Botox For the Jowls & Neck....

As most of you probably remember, I had a full facelift, eyes, & necklift done about 2 years ago. I was sooooo disappointed. The stupid doctor mainly just lifted my cheekbones, which were naturally high anyway, plus this was something we never discussed & I would have said no. I now have smaller, rounder eyes & hollows under them & there is no difference in the lower half of my face. I was out $20K on this surgery! I complained a couple of times with no avail, so I just gave up & was depressed.

I read in More magazine about this new Botox procedure & I'm thinking of trying it. I know it only lasts 4 to 6 months, but if I like the results, then I may go to another surgeon to have my lower face lifted.
AKA lotsawaves
AKA new2curls
As most of you probably remember, I had a full facelift, eyes, & necklift done about 2 years ago. I was sooooo disappointed. The stupid doctor mainly just lifted my cheekbones, which were naturally high anyway, plus this was something we never discussed & I would have said no. I now have smaller, rounder eyes & hollows under them & there is no difference in the lower half of my face. I was out $20K on this surgery! I complained a couple of times with no avail, so I just gave up & was depressed.

I read in More magazine about this new Botox procedure & I'm thinking of trying it. I know it only lasts 4 to 6 months, but if I like the results, then I may go to another surgeon to have my lower face lifted.
Originally Posted by g-stringranny

It's just one doctor who is advancing this theory for botox in the jawline area. He's only tried it on 130 patients, and apparently the effects are more permanent than when used in the forehead area, and also less predictable. It sounds promising, but I'd like to see a few more thousand people have it before I'd go for it. I tend not to like to be the guinea pig:

The 'Nefertiti lift': a new technique for specific re-contouring of the jawline.

Levy PM.
Faculté de Médecine et Pharmacologie de Besançon, Besançon, France. philliplevy@bluewin.ch
Botulinum toxin type A (BoNTA) is now used extensively for rejuvenation of the forehead, glabellar and periocular regions and there is increasing focus on treatment of the lower face. Although there is well-documented evidence for the efficacy of botulinum toxin in the correction of platysmal bands, little work has been done to explore its potential role in rejuvenation of the jawline. To date, effects in this area have been reported as a consequence of platysmal banding treatment and are inconsistent. Hesitancy to explore treatment may be due to evidence of a greater, more durable response to the toxin in the lower facial muscles as well as reports of increased potential migration and subsequent side effects. This paper describes a new technique using BoNTA (Vistabel); Allergan, Irvine, CA, USA) to drape the skin of the jawline contour and provide the visual effect of a 'mini lift'. Experience with 130 patients with doses of BoNTA up to 20 U is described. Patient satisfaction is extremely high and the specificity of dosing and technique has led to a low incidence of adverse effects. The 'Nefertiti lift' is a minimally invasive, effective and acceptable alternative for those patients seeking an effective way to push back surgery.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18236245
Thanks for the info RCW! You're always there when I need you.
AKA lotsawaves
AKA new2curls

Trending Topics