Creaks, snaps, pops, groans...

Several times daily I can pop my ankles, often when walking my left knee feels like it wants to come out of the socket & sometimes my left hip feels that way too, my neck sounds like Rice Krispies...

Damn my body sounds old!

My son likes to make comments about breaking the plastic hip, which I don't have! Smart ass.
I have to crack my thumbs and my left hip a few times a day or they hurt like heck. My knees, neck, and shoulders pop often on their own. Yep, getting old.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Feb 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
my son can crack every joint in his body, even in big bursts that sound like popcorn LOL

he is only 21, so its not necessarily an age thing!
I can't sneak up on anyone downstairs - my creaking knees give me away every time!
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

I have the creaks and cracks also. DH is convinced that something is just going to pop out of socket at some point. My elbow, neck, back, knee.... might be a shorter list if I only included what doesn't crack, creak or pop! LOL!
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, Acure Argan Stem Cell+Argan Oil, Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
Well, not quite 40 here, but I've had Rice Krispy joints (they snap, crackle and pop) since I had my 1st baby. I hope that makes me relevant here. I'll be 40 in december if that helps. Yoga a couple of times a week makes an incredible difference for me. After just a few weeks of practicing once a week significantly reduces the popping in my knees and hips.
I will be 40 in December too!
i am glad i can still walk and use the toilet by myself.
when all else fails...eat
[COLOR="Purple"]
n/m

Last edited by lazy loops; 08-09-2008 at 10:18 AM.
I don't creak. Swimming daily makes me feel effing fabulous. My husband creaks like an old door hinge though. I try to get him to swim, but he won't. He'd rather creak.
Yoga a couple of times a week makes an incredible difference for me. After just a few weeks of practicing once a week significantly reduces the popping in my knees and hips.
Originally Posted by brdudeon
You're right -- things like yoga, pilates, and/or lots of stretching become SO essential at a certain point. If you've ever gone to a baseball game, have you ever noticed that the "older" players (over 30!!!) are out on the field, stretching for like an hour before the game? That's how they stick around and can still compete with the younger guys.

Of course, I'm getting to the point where I feel like I have to stretch before even going shopping!!!!

Could be worse, though -- my cat likes to join my husband when he stretches (she lies next to him and purrs). It's gotten to the point where she comes running anytime she hears a thud followed by a groan, because she knows that means he just got down on the ground to stretch.

Wurly and proud!
Modified CG since 2008.
i am glad i can still walk and use the toilet by myself.
Originally Posted by BugEyeZ
yeah, my stepmom lost these abilities due to brain cancer at 54 and it was heartbreaking to watch

sure puts other things into perspective

Trending Topics