MEDMEX - RIPOFFS

I received notification from my credit card company today that someone is using my credit card to make cash advances and unauthorized charges. The only place I have recently used this card was to order Triluma and RetinA from Medmex.com. I had six charges totalling over $1200 that were fradulent. (I used Paypal for Dianne Yvonne & ingredientstodie for so I'm relatively sure these charges resulted from giving Medmex my credit card information.)

The IP addresses that are showing up are:

www.sourcetorinto.it and www.irideenergia.it
KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
Yikes! I was thinking of maybe ordering some Retin-A from them - now I won't. Despite glowing reviews of medsmex even over on other hard-core skincare boards, I was kind of leery of ordering something Rx without a prescription anyway. Let this be a warning to others out there!
health-conscious, visionary artist in transition
Man, what a bummer!! I've ordered from them twice and was thinking about placing another order before too long. We recently had two fraudulent charges on our credit card also... I think they were about $30 each... they were for some sort of "adult" something or other. Neither my husband nor I EVER partake in that sort of thing. We were able to get the charges taken off, but I guess maybe that's where it originated. We don't use that particular card much, but I do use it for my medsmex orders. My husband wondered if maybe that's where it came from, but I told him I didn't think so - that it's a legit place. Now I'm wondering...
The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
Wow - thanks for the warning. I did place an order from them back in September. I just checked my bill - nothing suspicious so far... I suppose I'd better keep an eye on it....
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

Man, what a bummer!! I've ordered from them twice and was thinking about placing another order before too long. We recently had two fraudulent charges on our credit card also... I think they were about $30 each... they were for some sort of "adult" something or other. Neither my husband nor I EVER partake in that sort of thing. We were able to get the charges taken off, but I guess maybe that's where it originated. We don't use that particular card much, but I do use it for my medsmex orders. My husband wondered if maybe that's where it came from, but I told him I didn't think so - that it's a legit place. Now I'm wondering...
Originally Posted by VTmom
My husband questioned them long before we knew of the fraudulent charges. They did not have a return address on the package that we had to sign for. That should have been a big red flag.

The other reason I highly suspect they were the guilty party was one of the IP addresses is an electric company in Mexico. I guess they were using my card to pay their electric bills. The other site sourcetorinto.it has already been taken down.
KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
Wow - thanks for the warning. I did place an order from them back in September. I just checked my bill - nothing suspicious so far... I suppose I'd better keep an eye on it....
Originally Posted by 2poodles
That would be a very good idea. I placed my order on 9/23. The fraudulent charges didn't show up until 10/13-10/15.
KurlyKarenLee

kurlykarenlee,

did the cc company cancel that card number and send a new card? i had this happen to me after i returned from a trip. i think i know who was using my card number.
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
kurlykarenlee,

did the cc company cancel that card number and send a new card? i had this happen to me after i returned from a trip. i think i know who was using my card number.
Originally Posted by Windflower
Yes. They immediately froze my account when they saw suspicious activity. They're supposed to be sending me new cards. I was so grateful that they were watching out for fraudulent transactions. Like I said previously, I don't use the account very much so a lot of large transactions all at once sent up red flags.
KurlyKarenLee

I haven't been home for the past 3 weeks & when I checked my email I noticed some x rated emails. I also have a debit from one of these companies that I got an email from. It was an x rated website. It showed I had an account with them. Now they have debited my account for almost $40. No more ordering online for me.
AKA lotsawaves
AKA new2curls
I haven't been home for the past 3 weeks & when I checked my email I noticed some x rated emails. I also have a debit from one of these companies that I got an email from. It was an x rated website. It showed I had an account with them. Now they have debited my account for almost $40. No more ordering online for me.
Originally Posted by g-stringranny
G-string -I've been wondering where you've been!

I know that you ordered stuff about the same time I ordered so you probably need to keep a close watch on your accounts. They waited a few weeks before they started making transactions.
KurlyKarenLee

I know that you ordered stuff about the same time I ordered so you probably need to keep a close watch on your accounts. They waited a few weeks before they started making transactions.
Originally Posted by KurlyKarenLee
It's nice to know I was missed. My life is sooooo upside down right now. I definitely don't need someone ****ing around in my account. I, unfortunately, used my debit card. I will definitey keep tabs on this.
AKA lotsawaves
AKA new2curls
This happened to me too. See my post on the non-hair forum.

Placed my order with them the first week of this month and fraudulent charges started appearing last week. Luckily the cc company caught the suspicious activity, is removing the charges, and is closing my account and giving me new cards/account numbers.
2/b-2/c - I shampoo daily with non-sulfate shampoos - right now am *loving* L'Oreal Everpure shampoo and conditioner
For styling: homemade flax seed gel, Curl Keeper, and/or KCCC
Current favorite product: *KCCC*!!

Originally Posted by KurlyKarenLee
It's nice to know I was missed. My life is sooooo upside down right now. I definitely don't need someone &%$@#! around in my account. I, unfortunately, used my debit card. I will definitey keep tabs on this.

G-string, in light of Vaneda's post, I would call your bank immediately and see what can be done to protect your account. Her fraudulent charges began after ordering from Medsmex, too.
KurlyKarenLee

Wow-thanks to all for posting here. I just placed an order with them on the 10th-I wonder if I should be proactive and contact my credit card company before trouble starts? How long did it take you to get your items, and, even with this fraudulent business going on, just curious if you got the real deal--are you satisfied with the purchase itself? It seems like RedCatWaves has been buying from them forever, so maybe it's just the new customers that they hit? I shoulda known better...
Wow-thanks to all for posting here. I just placed an order with them on the 10th-I wonder if I should be proactive and contact my credit card company before trouble starts? How long did it take you to get your items, and, even with this fraudulent business going on, just curious if you got the real deal--are you satisfied with the purchase itself? It seems like RedCatWaves has been buying from them forever, so maybe it's just the new customers that they hit? I shoulda known better...
Originally Posted by Curly Girl Fla
It took my order approximately 2 weeks. I really don't know if it's the real stuff or not since I've never used Tri-Luma before. The Retin-A looks like the same stuff I used years ago. My husband thinks I should throw them both out and buy more through a reputable pharmacy. Something about the box not having a return address on it makes him question the source.
KurlyKarenLee

KurlyKarenLee, I appreciate your reply. I guess I'll wait and see when/if I get my package. I was so uncomfortable with this, that I went ahead and had my cc account #changed. I also noticed my account also has that ShopSafe option for a temporary card each time you purchase online-didn't even know that option existed before this.... I plan on taking full advantage of that going forward since I prefer to do everything online...
RedCatWaves -- I know you've been using this company in Mexico for awhile without problems, right? When you've received the orders in the past was there always a return address?

I wonder if they've recently been bought out by another company or hired new people. Of course, that is assuming that this is the source of the fraudulent claims, which I guess we don't know for sure....

I alerted my bank about the potential for a problem and so far there has been nothing suspicious. I placed my order on Sept 18 and received it about 2 weeks or so after that. I wasn't home when the package was delivered and I didn't ask my son if he had to sign for it or not. He did mention that he had spoken to the postal worker, so maybe that means he did sign for it. I did think it was odd that there was no return address.

I must say, though, I hope it is legit. My skin is looking great!!!

edit: I just read the two page post about this on the non-hair discussion. Lots of crazy scams going on. I guess we all have to be very careful.... And I suppose from now on I will have to pay big bucks for my gorgeous skin. Darn.
2Poodles Southeast PA
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

I thought I should add that this was not the first time I purchased from Medsmex. I had purchased from them twice before with no problems whatsoever.

The third time's a charm or something like that!
2/b-2/c - I shampoo daily with non-sulfate shampoos - right now am *loving* L'Oreal Everpure shampoo and conditioner
For styling: homemade flax seed gel, Curl Keeper, and/or KCCC
Current favorite product: *KCCC*!!

RedCatWaves -- I know you've been using this company in Mexico for awhile without problems, right? When you've received the orders in the past was there always a return address?

I've never even noticed if there's a return address or not. I've been ordering from them for probably about 3 years. Never a problem. I hope this is a one-time thing, and that they resolve the issues. I'll continue to order from them, because they sell legit products. I use a special CC with a low limit for all my internet shopping, so I'm not too concerned about it really.

I've never even noticed if there's a return address or not. I've been ordering from them for probably about 3 years. Never a problem. I hope this is a one-time thing, and that they resolve the issues. I'll continue to order from them, because they sell legit products. I use a special CC with a low limit for all my internet shopping, so I'm not too concerned about it really.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
That's a really good idea - I think I'll look into that....
2Poodles Southeast PA

Trending Topics