Take Me Back to the Sixties

Ya'll gotta go watch this. It almost made me cry.

http://cruzintheavenue.com/TakeMeBackToTheSixties.htm
KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
Yeah, I remember the smell of burning leaves every autumn. And when was the last time you saw a Corvair??
"Tell me, are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

"Honey Badger don't care!"
Thanks KKL for posting the link. I was tearing up towards the end as well. I agree with the last line about believing the 60's were the beginning of the end of the last generation of innocence. Can't wait to let my kids watch when they get home from school today. Fabulous stuff!
Yeah, I remember the smell of burning leaves every autumn. And when was the last time you saw a Corvair??
Originally Posted by fig jam
My father owned a drugstore and he always had a "delivery boy" who delivered prescriptions to the customer's home if they wished (no charge, of course) and his delivery car was always a Corvair.
The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
Ya'll gotta go watch this. It almost made me cry.

http://cruzintheavenue.com/TakeMeBackToTheSixties.htm
Originally Posted by KurlyKarenLee
Thanks, KKL. This was such a great thing to post - how nostalgic. It really makes me long for the good ol' days because that's just what they were. I remember so many of the things in the movie. I vividly remember the day our family got a princess phone!
The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
I wasn't alive in the 1960's but have always had a great fondness for that decade. Thanks for posting that!
2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!
Oh, I wanted a Princess phone of my own in the worst way!
"Tell me, are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

Oh, I wanted a Princess phone of my own in the worst way!
Originally Posted by fig jam
Yeah, me too! And I can't believe my sister used to have a white convertible mustang with red interior. I wonder what that would be worth now a days.

The photo that really got me, though, was the photo of the Vietnamese man getting shot in the head. I remember that being on the news ---along with the little girl running down the street naked crying. I think it was shortly after that they stopped showing the war on the nightly news --while everyone was sitting around the dinner table eating supper.
KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
Banned
I'd love to have a Classic 'Stang!
It'd be worth a ton...
I'd love to have a Classic 'Stang!
It'd be worth a ton...
Originally Posted by WileECoyote - Daddy's grl

Not really. You have to constantly pour money into them. They're a PITA to keep running. My brother has one, and it's always in need of something. It's like a giant hole in the garage where he throws money.
i almost cried looking at the price of gas ($.31/gal)!!
when all else fails...eat
[COLOR="Purple"]
i almost cried looking at the price of gas ($.31/gal)!!
Originally Posted by BugEyeZ

Yes, I remember when my sister thought it was a good deal when I would borrow her car and put a couple of dollars worth of gas in it!

I think my last fill-up was $57 and change.

Banned
This is what I had in mind...
http://www.karmustang.com/classic_car_inventory.php

I'll take #66232
This is what I had in mind...
http://www.karmustang.com/classic_car_inventory.php

I'll take #66232
Originally Posted by WileECoyote - Daddy's grl
Yeah, that 64028 white '64 with the red interior looks just like what she had. Of course, at the time (1970's) it wasn't so cool.
KurlyKarenLee

Banned
I was wondering if that was like what she had...wow....
As-Is Price:$36,500
My sil had one, but it was not a rag top.
My mil had a vette..
Banned
What do y'all think of my '65?

Trending Topics