Old 11-10-2007, 07:24 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-stringranny
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurlyKarenLee
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
Quote:
You do realize I hate you. Now, I have to order this particular DMAE.

I'm very sorry (), but this DMAE is effing fantastic and I had to share. You have to use it twice a day though to really see the firming. I saw firming with once a day, but it was minimal til I started using it twice a day. I can't be without it now. It irks the crap out of me that I have to pay sales tax in addition to shipping when I buy this stuff online (PSF is located in my same state), but I'll order it forever anyway.

It's really acidic, so if you're dry skinned or sensitive, you might have more trouble with it than I do. Just try to wait 20-30 minutes after applying the DMAE before moisturizing.
Redcat, will it firm my neck? I'm in serious need of a mini-face lift. I'm starting to look like a turkey! Gobble gobble!
Be careful. Thanksgiving is around the corner. You don't want to end up on someone's dinner table.
Really!!!

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
KurlyKarenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 07:35 PM   #62

Quote:
Quote:
Redcat, will it firm my neck? I'm in serious need of a mini-face lift. I'm starting to look like a turkey! Gobble gobble!

It will help, but I think we need to be realistic when using anti-aging products...there's only just so much a topical product can do. It can't replace surgery. I plan to use topicals for as much and as long as I can, but I'm still planning the neck-lift surgery too.

I use PSF DMAE on my neck, and it does firm it, but I notice the biggest firming difference around my eyes.
Has anyone here tried the PSF BrowTox or Botox? I'm tempted. I have had deep burroughs on my forehead since I was a teenager (I have a very dramatic personality and my face really shows it). I tried Victoria Principals's line with Airgireline and wasn't impressed. I noticed the PSF BrowTox contains Airgireline. I've thought about getting some Botox injections but I heard that if you don't keep them up, your face starts drooping worse than before. RCW, have you tried Botox?

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:35 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurlyKarenLee
Quote:
Quote:

It will help, but I think we need to be realistic when using anti-aging products...there's only just so much a topical product can do. It can't replace surgery. I plan to use topicals for as much and as long as I can, but I'm still planning the neck-lift surgery too.

I use PSF DMAE on my neck, and it does firm it, but I notice the biggest firming difference around my eyes.
Has anyone here tried the PSF BrowTox or Botox? I'm tempted. I have had deep burroughs on my forehead since I was a teenager (I have a very dramatic personality and my face really shows it). I tried Victoria Principals's line with Airgireline and wasn't impressed. I noticed the PSF BrowTox contains Airgireline. I've thought about getting some Botox injections but I heard that if you don't keep them up, your face starts drooping worse than before. RCW, have you tried Botox?

I haven't tried botox (or the BrowTox), because as of this point, at almost 46, I do not have any forehead wrinkles or even any fine lines up there (don't be jealous, I have "other" issues...like drooping upper eyelids and the start of jowels...ugh). I'm planning on getting Botox injections when I do start to notice forehead wrinkling though.

I have a close friend who has it done and she's had very nice success with it (she's only 37, but she's got a fierce case of 11's between her eyes). There was one time she got it where she got too heavy of a dose and it caused her eyebrow arches to droop, but it got better as it wore off and she just has less injected now and hasn't had that problem again. I don't think it causes worse wrinkling if you stop using it, just that you look worse because you were looking so good before. You're supposed to have it every 3-4 months and the more/longer you have it, the better the wrinkling gets.
RedCatWaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:55 AM   #64

I ordered the DMAE & the cleanser from PSF. I used the DMAE b4, but only at night. I don't like having to get up 30 minutes earlier in the morning to use it twice a day, but if it will make a difference, then I'll do it.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:33 AM   #65

Quote:
I ordered the DMAE & the cleanser from PSF. I used the DMAE b4, but only at night. I don't like having to get up 30 minutes earlier in the morning to use it twice a day, but if it will make a difference, then I'll do it.
I don't get up 30 minutes earlier...I just try to work that amount of time into my routine. I slap the DMAE on and then go do something else, and come back and do the rest of my face routine later. Using it twice a day really does make a big difference in how it works.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:58 PM   #66

I just started reading this thread and I want to say thanks to Redcatwaves for giving me the heads up on Cetaphil. I had absolutely no idea that this was not a good product. I never thought to read the ingredients, even though I read them on every other product I use. I'm truly fascinated by all of the knowledge you have about skin care products.

thanks again!
HappyInHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:50 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyInHoops
I just started reading this thread and I want to say thanks to Redcatwaves for giving me the heads up on Cetaphil. I had absolutely no idea that this was not a good product. I never thought to read the ingredients, even though I read them on every other product I use. I'm truly fascinated by all of the knowledge you have about skin care products.

thanks again!
Yes, and I also love RCW for teaching me!

Old 11-12-2007, 10:29 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyInHoops

thanks again!

Welcome.

Apparently the dermatologists and plastic surgeons don't read the ingredient lists either to see SLS as one of the top ingredients in Cetaphil yet still recommend it as a "gentle" cleanser, but I forgive them because they've only had 12 years of college and need sales reps with quotas to 'cipher it for them.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:42 AM   #69

i received my PSF DMAE and cleanser and acne treatment mask yesterday...i really really really like the cleanser. too bad i still have a few uses of DY and unopened bottle of DY WGC. (i like to stock up...on certain products.) i will get it all used...

and if i am not seeing things, i think my skin was smoother and more vibrant this morning after using the DMAE last night.

i am still waiting on my 25% vit c from DY. i will update when i receive it, as i am almost finished with the sample.

RCW, how much DMAE do i need to use each time? just enough to fit into the bowl of the black spatula that was included with the order?
Old 11-14-2007, 09:17 AM   #70

Quote:
RCW, how much DMAE do i need to use each time? just enough to fit into the bowl of the black spatula that was included with the order?

Yeah, that's about right. I don't use a lot, just enough to barely cover the areas I'm treating...face and neck. I just take a little blob, dot it all over my face and neck and then spread it around quickly before it dries. I make sure I get my eyes completely covered, right up to the lashline, and my lips too. WOW...it does some incredible firming and lifting for my lips.

It's REALLY drying though...even on my oily skin. Emu oil is a must at night for me these days.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:10 AM   #71

I'm actually thinking the DMAE gel has made my skin look better already too. But that seems impossible. I've only been using it about 3 days. I think I am using a little too much though.

RCW - If I switch to the cream CP GHK new formula, would I still use that before the DMAE gel?
ShrekLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:57 PM   #72

Quote:
RCW - If I switch to the cream CP GHK new formula, would I still use that before the DMAE gel?

That's a very good question...the copper doc who invented it says to use the CP GHK at opposite ends of the day from acids because the GHK is so delicate, but I'd probably still be inclined to use the DMAE first and wait 30 minutes before using the GHK.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:32 PM   #73

What can & cannot be used on the eye area? From what I am understanding you can use the Retin-A & the DMAE, but not any of the other products, other than the moisturizers, of course.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:51 PM   #74

Quote:
What can & cannot be used on the eye area? From what I am understanding you can use the Retin-A & the DMAE, but not any of the other products, other than the moisturizers, of course.

I usually keep acids away from my eye area...except for DMAE, which is acidic but has firming properties. The eye area doesn't need any exfoliation, so I don't use anything exfoliating there, like AHA or BHA acids or micro-dermabrasion crystals or cloths or anything else. Retin-A isn't an acid, and it's proved to reduce fine lines, so of course that goes in my eye area. Moisturizers should be used with caution in the eye area too...too heavy of a moisturizer can cause those little bumps, called milia. A light moisturizer (like my favorite emu) is fine though.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:04 PM   #75

Thanks, RedCatWaves.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:52 PM   #76

Well I couldn't resist. It was time for a change up in the routine, so I ordered a bunch of this stuff. I've been using the DMAE gel and C serum for a little over a week and my skin looks a little brighter. I'm probably the only one who notices. Starting the 0.01% retin a next week. Oh, and I also got the castille cleanser (I think these are all from PSF). Love the cleanser!

Anyway, thanks for the recs, RCW. I know I'm in it for the long haul before I see anything amazing, if ever. Does anyone know if retin a is preventive? I have teeny tiny wrinkles. My problem is lack of tone. ugh. I hate seeing my face age, esp when I feel like so great otherwise.
guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 02:59 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness
Well I couldn't resist. It was time for a change up in the routine, so I ordered a bunch of this stuff. I've been using the DMAE gel and C serum for a little over a week and my skin looks a little brighter. I'm probably the only one who notices. Starting the 0.01% retin a next week. Oh, and I also got the castille cleanser (I think these are all from PSF). Love the cleanser!

Anyway, thanks for the recs, RCW. I know I'm in it for the long haul before I see anything amazing, if ever. Does anyone know if retin a is preventive? I have teeny tiny wrinkles. My problem is lack of tone. ugh. I hate seeing my face age, esp when I feel like so great otherwise.

Yes, Retin-A is preventive, but it's not a miracle worker. It works on diminishing fine lines...big lines not so much. It also does nothing for firmness. DMAE firms, but it also isn't a miracle worker. I think we'll look better than others our age for a few years or a decade or two, but gravity gets us all in the end.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:19 PM   #78

my order of 25% Vit C from DY arrived today...finally.

i am so excited to see how it works.

still loving the DMAE. my skins looks smoother, more clear, more toned and feels softer...better. i wish i could buy DMAE by the gallon and use on my body...

now if i can just keep the stress pimples from forming. i hardly ever get pimples on my forehead, yet after 1.5 weeks of work related stress, i have one on my forehead and a larger one on the side of my chin, along with a spray of tiny ones. Ugh. hopefully, the DMAE and vit c will help fade the pigmentation quickly.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:12 AM   #79

Windflower,
Can't wait to see how you like it!

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
VTmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:18 AM   #80

Quote:
...but gravity gets us all in the end.
not planning on it...my new mantra is from the John Mayer song in which he states..."gravity, stay the hell away from me."

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
VTmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Trending Topics[-]hide