Hand/Body Lotion Recommendations?

Any hand and body lotion recommendations? Preferably drugstore. Thanks!
Maudie
I just started using the Dove ProAge body moisturizer and I really like it. My skin is dry, especially in the winter months and this worked very well. The dry, bumpy skin on my upper arms is gone!
Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
CG since '08.

Cleanser: (Summer) Beautiful Curls Nurturing shampoo or Kathymack's soap bars
Co-wash: TJ Nourish
Protein: CJ Repair Me
Styling products: (Summer) BB Styling Mudd
Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.
I like cetaphil moisturizing cream for my body and vaseline intensive care for my hands.
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

Palmer's cocoa butter
2b/3a.
Dove's Cream Oil Intensive Care for extra dry skin and Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion or cream. I've recently fallen in love with these! You can find them both at Wal-mart. HTH!
2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!
I buy Hemp lotion at Walmart. It's something like $5 a bottle and smells divine. They have I think 3 or 4 scents and moisturizes like crazy. I like that it doesn't have petroleum or mineral oil in it, so it actually absorbs into the skin and protects instead of just sitting on top of the skin.

I also like the Vaseline Cocoa Butter lotion.

Another I love is Udderly Smooth (sp?). Not to be confused with Bag Balm. This is a lotion and though it doesn't have the best scent, it works really well.
2B...ish
http://public.fotki.com/SunshineGrrl/ pw: drama
Products
This area is under construction as my hair type changed and nothing works well for me. I shampoo, I condition and pretty much have done nothing but chuck my hair in a messy bun for the past oh...year? Yeah, I'm that lazy.

No...going no-poo or CG does not work for me. It leaves me overconditioned and oily in a second no matter what I use, so that's not what's not working.
J.R. Watkins Apothecary Shea Butter - Target in the cosmetics section. It's so thick & yummy scented!

I have this one:

http://www.jrwatkins.com/jrwatkins/p...1D&Country=Usa

100% Cocoa Butter by Queen Helene - anywhere, I think. It's great for 99 cents!
J.R. Watkins Apothecary Shea Butter - Target in the cosmetics section. It's so thick & yummy scented!

I have this one:

http://www.jrwatkins.com/jrwatkins/p...1D&Country=Usa

100% Cocoa Butter by Queen Helene - anywhere, I think. It's great for 99 cents!
Originally Posted by lazy loops
Oooohhh...do you use this everywhere or just on your hands? Sounds yummy. Does is smell like Cocoa/Shea Butter or just Lavender (my favorite, BTW)?
2B...ish
http://public.fotki.com/SunshineGrrl/ pw: drama
Products
This area is under construction as my hair type changed and nothing works well for me. I shampoo, I condition and pretty much have done nothing but chuck my hair in a messy bun for the past oh...year? Yeah, I'm that lazy.

No...going no-poo or CG does not work for me. It leaves me overconditioned and oily in a second no matter what I use, so that's not what's not working.
I use the Lavender Shea Butter all over my hands, at night only. The lavender, which I think is strong, & that I love, sends me off to sleep with a smile.
I'll need to get that too. I adore lavender. Love to spray it on the sheets at night. DH doesn't care for it though so I can only do that on the nights when he falls asleep on the sofa (and if he is snoring, I'm NOT gonna wake him up).

But bless him, he buys me lavender lotion and body and bath stuff.
My son wears combat boots (and a parachute).
The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

A nurse I know just recommended Aveeno with the dark blue top, or Eucerin.
Oh & by the way, the 100% cocoa butter stick smells like chocolate!
I have been using Keri lotion (original formula) since I was 14 for a skin condition. I've been using it for so long it's become second nature to apply after my shower. I've never tried anything else that works as well for my particular condition. Some folks might not like it though as it's very thick.

A close second for effectiveness is Jergens Ultra Healing Lotion. I use this on my hands and feet every night and it really stays on!
I have 3A hair. I've discovered Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner and I'm thrilled! Long-time LA Looks sport gel user.
I really like the Olay Body Quench and I love the subtle little sparklies it has in it.
3c
Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
CoWash: VO5 kiwi
Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor
I keep going back to Curel, no matter how many other things I try.
Minneapolis, MN

Trending Topics