Do you know an undereye concealer

that doesn't highlight the fine lines under your eyes? I have dark circles I want to cover. Do you think a small brush is a must-have for application?
3c
Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
CoWash: VO5 kiwi
Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor
You want a yellow cream concealer... yellow neutralizes the purple shadows under your eyes.

Physicians formula used to have a very nice undereye concealer... The Magic Cube concealer. I don't know if they still make it, but it is in a small cube. It's kind of expensive, but with Physicians Formula, you definitely get what you pay for!

A brush isn't necessary, but some people do feel more comfortable using brushes than their hands. I have a friend that uses a brush for her concealer because she always feels she overdoes the application using her fingers... it's up to you and what you're comfortable with. :-)

One more thing to note: since you're using a yellow concealer, you do need to be sure to put this under your foundation (but over your moisturizer!) so that in case you don't get it blended as well as you'd like, it doesn't show.

Another tip that might help: Take just a little bit of light, slightly shimmery eye shadow (an ivory or a light beige color would work best... something relatively natural-looking) and apply it right below the inside corner of your eyes... it makes your eyes appear brighter and makes the bags less noticable.

Hope this helps!!

P.S. Speaking of concealer, I like to take a concealer that matches my skin tone (so one that you'd use to cover up other blemishes, NOT this yellow one!), put just a tad on my middle finger, and put it on my eyelids up to my eyebrows... it really helps your eyeliner and eyeshadow go on smoothly and evenly!
Chin-length 3b curls
Trying to grow out all the damage I've done to my poor curls... the ultimate goal is waist-length, healthy, natural curly hair. :-)

W
hat if I'm a weeping willow
Laughing tears upon my pillow
What if I'm a socialite who wants to be alone
What if I'm a toothless leopard
What if I'm a sheepless shepherd
What if I'm an angel without wings to take me home

I love Bobbie Brown Corrector in Bisque. It's my HG! It's a pinkish color and I rarely wear foundation just a touch of powder to set but not always. This glides right on. I use a small brush but the woman who applied it on my at Macy's used her finger. It's phenomenal!
< member since 2006. No idea where 1969 came from.
You want a yellow cream concealer... yellow neutralizes the purple shadows under your eyes.

Physicians formula used to have a very nice undereye concealer... The Magic Cube concealer.
Originally Posted by lovelyladycurls
I actually have some of that. I'll try it again. Thanks.
3c
I found that all concealers can get trapped in fine lines - and I also found that they can make a problem worse by drawing attention to it. I've tried many, many concealers over the years. What I'm doing lately that actually seems to work, is I use Patricia Wexler MD's Undereye Brightening Cream. It goes on smoothly, doesn't irritate my eyes and really has helped. I've been using it for about 2 months now and I no longer use concealer under my eyes. I do still use Stila 'Kitten' in the inner corners of my eyes/nose to brighten that area. Check out the cream here - at Bath and Body Works:
http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/prod...tPage=category
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

I just saw last night that Garnier has a new product for circles/puffiness. It's called anti puff eye roller. Not sure how it works but thought I would throw it out there.
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
I went to get the Bobbie Brown eche48 recommended in this thread and was talked into something called Bobbie Brown Eye Brightener instead. Apparently BB makes different kinds of concealers. The one I got is supposedly sheerer even though my circles are pretty dark, but the sales associate said the other one would cake on me. She tried both out on me - that's the best way to judge which works well. In general, I like BB products. Benefit also makes a good concealer.
I love the BB eyebrightener! Glad you got it. It truely does not cake or settle into lines. I have tried it all and this is my favorite.
2B/2C wavy
Don't Breed and Buy While Shelter Dogs Die - Adopt your next best friend!
I love the BB eyebrightener! Glad you got it. It truely does not cake or settle into lines. I have tried it all and this is my favorite.
Originally Posted by tycho19
I love this stuff!! It matches and looks invisible. I use it under my eyes toward the inside just to cover dark circles and I'm hooked. Thanks for the rec.
3c
Into The Mystic
I love this stuff!! It matches and looks invisible. I use it under my eyes toward the inside just to cover dark circles and I'm hooked. Thanks for the rec.
Originally Posted by mandyv
It's not overly oily, though, is it? I'm (old) and still have oily skin. Anything too oily around my eyes will get caught in an oil slick and end up right in my eyes....and I need a concealer, trust me.
I don't know, unpoof, but you can probably get a sample of it from the store. If they won't give you a sample, buy it and return it if you don't like it.
3c
My problem are is the inside corners of my eyes; they have darkened with age. I need coverage but also something that is moist, not matte. I enlisted the help of a Sephora saleswoman because for me going into Sephora is as foreign as going into a hardware store. Anyway I ended up with Fresh Absolute concealer. I've used a brush and patted with my fingers. Brush is better. I also helps to apply it lying down or with head tipped way back.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
It's not overly oily, though, is it? I'm (old) and still have oily skin. Anything too oily around my eyes will get caught in an oil slick and end up right in my eyes....and I need a concealer, trust me.
Originally Posted by unpoof
I have oily skin, too, and was delighted to discover that a light application of my regular shade of Bare Minerals in the undereye area before I apply the regular application to my face has made a *huge* difference. Prior to this, I had never found a concealer that didn't end up in the crevices of my laugh lines or just make me greasy. Bare Minerals has made all the difference for me.
3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
Blog: http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/
Twitter: nopoojillipoo
Into The Mystic

Originally Posted by unpoof
I have oily skin, too, and was delighted to discover that a light application of my regular shade of Bare Minerals in the undereye area before I apply the regular application to my face has made a *huge* difference. Prior to this, I had never found a concealer that didn't end up in the crevices of my laugh lines or just make me greasy. Bare Minerals has made all the difference for me.
Originally Posted by jillipoo
Oh wow. I thought I was just a hair product junkie. No I'll be branching out to other areas. Thanks for the the info! I'll have to wear a disguise....
i wish i could remember which makeup artist the interview was with (for some reason, i keep thinking it was either Bobbi Brown or Laura Mercier, who both make products that are, let's face it, kind to our skin), but the article said that the artist now recommends using BOTH a yellow-toned concealer and a peach-toned highlighter (Smashbox Photo-Op Under Eye Brightener - just got this and i don't have a dark circle problem and i LOVE it!) at the same time.

September column is going to be about makeup and tips for us over-40s (mainly because i am SO peeved at Vogue for their "ageless" issue - HA!). i've been collecting a lot of good (and not so good) stuff! next person who says that women over 40 should NOT wear frost eye shadow is going to get a swift kick.....

grrrrrrr.....

My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!

Trending Topics