Signs of aging that sort of appear overnight

Has anyone else experienced this? Does it happen this way for most people? I feel like I've aged a lot in the last few months....no one's totally objective when it comes to looking at themselves, but it seems like instead of slight gradual aging, now I've got more gray, deeper lines, and less skin and muscle tone. GRRR . I'll be 44 in a couple months...I'm not ready to look old!
I feel the same way. Up through my late thirties, I could pass for much younger than my actual age. Sure there were some fine lines around my eyes but that was about it.

I swear, my cheek pads slipped overnight. You know, the fat pads that make your facial cheeks all round? Well, they don't resist gravity forever and they move down. Mine must have fallen a good inch and now I have these really strong lines from my nostrils to the edges of my mouth and it makes it look like I'm frowning all the time. (I probably am frowning a lot of the time but that's another story)

My skin looks old too. It feels like I got hit in the face with 10 years all at once!
formerly Castella
(my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
I don't know about overnight...... But I do have some crow's feet that appeared pretty darn quick! It's like, one summer in my mid 30's, I tanned a lot (stupid, stupid), and started to see the faintest hint of... something....

Before I knew it, BOOM, deeper, and there all the time!

(I tell myself they make me look experienced, and wise, and maybe a little kindly......)

Wurly and proud!
Modified CG since 2008.
Has anyone else experienced this? Does it happen this way for most people? I feel like I've aged a lot in the last few months....no one's totally objective when it comes to looking at themselves, but it seems like instead of slight gradual aging, now I've got more gray, deeper lines, and less skin and muscle tone. GRRR . I'll be 44 in a couple months...I'm not ready to look old!
Originally Posted by guinness
Every morning there seems to be more of the little b*ggers.
Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
I've noticed a difference in the way I look in the mornings. I can see myself aging...I look older than I used to since I hit 40. I used to wake up looking fresh. Now...not so much. That's the only time I really see it though. After a bit of grooming, I look a lot better.

I have noticed that as I age, I need more and more maintenance...gotta dye the gray hair of course, but that's getting more often because the temples are now gray. And, now I have to dye the gray eyebrows. I have to do more exfoliation to look fresh too...I can't skimp on my skincare when I'm tired, or I see the difference. I'm 46.
%%%

Last edited by lazy loops; 09-19-2010 at 03:49 PM.
For me, it seemed that my jawline softened and sagged all of a sudden.....along with the lines between my nose and mouth. One morning, I looked into the mirror and there they were! EEK!! (I am 42)

And fat on my back....where did that come from? I never had extra weight on my back or around my waist. (Now my hips and thighs always enjoyed a bit of extra insulation)

(sigh) Now, I hope like my mother, I go through a period of weight shift then I will get slim again.
Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
CG since '08.

Cleanser: (Summer) Beautiful Curls Nurturing shampoo or Kathymack's soap bars
Co-wash: TJ Nourish
Protein: CJ Repair Me
Styling products: (Summer) BB Styling Mudd
Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.
My butt fell. I'm going to start some serious exercising.
AKA lotsawaves
AKA new2curls
-Soft jawline and little pooch under chin
- lines running down from nose
- tummy and midsection
-Chest skin is more crinkly; have to watch out for sun
- Melasma on face
- Inside corner of my eyes is darker and dingy. Concealer is my BFF
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.

Last edited by Suburbanbushbabe; 08-22-2008 at 11:14 PM.
And fat on my back....where did that come from? I never had extra weight on my back or around my waist. (Now my hips and thighs always enjoyed a bit of extra insulation)
Originally Posted by pigreyhound
Yeah I forgot about that too. It's like my body is rearranging itself, and not in a good way. Although I don't have a lot of extra body fat, I noticed in a dressing room the other day that I have that back of the arm dimply look -- cellulite back there??

RCW, I think that's my problem, I've gotten away with being extremely, slovenly lazy in my beauty routine. I'm not even sure where to start now

I did get a Clarisonic, but oddly my skin seems worse not better after using it a few months....
Everything seemed to sag, bag, stretch, get lumpy, and fall in a span of about 8 minutes. Really. Looked good at 2 pm, looked like crap at 2:08. I blamed my boss. : )

Really tho, it does seem to happen fast. And I'm amazed at how quickly I adjusted and just said "F*** it. That's how I'm supposed to look and that's that."
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
I got elephant knees overnight.
formerly Castella
(my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
Fat middle!

I think I just couldn't see the expansion since my big boobs were in the way; now that I've gotten a reduction, I can't believe how big I've gotten.

Any minute now, I'll hold it and chuckle; that's how much my mid-section makes me resemble Santa.
Speckla
I've aged a lot in the last two years. I have lines from my nose to mouth. I have sun damage on my face that is really starting to show up. I don't have the pump cheeks and dewy skin that I had a few years ago. Oh well, we age but life still goes on.
At first I was gonna say no, but someone elses post prompted me to remember....

I went thru a mini- moment last year, when people stopped being surprised when they found out my age. I used to always get that shock, then disbelief. Then at 45, it kinda stopped.

Oh well, like my Mom says, youth is wasted on the young.
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
My defining moment was when I was waiting in line to go to the women's room in a tavern and there was a younger woman in front of me. She went in the stall, and the woman who was standing behind me said, "is that your daughter"????

Gaaaa....
CG start date: Aug 25
3a/b corkscrew curls
I went thru a mini- moment last year, when people stopped being surprised when they found out my age. I used to always get that shock, then disbelief. Then at 45, it kinda stopped.
Originally Posted by rudeechick
This has been my EXACT experience in the last two years. Until then, people thought I was at least 10 years younger than I was and would look shocked to hear my real age.

I guess I'm lucky I escaped as long as I did (I'm 54), but it feels sudden. The lines from nose to mouth, the two deep grooves between my eyebrows that make me look angry, the sagging eyelids just starting, some soft pooches on my jawline, the crepey neck . . .

Crap. It feels like it was OVERNIGHT.

Hee hee -- I still look in the mirror and feel surprised. Who is that??? Mom? Why I laugh?
"Tell me, are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

"Honey Badger don't care!"
I really noticed a difference in the past year which feels like overnight. My skin is a wreck (I am blaming hormones!), I cannot lose freaking 10 lbs for the life of me, graying hair-not so much an issue but that runs in the family but I do finally have a couple, and my waistline moved outta town - I am square shaped now - lovely. I am 47. When I turned 40 I thought - this isn't so bad - then 46 came along and took that thought right out of my head!
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
I'm right with you, xcptnl, with the skin issues and the belly. I didn't have acne as a teen - it showed up when my hormones went wacky in my early forties. I never had much of a belly either, until this past year or so. I'm 46 now. I guess the old metabolism is slowing down.... Drat.
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

The skin changes-definitely.
Oh,and yeah-the age thing.
I look my age now ,where I looked a good 5-10 yrs younger just a couple years ago
"what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
-Mother Theresa

Trending Topics