in progress, so it changes regularly. Lately, since I started using the DMAE gel from PSF (which is quite acidic), I haven't been using any other acids. My current routine:

AM
PSF DMAE
PSF Vitamin C
Retin-A 0.1%
Mineral Makeup

PM
Retin-A 0.1%
Super CP Serum
emu oil mixed with hyaluronic acid]
DMAE from Garden of Wisdon (using up my old stock...then I will use PSF DMAE twice a day and switch around my evening routine to use the PSF DMAE first)
RCW - is there a waiting time after using the DMAE before using other products?

Thanks

Formerly sdcurly.
Originally Posted by sdc

Yes, I wait 20-30 minutes after DMAE before applying my next product. I'm using PSF's DMAE twice a day now, and I have to say that this product is the BOMB. It's now the single most important part of my anti-aging skincare routine. My skin is firmer than it has been since I was 20...my upper eyelids (a problem area for me) look lifted and even my lips look fuller, more like their old selves.
I ordered it too! RCW is an enabler!

So, RCW, I see you do use the CP Serum, I was a little concerned about working that in, but I am going to try to follow your routine, I have a lot of the same products. I'm glad you mentioned using the DMAE twice a day otherwise I probably would have only used it at night.
So, RCW, I see you do use the CP Serum, I was a little concerned about working that in, but I am going to try to follow your routine, I have a lot of the same products. I'm glad you mentioned using the DMAE twice a day otherwise I probably would have only used it at night.

You know...I'm not as thrilled with CP's as I once was. After using it for 2 years now, I think it's done as much for me as it ever will...I'm thinking I may lay off CP's for a while and see if I notice any regression. I'd like to pare down a little bit, and this is one I think I may be able to do without.
RCW - Why do you use the DMAE first in the morning and last at night?

My current routine is AM:

cleanse with water only
Neutrogena Copper Moisturizer with SPF 20
Mineral makeup

PM:

GHK Super CP Serum - (the newest version, can't really remember if it is GHK or GHB)
Tri Luma
Renova
Hylaronic Acid & Emu oil

Would I use the DMAE first and last like you?

THANKS
RCW - Why do you use the DMAE first in the morning and last at night?

My current routine is AM:

cleanse with water only
Neutrogena Copper Moisturizer with SPF 20
Mineral makeup

PM:

GHK Super CP Serum - (the newest version, can't really remember if it is GHK or GHB)
Tri Luma
Renova
Hylaronic Acid & Emu oil

Would I use the DMAE first and last like you?

THANKS
Originally Posted by sdc

Your routine looks to be in the right order, except what are you using to wash off your makeup at night? The newer version of CP should be used first so you have that right.

I no longer use DMAE last at night...that was when I was using another brand (Garden of Wisdom) that is not acidic. I guess I should re-post my current routine:

AM
Cleanse with PSF castille cleanser
PSF DMAE - wait 20-30 minutes
PSF Vit C - wait 10 minutes
Retin-A 0.1%
Mineral makeup

PM
Cleanse with PSF castille cleanser
PSF DMAE - wait 20-30 minutes
Retin-A 0.1%
Super CP Serum (older version but thinking of giving it up)
emu with HA - if needed
I am using olive oil mixed with castor oil at night to cleanse. I was using the Dianayvonne Wheat Germ but I was tired of spending so much money on products.

So I would use the the CP Serum first and then the DMAE gel, does there need to be much of a wait time after the serum before I use the gel?

Thanks again, your help is appreciated.
I am using olive oil mixed with castor oil at night to cleanse. I was using the Dianayvonne Wheat Germ but I was tired of spending so much money on products.

So I would use the the CP Serum first and then the DMAE gel, does there need to be much of a wait time after the serum before I use the gel?

Thanks again, your help is appreciated.
Originally Posted by sdc

Yes, with the new CP Serum, you would apply that first, no wait time, then the PSF DMAE (wait 20-30).

Dry-skinned-non-acne prone folks can use oils to cleanse with, but be aware that the oils might inhibit the active products you use afterwards somewhat, just because oil doesn't rinse off very well.

I'm very sorry (), but this DMAE is effing fantastic and I had to share. You have to use it twice a day though to really see the firming. I saw firming with once a day, but it was minimal til I started using it twice a day. I can't be without it now. It irks the crap out of me that I have to pay sales tax in addition to shipping when I buy this stuff online (PSF is located in my same state), but I'll order it forever anyway.

It's really acidic, so if you're dry skinned or sensitive, you might have more trouble with it than I do. Just try to wait 20-30 minutes after applying the DMAE before moisturizing.
Redcat, will it firm my neck? I'm in serious need of a mini-face lift. I'm starting to look like a turkey! Gobble gobble!
KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.

Redcat, will it firm my neck? I'm in serious need of a mini-face lift. I'm starting to look like a turkey! Gobble gobble!
Originally Posted by KurlyKarenLee
Be careful. Thanksgiving is around the corner. You don't want to end up on someone's dinner table.
AKA lotsawaves
AKA new2curls
RedCatWaves....what do you think of the Firming Facial Toner & the Cellular Night Cream from PSF?
AKA lotsawaves
AKA new2curls
RedCatWaves....what do you think of the Firming Facial Toner & the Cellular Night Cream from PSF?

While I love PSF's DMAE and cleanser, I don't love all their products. Their Firming Facial Toner contains DMAE bitartrate, not amine, so it isn't going to do anything special for your skin. The Night Cream is just a typical moisturizer...I don't particularly like moisturizers with a ton of ingredients when emu and HA make such a perfect moisturizer without all the feel-good fake ingredients.

It will help, but I think we need to be realistic when using anti-aging products...there's only just so much a topical product can do. It can't replace surgery. I plan to use topicals for as much and as long as I can, but I'm still planning the neck-lift surgery too.

I use PSF DMAE on my neck, and it does firm it, but I notice the biggest firming difference around my eyes.

Trending Topics