Stiff joints and joints that pop and crack - menopause question

Speckla
Anyone notice joint pain and joints that pop and crack shortly after menopause?

I've been taking glucosamine chondroitin with MSM. I am noticing the stiffness and pain are going away. I'm just curious if this is part of menopause symptoms.
I took that stuff for 6 months & it didn't do a thing for me. You're one of the lucky ones it works for then. :GREEN:
I'm 46 and have had popping, creaking knees for 4 years now. They make a real racket as I go down steps - fortunately they don't hurt. I'm still in peri-menopause (I think, I had a vag hyst. at age 37, but ovaries were left). I think the noisy joints are more a sign of age than a menopausal symptom. Men get them, too.
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

Hope not. Otherwise, I've been menopausal since I was in elementary school . seriously I've not heard that one....
My son wears combat boots (and a parachute).
The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

Speckla
I'm 33 and had my hysterectomy less than two years ago and have recently been experiencing joint pain and such. It's gotten much better with the glucosamine. I'm not old enough for the aches and pains yet and wondered if it was related to hormones or menopause.
I read a study from Japan that found that over 80% of the women in the study had joint pain. The most frequent site was neck/shoulder pain but knee pain was mentioned. I can't post the original study because I accessed it from a college data base but you might be able to find it online if you really want to find it.
C
Speckla
I've noticed almost total relief since starting to take Flexamin. I was just curious if this is an onset of menopause because I'm only 33 so it isn't old age setting in yet. I've never had this problem before. Thanks for all the replies and I'll search for the study.
Hey Speckla - has the Flexamin helped with the creaking noise or just with the pain/achiness? My knees don't hurt, but they sure are loud - it's embarassing, really....
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

Speckla
Hey Speckla - has the Flexamin helped with the creaking noise or just with the pain/achiness? My knees don't hurt, but they sure are loud - it's embarassing, really....
Originally Posted by 2poodles
It has helped with both. My knees, elbows, and ankles were popping very loudly just if I moved them slightly and now they're not.
My knees have been noisy for years - sometimes they creek and sometime they pop.
I am still not menopausal.
I'll sound like a bowl of rice krispies if they get noiser after menopause!
2c/3b ii CG since 27.08.08
Using:
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose or Trader Joe's Nourish condish; Kiss My Face Upper Management Styling gel
Drying: with microfibre waffle weave dish towels from Walmart and a diffuser when I feel like it
Contemplating: trying a curl cream

Trending Topics