Define "Middle Aged"

Anyone looking in this section of NC LOL!!!

I said that 40 was middle age to my inlaws (who are early 70s) and they said no way! In their opinion, middle age was 50+ LOL!!
3a, fine, highlighted, BSL. HGs so far: GF C&S leave in (d/c), Aussie Tizz No Frizz gel, honey, ACV, CK. Searching for a leave in curl cream to replace GF.
I think of middle-aged as beng not young and not old.

Someone with wisdom and life experience, but still energetic, physically fit, vibrant, enthusiastic about life etc.

At 43, I would be lying if I said I was young - I'm not innocent and inexperienced. But I'm not an old women either.

I don't know when I decided that I was middle-aged. I see it as a positive term.
I plan on living to 100,so I will be middle aged in 4 years
"what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
-Mother Theresa
i will be 59 next month and consider myself middle aged. after all, 60 is the new 30
i did a 4 day hut to hut in the northern presidentials in NH last summer, swim miles in the ocean and illegally in local lakes, play the banjo. i am chunky but nothing hurts at the moment.
old is over 90. i have 80+ friends who hike better than me!!
Susan suburban NY
3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
CG since 11/11/04
http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
PW: banjo
HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls
i will be 59 next month and consider myself middle aged. after all, 60 is the new 30
i did a 4 day hut to hut in the northern presidentials in NH last summer, swim miles in the ocean and illegally in local lakes, play the banjo. i am chunky but nothing hurts at the moment.
old is over 90. i have 80+ friends who hike better than me!!
Originally Posted by banjocurl
As always, you're such an inspiration!
http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

I agree with you,however I plan on living to at least 100,so I am not quite middle-aged yet
"what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
-Mother Theresa
middle-age is a state of mind. if you feel middle-aged, you will be middle-aged. at 42, i still feel like the Defiant One.
when all else fails...eat
[COLOR="Purple"]
Middle aged is halfway between when you get yer period and the age of the oldest living person your close with.

I am EXACTLY middle aged. For the record, no one seems to have told me yet...
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
Hmmm. I think I heard it defined once as 35 to 59, but the key is that it's all a state of mind! I'm smack in the middle of it, so let's call it the ''Prime of Life"!!
3b at crown to 3a at nape
cleanse: Now trying Kiss-My-Face
co-wash: Suave Coconut or Jessicurl
style: Jessicurl RR and CC; HE Totally Twisted gel
I'm 38. I consider myself Middle Aged, although it seems many would disagree.

I just look at the math. If the average life expectancy is 76, then I'm in the middle. I don't think that being in the middle is a bad thing, and don't look at Middle Aged as a bad group to be in.

So, what is Middle Aged to you?
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
I think of middle aged as the point when you're past just being "an adult." Definitely past child-rearing age (for women). I think it's childhood/teens/young adult/adult/middle aged/old. To me it's more attitude/personality than years. But if you wanted to get technical, I'd think it would be midway between adult and death, so if you figure adult (vs. young adult) starts at maybe 30, that'd put middle age at 53. That may be a bit high, so if you look at it as far as from becoming an adult at all, 21+(76-21)/2 = 48.5. So I'd say middle age in that sense is late 40's to early 50's. But it still depends on the person and their personality.... Midlife crises and middle age aren't necessarily at the same time...
The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
-Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!

Trending Topics