The List.....

A woman once asked me if I had made my list yet. I asked her what list. She said the list everyone 40 and over should make. She explained that as you get older you realize you aren't going to live forever and there are things people tend to put off doing. Even if they really want to do them. Life sometimes gets in the way. She said she had 20 things on her list to accomplish before she died. She had marked several off and was now at 7. Sky diving. She was 50 at the time and I was amazed she was going to do this. She said to imagine you were told you only had 1 year to live. How would you live that year? What would you regret not doing if you were to die today. Here is my list, so far. I'm sure I will be adding to it. In no particular order.....

1. Buy a house on my own. Preferably have one built. *
2. Own a new car and have it paid for. *
3. Have my house paid for.
4. Have a facelift.
5. Travel the world.
6. Own my own business.
7. Go white water rafting.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
I refuse to make a "list" like that :P
All I want is to see my sons grown into wonderful,happy men!
"what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
-Mother Theresa
I refuse to make a "list" like that :P
All I want is to see my sons grown into wonderful,happy men!
Originally Posted by Mar
Oh come on! It's time to start thinking about yourself. Make a list, darn it!
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
I've had my "top ten things to do before I die" list for probably 20 years. I haven't looked at it for awhile but I know 2 things are -
Ride a draft horse.
Have sushi in Japan.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
I don't have a list either. I think if you have a list and stress over the things you "haven't done" you miss out on really enjoying the things you are doing.

Btw, I have done some pretty adventerous things over the years and had fun, but the one thing I had a bad experience at (scared the daylights out of me) was white water rafting... good luck Lotsawaves!
3b/c
I've never stressed over my list. It's not a "top ten things I HAVE to do before I die". It's just things I would like to do at some point. If I don't do any of them, it's no big deal. Just fun to dream about. We old fogies do not need more things to stress over!
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
I don't have a list either. I think if you have a list and stress over the things you "haven't done" you miss out on really enjoying the things you are doing.

Btw, I have done some pretty adventerous things over the years and had fun, but the one thing I had a bad experience at (scared the daylights out of me) was white water rafting... good luck Lotsawaves!
Originally Posted by munchkin
I agree. I think I would start feeling pressure to accomplish the things on a list and it would turn into a competition with myself which would be no fun at all.

I prefer a gentler way of thinking--I have my "dreams" instead of a list!
I have 3A hair. I've discovered Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner and I'm thrilled! Long-time LA Looks sport gel user.
I've only ever had one thing I HAD to do before I die and that was see Paris. I've been there twice now and I love it.
I made my list when I was about 18 years old. And I made a point to do the things on my list BEFORE I got old.

And that was to live and work overseas. (This includes many of the things I wanted to do.)

I have an inner peace from knowing that if I die tomorrow I have done what I set out to do. No regrets whatsoever. Some trade-offs but no regrets!

Which would be my answer to the other thread "What have you learned" And the answer is "YOU CAN'T HAVE IT ALL"

Trending Topics