What Has Been Your Favorite Decade, so far?

I would have to say mine was when I was in my 40's. I married at 20 & spent 20 years in that marriage. It wasn't a good marriage, so I didn't grow as a person. In my 40's I partied like a rock star & got that out of my system. I also had to work, which I didn't when I was married. It taught me discipline & made me more independant. So far my 50's have sucked. The lesson I am learning is to not take your time for granted. Time is going to pass & you need to make the most of each day. Don't be in bad relationships. Don't work at jobs you hate. Don't let friends drain you. Find your passion & do it. My 50's are almost over & I want my 60's to rock!
AKA lotsawaves
AKA new2curls
I can't answer.

The 20s brought huge life changes for me.
the 30s were much more stable, and I claimed my life back.
I've just started my 40s.
There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
Parts of each decade were so great and so terrible that it's hard to choose but all in all I'd say it was my 40's.
Last year, my 50th, was my favorite year.
Much of this year sucks so far.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
My 20's were fabulous...at least the parts I can remember. I was in college...partied like a rock star ...fell in love with hubby ...then settled down, got married, had babies. That being said, I turned 50 last year and am now loving this phase of my life. I actually enjoy the fact that most of my parenting responsibilities are over...at least the day to day stuff...I was sooo ready for that. But now that I think about it, I also liked my 30's...when the kids were little and we were busy watching them grow and getting all wrapped up in their little league and soccer. Maybe all this means I liked my 40's the least?
The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
I've liked my 30's and 40's both pretty well. My 20's sucked, with 2 marriage failures. I got my life in order at 33 and it's been smooth sailing ever since. I'm hoping my 50's and 60's and beyond will be great as well.
I'd like to go back to the early 80's I was in my 20's. Madonna, Janet Jackson, George Michael's, Tears for Fears I could go on. The most fun I had in life. I had no worries or cares.

The 30's were ok, but the 40's are kicking my behind I'm praying for peace and behaving hair.
This one is my best one so far. I'm finally in shape, have a good income, and a healthy lifestyle. I'm much more peaceful than I was in my 20's or 30's too.

Although there is something to be said for 80's with the crazy clothes and hair.
Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
I agree with jeepcurlygurl, there's been good and bad scattered pretty much throughout. But, I'm feeling better about myself and the direction I'm going in right now than any other part of my life. I turned 53 on 7/28. I know what's important in life to me. I finally accept myself as I am and like myself. Love my curly hair, it goes with my quirky personality. I'm in the best physical shape in my life. I've finally learned to stay away from negative relationships and nurture positive ones. I feel my 50s will be the best so far and I'm looking forward to the rest of my journey.
I'm feeling more self-acceptance in my 40's, and I really, really like that!

It started with a surge of newfound self-confidence in the late 30's..... but that has kind of crested because I made one or two mistakes with the newfound confidence (!), thereby learning that, ok, yeah, maybe I am pretty flawed, but I'm actually ok with that.

It's hard to explain.... but I'll bet many of you will get what I'm saying.

Wurly and proud!
Modified CG since 2008.
I can't honestly say I've enjoyed my 30s, but I've learned a lot and haven't run and hidden from anything, so hopefully that'll pay off in my 40s.

20s were full emotional turmoil, anger and fear.

Teens were a mess.

Oy.

But I had a nice childhood that I remember fondly.
The first decade was my favorite. Ignorance was bliss.
I've liked my 30's and 40's both pretty well. My 20's sucked, with 2 marriage failures. I got my life in order at 33 and it's been smooth sailing ever since. I'm hoping my 50's and 60's and beyond will be great as well.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
Exactly the same pattern for me too in my 20s with two failed marriages. In my early 30s married "the one" and we have been happy ever since. I am hoping for good health and a long happy life together.

Germany Curly

Last Relaxer(Texturizer): Aug. 2005
BC: May 2006

Trending Topics