Hair changing at 40

I'm not quite there yet but I will be 40 in a few days. I have noticed not only has my hair been going grey over the past 10 years but in the past year it is just yucky. I have type 2c hair, wavy, full and very coarse. It is very dull right now and I have to dye it and have it cut about every 4 weeks so that I don't look like someone's grandma. I also can't afford the upkeep. Are their suggestions out there on shampoo and styling aids and hair dye that you can get in the supermarket or at a discount store that won't break my budget.
Thanks for the help
It's really hard to say what's going on, but I would definitely read the hair board for advice. There is so much information there and you will probably come across some posts that apply to your situation. That's pretty much how I improved my hair. Good luck to you and let us know if you're hair improves.
I have 3A hair. I've discovered Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner and I'm thrilled! Long-time LA Looks sport gel user.
i've been using henna to cover my grey. if i didn't, my temple hair would be white! i might be close to half gray all over, but the henna gives me nice auburn streaks. i find henna to infinitely less expensive and damaging than hair dyes and tremendously beneficial to the overall health of my hair.
when all else fails...eat
[COLOR="Purple"]
I get foils to blend in the white. I get highlights and lowlights about once every 3-4 months. I find it isn't as noticeable as the white stripe that comes in the hairline from all over dye. Since it's only once every 3-4 months, it's much cheaper for me.

Conditioner and styling products I use are in my siggie.
Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
It is very dull right now and I have to dye it and have it cut about every 4 weeks so that I don't look like someone's grandma. I also can't afford the upkeep. Are their suggestions out there on shampoo and styling aids and hair dye that you can get in the supermarket or at a discount store that won't break my budget.
Thanks for the help
Originally Posted by scrapjen
are you doing CG at all? quit the shampoo. i use suave naturals for co wash and garnier fructis regular co for leavein. robert craig has great hair dye that is non toxic but it only deposits color, so if you are lightening it will not work. you can get it at www.robertcraig.com the rest are cheap at supermarket. post pictures and describe your present hair routine so we can help more. i get a hair cut every 10-12 months and my hair is better than ever with the cg routine-i've got a few years on you too...
banjo
Susan suburban NY
3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
CG since 11/11/04
http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
PW: banjo
HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls

Trending Topics