Jamie Lee Curtis

Has anyone else seen her new ads for the yogurt. She is rocking her age!!
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
ITA! I think she looks fabulous, and I love her outspoken, honest personality.
The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
She's my hero - although my hair isn't as gray as hers, I've got the same 'do (mine has some waves, though) and I started eating activia! Now, if I could get as slim as her, I'd be set! I read somewhere that she's into tennis and pilates....
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

She's my hero - although my hair isn't as gray as hers, I've got the same 'do (mine has some waves, though) and I started eating activia! Now, if I could get as slim as her, I'd be set! I read somewhere that she's into tennis and pilates....
Originally Posted by 2poodles
I know at one point she was heavier - I know I read/saw something recently where she realized she needed to start exercising, etc.

I have read some articles and have seen interviews with her and I just like her attitude and how she really tries to show the world the 'real' her.
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
Yep, she's my idol too.
She looks amazing and her confidence just lights up a room!
And I have to agree with her opinion on this - if people would spend less time/money/effort trying to look 20 their entire lives, we would probably all be happier and healthier.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
Love her! It's so refreshing to find a celebrity who makes no excuses for her age or appearance (granted, she looks fantastic). She doesn't starve herself into anorexia, she doesn't feel she has to color her hair just because she's a movie star, and she doesn't have an unnaturally cut and toned physique. She's just a normal woman who takes care of herself and tries to do the right thing.
I have 3A hair. I've discovered Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner and I'm thrilled! Long-time LA Looks sport gel user.
Yep! She is great! Love her philosphy on life. In fact between you ladies and Jamie Lee, I get so much inspiration.
I think she looks great, but I don't plan to follow in her footsteps in terms of letting my hair go gray. If I had straight hair, or hair that is easily straightened, I might have the nerve to let it go gray.

I know my opinion goes against the philosophy here, but I think curly gray hair makes a person look older. I would feel comfortable with wave or curl, or gray, but not both.

Last edited by Verity; 06-21-2008 at 10:04 PM.
She was on the cover of "More" magazine & there was a good article about her inside.
AKA lotsawaves
AKA new2curls
Speckla
I like her. I think she'd gotten better with age. She does seem more like a real person. Has anyone seen the magazine article that she did when she posed in her underwear (or shorts and a bra-type top) and show that she had rolls and cellulite and looked like a real person?

Speckla
She's beautiful!
3B-3C, alittle past tailbone length,age:41 years
I think she's great too! She's on this month's cover of my dad's AARP magazine. I love that she's not airbrushed--you can see every wrinkle (although she looks great!). I've said this before, if I had straight hair I'd be cutting my hair like hers. I'd even go gray if I were that evenly gray and her age. Not there yet on either account.

SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring"
3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
* pw: just4curlies
* My Motto: Strand Test!
some hair pics
-- gone, but never forgotten.
Just finished reading the article in More. It's probably one of my favorite magazine articles ever on a movie star. And the photographs were awesome too. Pick up the mag if you like Jamie. Well worth it.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
Saw her yesterday on one of the programs talking about the Hollywood plastic surgery thing. She's kept referring to her "f" word--fifty!! I think she said she'd be fifty in November.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams
Just finished reading the article in More. It's probably one of my favorite magazine articles ever on a movie star. And the photographs were awesome too. Pick up the mag if you like Jamie. Well worth it.
Originally Posted by jeepcurlygurl
I just read that,too.
She is a great role model for us!
"what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
-Mother Theresa
I keep looking at her and thinking... does her face really resemble someone who's about to be "naturally" fifty or does her face resemble the face of a well preserved Hollywood star who hasn't had the most work done but some work. With preserved I mean that she did perhaps have the best skincare treatments, small lifts and so on to enhance her looks... It's probably a niche on to itself, the "naturally aging" look.
I agree with you ladies. Jamie Lee is fabulous. She is turning 50 this year, hence making the cover of AARP magazine. Only she really knows if she's ever had any work done, but I did read where she watched her mother suffer emotionally as she aged, because her mom was all about her looks and couldn't deal with aging well, being a Hollywood movie star and all. She said she didn't want to be like that, and go through that, like her mother did. I think she feels her mother didn't really enjoy her life to the fullest as a result. Too absorbed with youth, and image, etc.
And I agree with the gray hair thing. I've said to my husband a thousand times, if my hair grayed as evenly as hers, or even my husband's, I would've never colored it. Unfortunately, mine grew in as a cross between Cher's look, during her 'skunk mohawk' days, and the character Lilly, from the old TV show "The Munsters". I just wasn't havin' it! LOL
Hair 3a/3b.

Last edited by alim1216; 07-05-2008 at 08:58 AM. Reason: misspellings
I can't remember where I read it (on-line news or magazine) that had an interview of her stating she had several things done when younger & was addicted to pain killers after the work. But she's since gone natural. She still looks damn good though.

Trending Topics