So,how old are we here?

53 this past July. Mentally, not even 40.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
Quote:
Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
I turned 41 this last Saturday. It was great! Best birthday ever! And I LOVE birthdays!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
i will be 39 in may . i feel alot older

national anthem for self-pity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zawR7VYNdNg
They recently had a 'senior's' day in my area. I innocently asked what a Senior was - sometimes it's 55, others 60, and still others 65. When she said 60 I said I would like the discourt. She asked for my id.............................she is now my very, very best friend
between Botticelli & Corkscrew curly-very thick, coarse hair
http://public.fotki.com/notty6

When I get to be 'Queen of the World', I will absolish WIND!!!
I'm 48 but am in better shape than I've ever been, so I feel like I'm in my twenties. The mirror reminds me I'm not.
KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
I'm 46 and have always liked my wavy/curly hair. Wish that I had known how to care for it 20 years ago! But maybe now it will continue to look good. Going CG has definitely helped.
2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
COs: Yes to Cucumbers
Stylers: Krystal Ecostyler, KCCC,

Unique and Useful gifts & accessories
www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com and www.EweniqueEssentials.etsy.com
i am 35. but sometimes i feel a lot older...i need to laugh and to have more fun...
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
Turned 50 in Oct. and never felt better
Originally Posted by big hair
ditto big hair - what day in Oct. did you turn the big 5-0? I'm actually really liking it so far. I think I look about 10-12 years younger than I really am. Course that could just be my poor eyesight playing tricks on me!

ETA: oops, just realized your post was 3/06 - must be a senior moment!!!!
The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)

Last edited by VTmom; 01-20-2008 at 08:55 AM.
I'll be 42 in March.

I went to a friend's 40th birthday party in December, and she was dancing like a maniac to this band as we were leaving. She pulled me aside and said she felt like an 18 year old trapped in a 40 year old's body, and wondered how it had happened to her. I don't feel that way at all. In some ways, I've always been a 40 year old in a whatever-age body. I'm very comfortable where I am right now.
I am 40 yrs, 3 months, and 13 days old.
I'm not sure how young I feel, because while I feel physically in my 20s the 'wisdom' of the years makes me feel older.
There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
I work with someone who dresses like her mother, has very out-of-style hair and glasses. Nobody can believe she's actually younger than I am. I've known her since she was in her late 20s and she's always been an old lady.
Originally Posted by SuZen
I caught up with an old friend in the fall..She's either a year younger or the same age and she's been old since she got married. I saw her pic on her website and thought, NO! That's not Karen. Um, yeah, it is. So I had my sisters check it out and asked what they thought...she colors her hair too dark, very "old" hairstyle...and I've got curls down my back

48 and will turn 49 in March. I'm not sure how that happened. I do know that I am WAY too young to have a son turning 22 next week. I went into the Army recruiter's office a few weeks ago (my oldest enlisted in May so I drop by there and leave cookies and candy sometimes). Anyway, his recruiter was wanting to know how old I was...took me a minute and told him sorry, I'm too old to enlist (although I wouldn't mind having the body of a recent boot camp grad)..he did a doubletake and said really? Made me feel wonderful.

And yeah, some days I feel a hundred and others I feel like I am 25 and wonder who that older than 25 woman in the mirror is...but no wrinkles yet!

ETA: Anyone remember what their mom was like when they were your age? I do as I was trying to plan a wedding and she was going through menopause! OTOH, when I was having my last child at 40, she was already a grandmother 2 yrs. I have learned not to ask her when I should go shorter on my hair...she thought I needed to around 40...and i look dreadful with short hair. I had it cut short after a stroke and she told me that no, I should wear it longer after all So I figure I'll never cut it short, I'll wear it up when I get too old...whenever that is...could be never according to some long curlies on here.
My son wears combat boots (and a parachute).
The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

Last edited by susancnw; 01-21-2008 at 09:40 PM. Reason: adding question
39. 40 in November.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
Location - WI
Susancnw, I constantly have the image in my head of my mom at my age. We're so different, yet so alike. By calculation, I was 17, but that doesn't seem right. She's been the same since late 20-ish. Same hair cut only varying amounts of grey, same look, same body for the most part, no matter what she did. Life was tougher for her than for me. It made her stubborn and resilient, but also older.
There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
39, Will be 40 Sept.1st. Can't wait!!!
Thick, coarse 3C hair
BC Feb 2009/ relaxer free since 06/08
Second time around!

http://public.fotki.com/legette68
I will be 50 on July 21st. I have to say that I'm in way better shape now than when I was much younger. I work out regularly and eat pretty well(no fast food). I think the only time I feel older is during my perimenopause part of my cycle, when I listen to my teenage daughter and her friends talking and when I look to closely at all my wrinkles.
38, will be 39 in March.
2b/3a.
i am 35. but sometimes i feel a lot older...i need to laugh and to have more fun...
Originally Posted by Windflower

Watcha doin' on our board Youngin'?! J/K! We welcome the 30-somethings too. Esp when we feel like our 20s!

Wow, this is an old thread. Therefore, I am now 44 1/2! Ack! I'll be 45 in 6 months. Don't look it, don't feel it!

SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring"
3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
* pw: just4curlies
* My Motto: Strand Test!
some hair pics
-- gone, but never forgotten.

Last edited by CurliLocks; 01-24-2008 at 05:36 PM.
I'll be 40 in March,looking forward to it!
3B-3C, alittle past tailbone length,age:41 years
41 .... I refuse to do the half thing ... I'm 41 until I turn 42 !!!
Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!

Trending Topics