paging RedCatWaves - a newbie to active skincare here!

Originally Posted by Windflower
Thank you!
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
I used just the Castille Cleanser this morning and no adverse reactions. I didn't think there would be from that, but it doesn't hurt to check.

My redness is back to normal, and my face doesn't feel so fiery like it did yesterday. I had people ask if I had a sunburn, lol.

I'll add the antioxidant next to see if the fruit extracts set me off.

I'm glad that PSF lets one buy samples. Much like hair stuff, the face stuff needs tested out too.
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
Windflower, what other products do you use in addition to your 5% SA?
Originally Posted by kcurls
kcurls, here is the list:

green tea cleansing milk (PM) - use warm wet washcloth for AM

oxygen serum (AM & PM)

5% SA (AM & PM)

vit c serum (AM)

retin-a cream 0.05% (PM)

micro crystals (3x a week)

balancing oil mixed with HA (PM)

balancing lotion (AM)

SPF 30 (AM)

my skin has finally turned the corner...in the last month i have had only 1 pimple on my chin/jaw as opposed to having 3 or 5 at any given time. i have also stopped touching my chin/jaw area. pigmentation is fading, texture is smooth, and i have a glow.

i barely have any blackheads on my nose...hopefully, within the next month or two, the nose will be totally unclogged.

the oxygen serum stops pimples in their tracks. i had the sore feeling and a red spot coming out above my eyebrow area and the oxygen serum made it disappear within a day and half. i first bought samples to try.

thanks to RCW for posting about PSF skincare.
Thank you Windflower; also RCW!!!!!

This is a great thread. My combination oily skin has been tempremental lately. I want to use up a bunch of skincare items I already have, like Kiehls products, a japanese skincare line and an ayurvedic natural line. But once I get through them, I will definitely place a PSF order! The prices look reasonable and I love all of these great reviews Will use leftover Purpose cleanser to clean my body, not face. Same thing for old pricy moisturizers I didn't like on my face, I use them on my neck and bustline at night.

Now, if I could just find a way to use up all of my milions of conditioners and styling products. Now that I have TR'ed hair, I don't use any of them anymore!
"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."

"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
- Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
my favorite products from PSF:

Gentle Cleansing Castile (for summer)
Green tea cleanser (for winter)
Vit C serum
5% Salicylic acid (great for blackheads)
Balancing Oil
Moisture Balancing Lotion (even better than the Balancing Oil) --- both are good for oily combination skin
Micro crystals (received two samples)
SPF 30 sunscreen

I can't wait until they have a 10% off and free shipping special again.
Any idea of when that might be??
"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."

"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."

curls on holiday,

i emailed a few weeks ago to ask about upcoming sales.
the reply i received stated there she (the rep) didn't know of any, but she is not told until the sale is posted on the website.

i do wonder if there will be one for memorial day or a welcome spring sale.
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
Thanks, Windflower. Good thinking about holiday sales. Those are fairly predictable in the retail world. I'll keep an eye on their site, to see when the next sale comes up!

you can join their mailing list to receive notices; no spam from them.
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
you can join their mailing list to receive notices; no spam from them.
Did that earlier Great to know there is no spam though!

Was looking into Jarrow brand supplements (B Right, Whey powder vanilla flavor and Vision Optimizer) and stumbled onto the vitacost website. Super cheap and well structured...maybe worth checking out for that sort of thing. They had cold milled flax seeds for $3.99 for 15 oz. Lots of product reviews too...

And I promise I don't work for them or have any connection. Just have done so much online shopping that I realize a great web-site when I see one

RCW, another newbie to your system here.

I have oily skin, occasional blemishes, blackheads and clogged pores around my nose, some on the chin.

I ordered everything from PSF to start and here's what I got:

Gentle Castile Cleanser
Balancing Oil
Vitamin C serum
SA 2%
HA serum
Sample size DMAE gel

Any advice to add to this routine -- mainly, have I left any big holes? I don't have a lot of hyperpigmentation but do have some.

I didn't see where to order the RetinA. . . TIA.
"Tell me, are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

"Honey Badger don't care!"
What is the CP Serum, and what is it for?

Ok, I'll tell you what problems I'm trying to fix and what I'm going to order. Tell me where I'm wrong or what else I need to do, or even what to take out:

PSF Castile cleanser
PSF DMAE
Vitamin C
Emu oil
HA

I have acne (for 3 years), scars to accompany said acne, crows feet and fine lines. Also deeper lines where my dimples used to be. The elevens between my brows won't be affected, I know. Something is happening with my eyes, but not sure what. Sometimes they're great, sometimes they're puffy, and after puffy wrinkles that take some time to even out. Semi-oily skin, too.
I plan to order tonight this weekend some time as I'm about to run out of one of my night time potions.

I want to get some Retin A but the medsmex site has been down all week long. If anyone knows of somewhere else to get this, please let me know. I'm seriously considering going to a dermatologist for the acne and asking for it then.
There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
RCW, another newbie to your system here.

I have oily skin, occasional blemishes, blackheads and clogged pores around my nose, some on the chin.

I ordered everything from PSF to start and here's what I got:

Gentle Castile Cleanser
Balancing Oil
Vitamin C serum
SA 2%
HA serum
Sample size DMAE gel

Any advice to add to this routine -- mainly, have I left any big holes? I don't have a lot of hyperpigmentation but do have some.

I didn't see where to order the RetinA. . . TIA.
Originally Posted by fig jam

That looks good.

You would use them in this order:

AM
Cleanse
DMAE - wait 30
Vit C - wait 10
HA/oil - only if needed

PM
Cleanse
SA 2% - wait 30
HA/oil - only if needed

If you just have light hyperpigmentation, the Vit C might be enough for you. Keep the SA away from your eye area. DMAE can go in eye area right up to lashes.

Retin-A is an Rx product. You can get it from your doctor. I order from Medsmex.com because my insurance doesn't cover it.
What is the CP Serum, and what is it for?

Ok, I'll tell you what problems I'm trying to fix and what I'm going to order. Tell me where I'm wrong or what else I need to do, or even what to take out:

PSF Castile cleanser
PSF DMAE
Vitamin C
Emu oil
HA

I have acne (for 3 years), scars to accompany said acne, crows feet and fine lines. Also deeper lines where my dimples used to be. The elevens between my brows won't be affected, I know. Something is happening with my eyes, but not sure what. Sometimes they're great, sometimes they're puffy, and after puffy wrinkles that take some time to even out. Semi-oily skin, too.
I plan to order tonight this weekend some time as I'm about to run out of one of my night time potions.

I want to get some Retin A but the medsmex site has been down all week long. If anyone knows of somewhere else to get this, please let me know. I'm seriously considering going to a dermatologist for the acne and asking for it then.
Originally Posted by cynaminbear

Those products look good for what you're trying to do, although since you have clogged pores, you might want to try some SA (BHA). CP Serum is Copper Peptides. CP's are known to remodel skin. It's supposed to remodel old scars, and it's also a collegen builder, so it works really well to counteract the peeling/irritation side effects of Retin-A. PSF doesn't sell any CP's. DY does though, and the Pickart line they carry is very nice and active. I use the Super CP Serum. The Pickart line has a new generation of CP's out now, called GHK. I haven't tried them yet...mostly because they're 4 times as expensive as the older generation and I like the older generation as it is.

I just checked the medsmex.com site and it seemed fine to me. Maybe try another browser to access it?

For the puffy/wrinkly eyes, you might really like the DMAE. I know it's made a huge difference in my eyes (lifted and tighted saggy upper lids).

Your routine with the products you listed above would look like this:

AM
Cleanse
DMAE - wait 30
Vit C - wait 10
emu/HA - only if needed

PM
Cleanse
BHA - wait 30
emu/HA - only if needed

If you wanted to add Retin-A and/or CP's, you would apply them after the PM BHA, before the emu/HA.
Thanks for the reply, RCW. (I feel like I've consulted with a celebrity! Hee hee!)

Looking forward to seeing some of the dullness I've developed go away . . .
"Tell me, are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

Thank you! Look at that, you even gave me a routine!
There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
Quote:

AM
Cleanse
DMAE - wait 30
Vit C - wait 10
HA/oil - only if needed

PM
Cleanse
SA 2% - wait 30
HA/oil - only if needed

Could you explain the long waits to me? I have to say I don't mind waiting at night, but the morning waits are daunting. I already get up at 5:30 a.m.!

Last edited by fig jam; 04-05-2008 at 02:40 PM. Reason: clarity
Quote:

AM
Cleanse
DMAE - wait 30
Vit C - wait 10
HA/oil - only if needed

PM
Cleanse
SA 2% - wait 30
HA/oil - only if needed

Could you explain the long waits to me? I have to say I don't mind waiting at night, but the morning waits are daunting. I already get up at 5:30 a.m.!
Originally Posted by fig jam
I have learned that the waiting is to allow the products to work before adding others....
in humidity hell south Florida or high and dry Colorado
CG since 2005
2a, 2b, 3b - fine hair, low density - low/normal porosity
washing: cj curl assurance gentle cleansing, cj daily fix
conditioning: cj smoothing, cj strengthening, giovanni 50/50 balance, darcy's pumpkin seed, kinky curly knot today
styling: homemade fsg, kinky curly curling custard, cj pattern pusha, botanical spirits magic curls puree
pt: cj curl fix, cj repair me
avoid: humectants, polyquats
Alright, you enablers!
I just ordered all I said I would, including Retin A, but forgot about the CP. I'll get that next time, I think.
So, now I'm wondering about amounts for each use. Like when I use the emu oil and vitamin C serums, do I think in terms of drops, and do I just mix a little bit together and apply with fingertips? I don't want to use more than is necessary because I know that if a little bit works, more isn't necessarily better.
Yay -- my stuff arrived.

Question: The Vit C box also had a tiny little bottle of some type of acid, said it was exfoliant accelerator or enhancer.

Am I supposed to add that to the Vit C bottle?
Couldn't find any instruction for it.

Yes. I actually filled up a little travel bottle of Vit C, then added the boost (so there was room).
2b/3a.
It should fit in the big bottle.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
Location - WI

Trending Topics