He's Just Not That Into Me....:(

I recently reunited with an old bf. We had been together for 3 years with him telling me he would never remarry. We had a great time together and did a lot. He was very good to me. After my Dad passed away, I broke up with him. I told him I wanted to be with someone who would commit to me. We had been split up for 2 years even tho' we would keep in touch thru emails and would send each other Christmas cards, etc. We parted as friends. Well, he recently called me and we ended up back together. He came over Sunday night and at that time told me that he really cared about me, but I was not Miss Right. He then said he still wanted to continue seeing me becuz he missed my companionship. After a little probing he confessed that he had been seeing someone else while we were broke up and they had recently split up. He said he had wanted to get serious with her, but she had felt their schedules prevented them from spending enough time together. This is the kicker here....She is 40, has a 5 yr old daughter, has been married 2xs already and is in a custody battle right now. Talk about baggage!! I feel very old and washed up right now. It seems like men just prefer younger women regardless of their baggage.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
I certainly understand why you are discouraged. Don't spend any more time with him, you might get your heart more involved if you do.

I don't know how guys are age get these women who are so much younger anyway. Who wants an old guy when you are in your 30's or 40's?? I'm close to 53 and the idea of dating someone 60 turns me off!

I don't have any real advice, but you seem to be a very nice person and I sure hope you find someone you care about and who cares about you soon.
lotsa Sorry that you're feeling blue.
Just remember, when someone says "You're just not Ms/Miss/Mr Right" that only means you're not right for THEM. It doesn't mean you're not right for the other millions of people in the world. Never give up on yourself.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
lotsa Sorry that you're feeling blue.
Just remember, when someone says "You're just not Ms/Miss/Mr Right" that only means you're not right for THEM. It doesn't mean you're not right for the other millions of people in the world. Never give up on yourself.
Originally Posted by jeepcurlygurl
Exactly.
Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
Thanks everyone. It really helps to hear some encouraging words. I'm going thru a lot of different emotions right now, but I'll be alright. I'm definitely not going to see him again. I emailed him and told him this. I feel like I was so stupid for 3 years. It just goes to show that being older doesn't always make you wiser. I'll be in a little slump for awhile, but I'll emerge much stronger. I hope...
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
Dump his sorry butt. He has the "hero" syndrome and believes he will be able to save his love from all her woes. Be happy you don't need his rescuing and that you are fine on your own.
Accountessa, I have dumped him. He kept calling me yesterday. He doesn't seem to understand why we can't still see each other. I think he's depressed because she dumped him and he is now coming to me so he can feel better. He's being very selfish. I have no desire to ever be with him again. He told me last night that she was very vocal in bed and it made him feel good about himself. He also said he sent her flowers on Valentine's Day and she cried becuz no one had ever done that b4. What an idiot. I can't believe I spent 3 years with him.
From Michael Berg:

Lotsawaves - you go girl! Stick to your guns. He is being selfish and he is an idiot. I agree with Accountessa when she said he wants to be the rescuer to a damsel in distress. I have heard Dr. Laura tell men that when they do that what they get is a distressed damsel.

As far as the time you spent with him, don't dwell on it, (not that you said you were), it was learning experieince and it will make you better for the right guy. I speak from experieince on that.
Accountessa, I have dumped him. He kept calling me yesterday. He doesn't seem to understand why we can't still see each other. I think he's depressed because she dumped him and he is now coming to me so he can feel better. He's being very selfish. I have no desire to ever be with him again. He told me last night that she was very vocal in bed and it made him feel good about himself. He also said he sent her flowers on Valentine's Day and she cried becuz no one had ever done that b4. What an idiot. I can't believe I spent 3 years with him.
Originally Posted by Lotsawaves
waves-
you don't need to be his unpaid therapist either. he still wants you to take care of him after he dissed you. men. my husband is 70 but he treats me GREAT. i was treated like crap by a number of guys before i met him. a guy should be willing to swim through shark infested waters for the privilege of holding your hand. keep taking good care of yourself and maintain your dignity and self worth. If a guy is worthy he will notice the great person you are and value you. if not, you're better off alone and hanging with your friends and family, and having adventures.
banjo (part of the curly support team)
Susan suburban NY
3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
CG since 11/11/04
http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
PW: banjo
HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls
You curlies are great! I'm feeling better tonight. He hasn't called and that helps. I have caller ID so I don't plan to answer if he does. My grandson is in the hospital tonight and my mind is more on him. He's been there all day and they are running alot of tests, but still don't know what is wrong. He was doubled over in pain. They're looking at his appendicts and his intestines. He's only 2.
From Michael Berg:

The Dr's aren't finding a problem with his appendicts or intestines thru their testing. They have given him 2 enemas so far and still need to give him more. They think he may have come down with a bug and instead of having diahrea, he became very constipated. He won't eat or drink so they are leaving him on an IV.
From Michael Berg:

I was on my way home from work and the SOB called me on my cell phone. He just chit chatted about having his yard redone. I told him I was excited because I'm going out on St Paddy's Day with 3 new gf's. I don't understand what he wants from me. There's no way I will ever go out with him again.
From Michael Berg:

Glad to hear that it doesn't sound like anything serious with your grandson.

AS for the guy, honestly, you probably should have just told him you don't want to talk to him anymore and then hung up before he could convince you otherwise. I know it's really really hard to do though.
Glad to hear that it doesn't sound like anything serious with your grandson.

AS for the guy, honestly, you probably should have just told him you don't want to talk to him anymore and then hung up before he could convince you otherwise. I know it's really really hard to do though.
Originally Posted by sdcurly
My grandson is home now. The hospital brought in 2 other children who were in quarantine and my SIL was worried about him catching something there. He is on a laxative and they are trying to get him to eat and drink. I'm going over there after work tmrw to spend the whole weekend. I went to the store after work and bought him some toys.

As for the jerk....I really have no interest in him anymore. I think I just want to string him along and get a little revenge. I know it's wrong, but I can't help it. I will definitely not be seeing him again.
From Michael Berg:

OMG! He just called me again tonight. I made him feel like a real idiot. I know he has a big ego and I got to it tonight. He definitely knows I'm no longer interested in him. I feel like I got closure tonight.
From Michael Berg:

First of all, have fun spoiling your grandson rotten this weekend.

I feel like I got closure tonight.
That's great, if you don't talk to him ever again it will be a perfect memory.

Trending Topics