What's growing?

My cherry tomato plant has little green tomatoes all over it!!! Next year - note to self - buy a bigger container for the container planting on the deck! We picked up another decorative grass plant for out back where 1 of plants from last year did not come back and another hydrangea plant for out front. The hydrangea plant we bought last year is a lace variety that I love but I also wanted one that had the big balls of flowers so we got that kind this weekend!
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
Guide18
Gosh. I wish I could grow some of those wonderful plants! The local wildlife really limits what I can grow...

Inside the fence I have some tomatoes and hot peppers, also flat parseley and lots of basil. There are green tomatoes and tiny peppers on the plants, but nothing ready to pick yet.

Outside the fence I have thyme, rosemary, chives and oregano. The critters leave them alone.

I can grow sedums, but not much else in the way of perennials. The deer mow everything down. I can grow irises and peonies (both of which are long over), but don't even think about annuals.
Yeah, deer are a real nuisance. We finally got a deer fence for our back yard. Now I can plant what I want in our back 1.5 acres. The front yard isn't protected, but there's nothing that the deer absolutely love there - or they're used to walking around us now.
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

Guess what you guys?! Yesterday, it rain for about two hours! All of us Phoenicians(people living in Phoenix, AZ) stood out in it like turkeys. It was wonderful! And my Portulaca, Lavender and Sage loved it! Everything is so green! Nice break from the heat! Hey, we don't get that much rain! It's a big thing when it happens around here!
Stood outside like turkeys! That made me laugh so hard. But believe me, I get so sick of rain and snow that I am often envious of you folks with dry climates.

Picked my first cherry tomato today. Yummy. The herbs are going crazy. I can't keep up with drying all the parsley, sage, oregano, chives.
My flowers are at their best this time of year. All blooming and happy.

In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Feb 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
Oooo, beautiful!! I had a great cherry tomato patch when we lived in CA. Those tomatoes were so sweet! We became spoiled eating those tomatoes. The grocery store ones just can't compare. We shared our tomatoes with a huge lizard that lived in the patch. He ate some of the tomatoes but I didn't mind because he also ate the bugs. What's the vine growing in your second pic? I love flowering vines. Being a naturally curly I feel like a kindred soul of vines!
That is a fall blooming clematis. It will have clouds of little white flowers in late summer/fall.
I wish my hair grew as fast as that vine!
In Western PA
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Me too! Maybe we should use some "root stimulator" that you use on plants! Or plant food! Oh oh, this might be the start of a long thread here! "I used plant root stimulator on my hair today and it grew 10 inches by 5pm"! Hee, hee!
Guide18
That is a fall blooming clematis. It will have clouds of little white flowers in late summer/fall.
I wish my hair grew as fast as that vine!
Originally Posted by jeepcurlygurl
I have one of those near my door. Love the fragrance! Unfortunately, this year the deer have decided to eat it, so it may never get to bloom.
On my way to look for root stimulator! : )

I'm sorry so many of you have problems with deer. They are a problem around here to tho for some reason I've never had much trouble with animals eating my stuff. I don't know why. I have my big gardens at my ex's house. He has deer, turkeys, rabbits, raccoons, skunks, groundhogs. We fenced in the veg garden one year because the turkeys were taking dirt baths in it and squishing the plants. I walked inside the fence one day and discovered a rabbit on her nest under the oregano. They never ate one thing in the garden.
Something ate my hot pepper plants one year but left everything else. The deer do like to nibble the small serviceberry tree I planted a few years ago. But again, they leave everything else alone. I wish I could tell you all the secret, but I don't have one. I don't use any deterrents of any kind. I don't even use fertilizers or anything else. I plant stuff and kind of let it go on it's merry way. Lazy gardener.
I DO have trouble with slugs in wet years and japanese beetles every year. Hate em!
In Western PA
So my tomatoes never really got off the ground this year, but that's OK because I don't like them that much anyway. I've had some really excellent cauliflower and more cucumbers than I can handle.

Here are some pictures of flowers and stuff.

The zinnia have been doing well and attracting lots of bumblebees.

Eggplants...currently protected by a spider, but I've beat down a side trail to access them without disturbing her.

This is a salvia. I think. I grew it from seed, but I thought it was dahlia and it clearly isn't.

This is the spanish flag vine I "have" to grow. For some reason, it really flourishes in one location, I think it is the aluminum siding which reflects sun and heat. A neighboring gardener insists that I grow it.

We haven't had frost yet. The japanese beetles almost completely decimated my walking stick tree until I got the Surround (kaolin clay) on it. The Surround has worked better than I expected, and in this picture it has already survived 3 rainfalls.

Savoy cabbage, grown for a Polish friend.

formerly Castella
(my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)

Trending Topics