*groan* partying isn't what it used to be...

last night one of "my kids" (the auditors i used to work with) hosted a party along with his wife at their new house. another one of the kids took me along as his "date" to surprize everyone.

which they were!

along with a serious case of house envy (they bought the model home in the new subdivision they live in so everything is upgraded), i have a bit of a headache.

the moral of the story is that i forgot i shouldn't let other people pour drinks for me at a house party!

that might've been okay 20 years ago, but it sure catches up to you fast at this age!

My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
DO YOU HAVE A HEADACHE?! oops sorry for shouting

I know exactly what you're talking about. And I'm going to hubby's work party tonight.

after a pot of tea, i'm feeling much better.

a co-worker is having an open house this evening and i'm going to drop by for a little while - and i think i'll just have coffee!

try to enjoy tonight, ms loops!
My blog:

I use to go to happy hour every night after work. Not anymore. I need to be in bed by 10 & sober. The few weekends that I party it takes a whole day to recover. I'm recovering today.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
Banned
Did you have red wine?
Speckla
Did you have red wine?
Originally Posted by WileECoyote - Daddy's grl
You want some cheese to go with that whine?
LOL to all of you who are relating (that includes me, btw!)

We had our turn; how happy am I not to still be there (tho it was great at the time.....)
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
Speckla
I'm saving up for the wild parties I'll be throwing in the nursing home. I'll be wearing tassled pasties to my knees and Depends thongs!
i had red wine, white wine, beer, about a million shrimp, riblets, chicken wings, cheese, crackers, cheesecake...

went to co-worker's open house and had ONE glass of white wine and escaped after half an hour!

then spoiled the effect by going out to dinner with someone and over-eating again!

My blog:

Banned
yeah, i know... ME actually having fun!!

what a shock!

My blog:

I hear you, Rou! We hosted a party for some friends last night, and were out until 1:30. This morning, my kids keep talkingandtalkingandtalkingandtalkingandtalkingand talking and I really just want them to STOP.
Minneapolis, MN
Oh Lord, do I hear you. Especially this morning. I'm getting way too old to stay out 'til 2am drinking Kahlua Mambos like they're water. Or dessert.
I had several Crown & Coke last night until hubby ran out of it in his flask!

We left the party just after 10, after all the big gifts were won & hubby & his coworker had to Karaoke Sonny & Cher I've Got You Babe.

The guy & his wife bought the perfect wigs, fake nails & a flowered shift/mini dress (whatever it's called) & she put lipstick on her hubby. Hubby already had the mustache. It was freaking hilarious.
^^^pictures????

My blog:

I did get some, but forgot to use my flash on my phone. I wish I would have remembered to bring the actual camera.

The coworker's wife got a 30-sec clip on her phone & will be sending it to me. If it's not already up on You Tube!
ooooh, blackmail!!!!

My blog:

I can't drink like I did in my youth. Nowadays, if I over-indulge in alcohol, I need about 2 days to recover, whereas when I was younger, I was fine after a few hours sleep. I think it's because my liver is old. I just don't metabolize the alcohol like I used to.
The phone I have takes lousy pictures.

I'm hopefully getting the FlipShot this month when we sign back up with Verizon.
I'm usually pretty good when we go out. I know I'll be driving, so I normally just have one beer. My friend's son graduated from college last weekend and they had a party for him this past Saturday night (I was very good and stuck to my one cup of beer). It was soooo much fun watching everyone. First of all, it was at the firehouse where the guest of honor's father is a member. So he made arrangements to use their 15-passenger van to drive all the folks home who had been drinking (he wasn't drinking). They had a couple of drinking games going on...beer pong and this one game where you get a bunch of people to line up on either side of a long table (or tables put together). Each side of the table is a team. The first person starts by drinking beer out of his/her cup. After they drink, they put the cup on the edge of the table with part of it overhanging. Then they try to flip it over and have it land on its end. When they succeed, the next person in the line does the same thing. The side that finishes first wins. It was freaking hilarious. I had a ball and I was just a spectator. They had 3 generations of the host's family playing...you heard me right...3 generations. The grandmother (late 60's maybe?...when I complimented her on her talent at this game, she said she only put a sip in her cup each time), the mother (40's) and all 3 of her children (the graduate and 2 daughters). I think one reason I enjoyed it so much was that I wasn't worried about anyone driving. My son participated and was pretty good at it...hmmm. Anyhoo, I felt fine the next day...my reward for only having one beer.
The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)

Trending Topics