GHK copper serum -- need some guidance

Ok, so I just started using the Wheat Germ wash and Emu/HA combo. I have the GHK copper serum coming in the next couple days. (along with several other products...I am now a PJ of curl products AND skincare!)

So my question is this:
It looks like I am not supposed to use the BHA with the GHK copper serum. Does anyone else use the GHK?

So I think this would be the correct order of products:

AM
wash with WheatGerm wash.
BHA (wait 30 min)
Vit C (wait 10)
Emu/HA if needed
Sunscreen

PM
Wash with WheatGerm wash. Use micro-face cloth for
light manual exfol.
GHK copper serum
Emu/HA.

I feel like something is missing....but I am not sure what.
Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
CG since '08.

Cleanser: (Summer) Beautiful Curls Nurturing shampoo or Kathymack's soap bars
Co-wash: TJ Nourish
Protein: CJ Repair Me
Styling products: (Summer) BB Styling Mudd
Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.
Looks good to me. Your wait times are good. You've got the Vit C and CP at opposite ends of the day, which is correct.
Thank you so much RCW. I don't want to take advantage of your time, but I just wanted to check.

I appreciate your help and all the posts you made on skincare on the site. It really helped me make some decisions about what I should do to help my skin.
Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
CG since '08.

pigreyhound, I know you think I'm stalking you now, but I would love to find out more about your skincare routine. I found wheat germ cleanser on the Diana Yvonne web site, but I can't find the copper product you mention. What does GHK mean/stand for? Which vitamin C product do you use? What is vitamin C supposed to do for your skin? I see Emu oil, but what is Emu/HA?

Also, with acne-prone skin, I would be nervous about using something like the wheat germ cleanser. It really doesn't make your acne worse?

Thanks.

Last edited by Verity; 06-02-2008 at 07:06 AM.
Oh, I don't mind chatting! There just are people who seem to have similar issues or solutions to the same problems!

I do like the Wheat germ cleanser, although the smell isn't great. It does not bother my skin. Now, although I am having some nasty, repetitive outbreaks, overall my skin tends to be dry. (Don't know if that matters) I have very sensitive skin so my issue is to find products that work but don't drive my hypersensitive skin into a fit.

I buy the GHK serum at skinbiology.com. But Dianne Yvonne should have it also. It is blue.
Both companies have good sample sizes, so you may want to do some reading and buy samples.

This is what I do right now:

morning:
Cleanse with Wheatgerm cleanser.
GHK serum
Two drops of Emu oil and one drop Hydraulonic acid for moisturizing.
Sunscreen.
Mineral makeup. (I am trying Everyday Minerals right now)

after work:
Cleanse with Wheatgerm cleanser and microfiber cloth.
Lac/Sal serum
Mandelaic acid if needed on any outbreaks.

Before bed:
Two drops Emu oil and one drop hydraulonic acid.

I just got the Lac/Sal serum sample and really like it.

The skinbiology site has lots of information and good advice, but so does RedCatWaves!! Make sure you look at the other forums on this site....the non-hair forums. One of them is about skincare and there is lots of info there.
CG since '08.

Trending Topics