Layers in Curly Hair..

It took me 2 years to grow out my super short cut, I'm almost shoulder length now with some layers throughout. I just went in for a trim recently and asked that only 1/4 inch be taken off. She took a little more off and the layering right near my face on each side looks too poofy, the length of the layers before pulled it down and was much less bulky but had a nice curl pattern. I hate this now...I feel like I look like a poof-ball and can't wear it curly
Would it be silly to just have layering in the back? It seems like the only way to have layers in my super-THICK hair is to have super-long ones.....and I'm no where near long layers or long hair right now. I feel like I need to blow-dry straight <gasp> in order to not look like a poof-ball. I'm very unhappy
Sorry that happened to you - that's such an awkward stage. Have you tried headbands? That really helped me when my hair was that length. (Now I'm back to super-short!)
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

I had the same issue when my hair was shoulder length. It's very awkward length. I still had layers but my hair was too light and therefore poofy. Once it grew a couple more inches that problem went away. Then I had to layer it more otherwise I ended up with pyramid head.

I didn't have any real solution except more product to weigh it down, a headband as 2poodles suggested or in summer a nice big straw hat. I wasn't CG at the time either which didn't help matters.
Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
Yes, lots of product to weigh it down and some Ficcare clips would help. If you keep it up it may look better.
Yes, lots of product to weigh it down and some Ficcare clips would help. If you keep it up it may look better.
Originally Posted by Autumn2
Thanks all. I'll look for some headbands tomorrow...this looks so weird right now!

Trending Topics