bare minerals help....

I am looking into buying the BE for the first time and am wondering if I should buy the kit on line for the two payments of $29.99 (ends up costing $70 and joining "the club.") I always fear I am missing something and don't want to be screwed $$wise.... is the "special tv offer" worth it?
in humidity hell south Florida or high and dry Colorado
CG since 2005
2a, 2b, 3b - fine hair, low density - low/normal porosity
washing: cj curl assurance gentle cleansing, cj daily fix
conditioning: cj smoothing, cj strengthening, giovanni 50/50 balance, darcy's pumpkin seed, kinky curly knot today
styling: homemade fsg, kinky curly curling custard, cj pattern pusha, botanical spirits magic curls puree
pt: cj curl fix, cj repair me
avoid: humectants, polyquats
Good Lord, $70?? I wouldn't think so if it was me. I think Sephora or Ulta carry that brand. (Can't remember which.) If you live anywhere near them I think it would be more cost effective to go in and take a look at the products and only buy the items you want or need from there.

If you're not married to the idea of that brand in particular, there are also lots of other smaller mineral companies online whose products are more inexpensive and that are just as good, if not higher quality - and have more extensive shade ranges. Meow, Lumiere, Aromaleigh, and Dreamworld come to mind that I've tried, though there are others, too. And they all usually offer small, relatively cheap samples to actually try a few times IRL, something I think is always a plus.
Hi there I got mine on Ebay and I bought a few small sample sizes because I wasn't sure of the shade I wanted. You can also but BE but in smaller sizes again on E bay beats paying that ridiculous price.
Maisiemugwump 3A

Mod CG

Low Poo Skin shop Dry Scalp shampoo and conditioner ..

Leave in Anita Grant Whipped Butter
Styling Boots Curl Creme, AVG ,CK Anita Grant Cafe Latte .

Wanting to try EVERYTHING lol ok Donna Marie Honey and Aloe Gel, KCCC, KCKT KBB leave in conditioner

Occasionally using Rhassoul Clay
Ulta has the kits for a lot less and you don't have to join any club. These kits are the same ones as seen on TV so there's nothing to lose. I still get the kits at Ulta because it's like getting free brushes and travel sizes of my colors.
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Thanks for the replies.

I love the idea of trying samples, but I hate paying for shipping to try samples. I looked through Meow a while back and there were so many choices.... it was overwhelming what to try.

Maybe I'll look into Ulta...
in humidity hell south Florida or high and dry Colorado
CG since 2005
2a, 2b, 3b - fine hair, low density - low/normal porosity
washing: cj curl assurance gentle cleansing, cj daily fix
conditioning: cj smoothing, cj strengthening, giovanni 50/50 balance, darcy's pumpkin seed, kinky curly knot today
styling: homemade fsg, kinky curly curling custard, cj pattern pusha, botanical spirits magic curls puree
pt: cj curl fix, cj repair me
avoid: humectants, polyquats
Thanks for the replies.

I love the idea of trying samples, but I hate paying for shipping to try samples. I looked through Meow a while back and there were so many choices.... it was overwhelming what to try.

Maybe I'll look into Ulta...
Originally Posted by frxncrls
I was also overwhelmed with Meow!! I started this thread on Perfect Pigment this works for me

Perfect Pigment Mineral Makeup
The kit doesnt always come with the shades that are best for you. When I started with BE I bought the kit, but returned it in favor of buying a la carte. That way you can get what works for you coloring.

If you can buy it in person you are better off.
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
I bought the kit the 1st time, but there were some products I didn't need. I now go to the store which is at a mall near me. They will even do your makeup so you know you are getting the right shade. I don't like the eyeshadows. I just get the foundation & the Clear Radiance. I have some Warmth, but I can only use a very small amount. I don't think it comes in a lighter shade. This stuff will probably last me forever. The Clear Radiance is my favorite.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
You might also check out Eyes Lips Face...a lot less expensive. I've compared ingredient lists also and it appears to be very similar...and Ulta can be a place to play and check the others out. Don't be afraid to take advantage of their experience and knowledge. that is what they are there for.
My son wears combat boots (and a parachute).
The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

Hello!

You may wanna google Everyday Minerals. Free samples (just pay shipping of appx $3) and a great color range (Asian to Caucasian to Af. American). Their forum is rockin' with application tips, finding your right shade, and mixing and matching.

Also, their samples are big and EM products don't have the bismuth oxychloride (cheap filler ingredient) that can irritate skin. HTH.
When I first bought bare minerals several years ago I bought my kit from Ulta in my face coloring. You might want to look at Ulta, Sephora and Bare Escentuals store because they all carry the starter kit but each one is just a little bit different. I have been using BE for years and love it. You can either by eye colors individually or in kits.
2C/3Amiii
My Hair Pics
Currently Using:
CV Bars: Chocolate Almond
ACV Rinses every few days
KCCC, KCKT, LOOB and TW

Trending Topics