Long Hair forever

I'm 49 and dithering again about how many years I can wear my hair long...and we've been watching Season 2 of Alias....if Faye Dunaway can do it at her age, I can do it until I am her age!

My son wears combat boots (and a parachute).
The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

Hmmm, Im 45 and starting to dither a bit too. I think if I could find a hairdresser I could trust to cut it properly I'd probably opt for shorter (though never "short"). Most of the time I'm quite happy with the length but I like to straighten it sometimes and then I think I look, well, a bit silly really.
'Tis a dilemma.
I personally don't think Faye Dunaway looks good like that at all. I think she looks creepy.
I don't think the creepiness factor is due to her long hair, which is stunning. What I don't like is the kabuki mask-like face. These people really need to lay off the Botox and plastic surgery!

btw susancnw - Love the new avatar pic! What kind of heat is your puppy packin'?
btw susancnw - Love the new avatar pic! What kind of heat is your puppy packin'?
Originally Posted by misspam
ditto!
The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
I was blessed with thick shiny hair, and I intend to wear it long for however long it is thick and shiny. If it ever goes thin, dull, or stringy, I'll cut it shorter. Until then, I intend to let the world enjoy it long.

Faye looks creepy because of her multiple face lifts and big white fake teeth. Her hair is gorgeous though.
Yea, the 1st thing I noticed was her face, then her hair. I wear my hair long, but I'm starting to get a lot of knots. I need to make an appointment for a trim. I will probably always have long hair, but will wear it up when I get older.
AKA lotsawaves
AKA new2curls
I admit that it is not a great pic of her....but watching her on Alias (yeah, all the tricks that they can play with film) she looked pretty amazing. Hubby pointed it out first actually.

No idea what kind of gun that Coco has...I can find out. Friend of mine sent the pic, I had another friend offer to alter it a bit so her gun and bow will both be pink and match. A girl's gotta coordinate! She looks like a friend's Maltese that is known by the nickname "killer' to the UPS man.

The caption is compliments of my son.
Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

I admit that it is not a great pic of her....but watching her on Alias (yeah, all the tricks that they can play with film) she looked pretty amazing. Hubby pointed it out first actually.

No idea what kind of gun that Coco has...I can find out. Friend of mine sent the pic, I had another friend offer to alter it a bit so her gun and bow will both be pink and match. A girl's gotta coordinate! She looks like a friend's Maltese that is known by the nickname "killer' to the UPS man.

The caption is compliments of my son.
Originally Posted by susancnw
Not to nit pick or anything. Isn't matching your bow and gun considered too old-fashioned? You know, too matchy? Personally, I like my bow and Glock to offset each other. I guess it's just personal preference.
I'm 49 and dithering again about how many years I can wear my hair long...and we've been watching Season 2 of Alias....if Faye Dunaway can do it at her age, I can do it until I am her age!

Originally Posted by susancnw
I think it partially depends on your body type - how tall you are, etc. Can you give us some particulars? Also, what is your fashion style? Long hair isn't conservative and can look frumpy with certain clothing. With very dramatic clothing or loose flowing clothing it can look great. Have you looked at any books on fashion that give you ideas? Is your hair grey? How is it styled? Summing up, I don't think age by itself is the determining factor for the length of one's hair. Interested to know more about your look...
I plan on keeping my hair long until I die.
3B-3C, alittle past tailbone length,age:41 years
I had my hair cut really short (to grow out a relaxer), but it made me look much older. I think my face is too round for short hair. (And it's gotten worse after 40!)

Once it was about chin-length, I got a great cut from a girl in San Diego, but sadly, she moved away.

That's OK... I believe I look best when my hair is long (several inches past shoulder-length right now) and when it's in its natural BIG, curly poofiness!

P.S. Though her hair is gorgeous, Faye Dunaway scares me no matter what her hair looks like.
I'm 5'6"....do I have to confess the weight? I'm starting South Beach Diet on Monday. Have to finish the book again, do my shopping, etc.

Casual look most of the time..jean and t-shirts. Love tailored shirts but most of them don't fit right now so...will lose the weight instead of buying new again. besides, they are great shirts. When I wear skirts or dresses, I usually go with a more romantic style...sweaters and tailored slacks. There is always some softness around though.

VERY round face - Charlie Brown pizza face anyone? So I often wear bangs of some sort or something over the forehead...even if it is very light or brushed to the side.

I don't think the creepiness factor is due to her long hair, which is stunning. What I don't like is the kabuki mask-like face. These people really need to lay off the Botox and plastic surgery!
Originally Posted by misspam
To me, the creepiness is the Botox-face combined with the teenage California beach-girl hair. They don't go together. The hair makes the face look worse because you expect to see that hairstyle on someone younger, so it just brings out the fact that she doesn't look young.

I think she looks witchy-looking (in the stereotypical wicked witch of the west-type way).
I don't know how old she is but she has to be in her
60s and I am 60 and wish I looked THAT good -- phoney teeth and all!!!
She's close to 70...

I googled her & she is 67.
AKA lotsawaves
AKA new2curls
why can't you wear your hair long until you die? why allow somebody else dictate how you should look?
when all else fails...eat
[COLOR="Purple"]
Whether or not WE think she looks good (the hair is gorgeous, the botox and teeth not so much), the important thing is if SHE thinks she looks good. If she does, then what we think doesn't mean diddly.

Same goes for all of us. If I like my hair long grey and curly, it doesn't matter if anyone else likes it.

If you (general you) prefer your hair boy short, or granny permed, or flat ironed beach blonde long then that's how you should wear it.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Feb 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd

Trending Topics