Egyptian Magic, anyone? Opinions?

I saw this mentioned on another health and beauty forum, and some folks raved about it. It's supposed to be healing, anti-aging, anti-acne...but not sure how it really would work with acne/oily skin especially while using retin-a, and it's $$$ to me ($34+shipping). The media seems gaga over it, but I never heard of it before.
The feel of my skin has improved in general with the retin-a, but I do get a dry, tight feeling sometimes, and peeling (but little irritation except on the blemishes? And those spots are staying red forever...) I alternate with a seakelp bioferment serum, or straight up bioferment, jojoba oil and an active cream I put together for moisturizing after the retin-a is applied, but would love to find something that will keep my skin on even keel as I use the r-a.

Egyptian Magic Ingredients

olive oil
bees wax
honey
bee pollen
royal jelly
bee propolis
Divine love
(nothing about me is the least bit divine, so this couldn't hurt, right?)

Here's the site:
Egyptian Magic

Thoughts, experiences greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Four ounces is a pretty big jar for that money. I don't know if it's really magic, but the ingredients look healthy enough. Bee products are supposed to be very soothing and healing. It'll probably last for many months, and if you don't like it on your face, you could use it elsewhere. I'm tempted myself actually. Let me know how you like it if you try it.
That stuff sounds awesome! I'm going to go to Whole Foods today and look for it. There's even testimonials that it helps with frizz. Gotta love a multi-purpose product!
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

i used this two years ago...bought it from Whole Foods for $22. I think I used two or three jars before I decided t stop buying. Only a small amount is needed.

I initially bought it when I had an extreme eczema flare-up. It helped a little with the itching.

I also used it on my face. It made my skin glow. It also helped with pimples. I still have a 3/4 full jar that I need to finish.

Never tried it on my hair.

I can't believe it is now $34. Wow.
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
i forgot to add......ah...yes...the real reason why i stopped using it is returning to me.

i also stopped using it because WF had trouble getting it in stock. the WF rep told me that they couldn't get in touch with the company so they had to stop carrying the product. the process of me checking the two WFs spanned three or four months and then i gave up and started using something else because i couldn't find any more product and wanted to save what i had remaining my jar. this is why i have a 3/4 full jar.
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
I picked some up at Whole Foods yesterday - it cost 26.99. It's a really thick smooth wax. The fragrance is subtle, not at all overpowering. So far I've only used it on my face as a night cream and on my chapped lips. And then I put a bit more on my face this morning - over the peeling areas around my nose from my cold. Feels great going on - I pat it on and then it seems to melt into the skin. It does leave a bit of a glow - not obnoxiously shiny, though. It's so thick that you don't need much - if fact it's hard to get a lot out of the jar at one time. This jar will probably last ages if I only use it on my face and lips. I'll probably try some as a pomade on my hair at some point... So far I like it! The real test will be how my acne-prone skin reacts. The testimonials say it will help. We'll see....
2Poodles Southeast PA
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

Well, it looks like it's worth a shot, then. I actually saw it on Amazon for $19 and change, but opted to pay the full price direct from the company. It may seem silly, but I also like to see the service a company provides since I think that it can say alot about a product, too. I got an email acknowledging the order was placed, and, later in the day amazingly got the shipping notice. Although the responses are automated, the quick communication impresses me. I hope it works on my acne-prone combo skin as well, but I know I have alot of other uses for it, too. I happen to love bee products, and took royal jelly (not the dehydrated stuff) for years. It gave me alot of energy, but was expensive at the time. I may have to make a trip to the health food store now, too! Thanks for your input, guys, and looking forward to your updates, 2poodles.
Just an update-I received this stuff on Monday-lightning fast, cheap shipping(good since Whole Foods closest to me doesn't carry it). I've used it morning and night for three days, and I really like it alot. It looked like it would be extremely greasy, but a teeny bit just melts into your skin (for me, this is over the retin-a)-no excess oil, no aggravated acne yet, and the red, irritated spots that seem to have resulted from the retin-a where I had/have breakouts are finally healing. Another plus-great on my lips, and I rub any residual balm on my hands with nice results. I hope I can continue to get success with this--y'all were right-it will last me forever....if it doesn't work out, I think I can find plenty of other uses for it (haven't tried it in hair or on the 2-year-old's sensitive butt-in-endless-potty-training yet...)
Just an update-I received this stuff on Monday-lightning fast, cheap shipping(good since Whole Foods closest to me doesn't carry it). I've used it morning and night for three days, and I really like it alot. It looked like it would be extremely greasy, but a teeny bit just melts into your skin (for me, this is over the retin-a)-no excess oil, no aggravated acne yet, and the red, irritated spots that seem to have resulted from the retin-a where I had/have breakouts are finally healing. Another plus-great on my lips, and I rub any residual balm on my hands with nice results. I hope I can continue to get success with this--y'all were right-it will last me forever....if it doesn't work out, I think I can find plenty of other uses for it (haven't tried it in hair or on the 2-year-old's sensitive butt-in-endless-potty-training yet...)
Originally Posted by Curly Girl Fla

Cool...glad you like it. I'm very tempted to buy this also.
I've been using it 2x daily since Monday. Mr. C picked up a tub for me at Whole Foods.

So far it hasn't caused any breakouts for me. I'll only use this when it's cold or extremely dry because it is basically just wax and oil. It reminds me a lot of the Mushers Secret wax we put on the dogs' feet only it smells better (actually the Mushers Secret is kinda minty).
formerly Castella
(my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
Just got this at ebay for 26 dollars (free shipping)! Can't wait to get it!
Maya
3b/c CG routine
HG line DevaCurl
Password: Locks

Just wanted to give an update on this products.

Loving it, especially during these winter months.
Very moisturizing! I use it on my legs, arms and
any dry spots. I also use it on my face right
before I go to bed. Leaves skin super soft!
Maya
3b/c CG routine
HG line DevaCurl

Just wanted to give an update on this products.

Loving it, especially during these winter months.
Very moisturizing! I use it on my legs, arms and
any dry spots. I also use it on my face right
before I go to bed. Leaves skin super soft!
Originally Posted by Ladydncing
Glad you like it as much as I do! I've been using it everynight on my face, and sometimes in the morning, too. The perpetually irritated spots I got from using retin-a are almost completely healed up, and my skin is moisturized, but not greasy. I've pretty much given up my other serums/moisturizers-sometimes use them during the day, but just to use them up. The best part is that I've barely made a dent in the container!
I've been using this in different areas for 3 weeks. It's really helped patchy, scaly areas of persistent eczema and retin-a irritation and best of all.... has NOT caused any acne flare-ups! It's a keeper!!
2Poodles Southeast PA

It is a keeper!!!

It's become part of my evening routine. I apply this to my face, neck, hands and any other patchy dry spot that I may be experiencing.
A jar is going to last a long time!
Maya
3b/c CG routine
HG line DevaCurl

Ooh, I'll have to check into this.
There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
darn! my sister had a jar with her when i saw her at xmas and she offered to give it to me and get more for herself when she got back to Ottawa. i don't know anywhere here in London to get the stuff and my sister teaches belly dancing in Ottawa so knows of stores that carry the stuff there.

when she told me how much it cost ($35 Cdn), i said she better keep it and i'd keep looking.

my KNEES are always dry in the winter and regular body lotion just isn't helping. the Lubriderm lotion that really worked on it was discontinued a while ago and i'm about to run out of my last bit!

time to search eBay...
My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
thanks so much, CGF. US pricing isn't a problem any more for us here in Canada - our dollar is matching yours lately.

the ebay seller is charging $10 to ship to Canada and Amazon has a cdn branch now that doesn't carry personal care items. they won't ship here any more.

My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!

Last edited by rouquinne; 01-07-2008 at 02:32 PM.
I've been using it twice a week and it's working well in cold, dry weather. It's too much for wet, humid weather though. Anyway, I haven't had breakouts from it, which is great!

Rou, it's mostly olive oil and beeswax. I know it has honey in it, but I don't think there's much in there (it's fragranced to smell like honey as well) because it isn't sticky at all. I think this probably wouldn't be that hard to make especially in a microwave, although if you don't use a preservative you wouldn't want to make much at a time. I think the $30ish price per jar is pretty steep, given the ingredients, but a little does go a long way.
formerly Castella
(my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)

Trending Topics