Botox between the eyebrows

Has anybody done this? I don't want it on my forehead or under my eyes, I just want to lessen the furrows that make me look tired or angry. Do you have any experience with this? If I get just two tiny injections there, any idea of the cost?
3c
Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
CoWash: VO5 kiwi
Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor
i had it done along with my upper forehead lines last spring. two tiny injections won't do the trick - you'd probably need 6 to 8 in the area to stop you from doing it.

the place where i get mine done charges about $8.00 (Cdn) per unit of Botox, some places charge upwards of $10.00.

to do that area, you have to furrow your brow and they pinch to keep it like that to target your muscle exactly and then they inject. i hated it because i felt and heard a crunching sensation when they did it, and won't do that area again until it gets worse than it is.

hope this helps!
My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
Thanks, rou.
3c
KurlyKarenLee had Botox done and posted a thread about her experience.
There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
KurlyKarenLee had Botox done and posted a thread about her experience.
Originally Posted by cynaminbear
Thank you~
3c
I sure hope my experience didn't scare you off! I haven't had the Klingon forehead in a while. Though sometimes when the Botox starts wearing off my eyebrows get stuck in the "up" position.
KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
So was that when you started using Radiesse? I saw you mention it on another thread. Does it really seem to build the collagen back up? How many injections did you get and how frequently?
2C/3A/3B - modified CG - med./fine, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, YTCarrots or Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite, KCCC, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
So was that when you started using Radiesse? I saw you mention it on another thread. Does it really seem to build the collagen back up? How many injections did you get and how frequently?
Originally Posted by auntnett

I just started using Radiesse last week. I didn't notice a big difference with the Restylane, but I could still feel it under the skin even after a year. My doctor said that, since the Restylane lasted over a year (6-9 mo. is the norm), I might only need Radiesse every couple of years. I LOVE Radiesse.

She filled in my marionette lines a little more, filled in the forehead wrinkles close to my eyebrows (that she wouldn't touch with Botox), filled in the circles under my eyes, and gave me a little brow lift. All for $600.00. I'm not sure how many injections that took.

ETA: $600.00 is the cost for one vial. I was expecting for them to have to use 2 vials, but since I had some Restylane left, it didn't take as much.
KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.

Last edited by KurlyKarenLee; 01-27-2009 at 01:41 PM.
I loved it!!! Can't afford the $$$ anymore, so I have some mean looking 11s between my brows. If you can go for it - it's the ONLY thing that will truly get rid of them.
3a, fine, highlighted, BSL. HGs so far: GF C&S leave in (d/c), Aussie Tizz No Frizz gel, honey, ACV, CK. Searching for a leave in curl cream to replace GF.

I just started using Radiesse last week. I didn't notice a big difference with the Restylane, but I could still feel it under the skin even after a year. My doctor said that, since the Restylane lasted over a year (6-9 mo. is the norm), I might only need Radiesse every couple of years. I LOVE Radiesse.

She filled in my marionette lines a little more, filled in the forehead wrinkles close to my eyebrows (that she wouldn't touch with Botox), filled in the circles under my eyes, and gave me a little brow lift. All for $600.00. I'm not sure how many injections that took.

ETA: $600.00 is the cost for one vial. I was expecting for them to have to use 2 vials, but since I had some Restylane left, it didn't take as much.
Originally Posted by KurlyKarenLee
Ooo, that's not bad! I just have one vertical line on one side between my brows and a marionette line on one side that I'd like to fill, so surely one vial would do it. I've been chicken and haven't tried Restylane or any other injections yet, but this sounds promising, especially if it lasts a couple of years - 6-9 months seems to usually be about as long as you hear for most of them.

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, YTCarrots or Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite, KCCC, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
I loved it!!! Can't afford the $$$ anymore, so I have some mean looking 11s between my brows. If you can go for it - it's the ONLY thing that will truly get rid of them.
Originally Posted by tsjmom
Are you talking about Botox, or one of those other fillers mentioned in this thread?

I would have a hard time justifying the expense of these things, but I'm with mandyv -- those vertical frown lines between the brows are awful! I can live with all of my other lines, but those ones just really get me down. They're there all the time for me -- I stopped taking pictures of my hair because I just hated looking at them!

I wonder if it looks funny if you just treat those, and not the horizontal forehead lines up above? I don't mind those as much, and hate the idea of not being able to raise my eyebrows!

Originally Posted by KurlyKarenLee
Ooo, that's not bad! I just have one vertical line on one side between my brows and a marionette line on one side that I'd like to fill, so surely one vial would do it. I've been chicken and haven't tried Restylane or any other injections yet, but this sounds promising, especially if it lasts a couple of years - 6-9 months seems to usually be about as long as you hear for most of them.
I'd better clarify, Radiesse is only supposed to last 12-18 months, but since the Restylane lasted so much longer than it was supposed to on me, my doc thought the Radiesse would, too.

Legal Disclosure: Results may vary.
KurlyKarenLee

Yeah, I caught that but was being optimistic anyway. Even a year would better than I usually hear for other such treatments, even botox

www.fotki.com/auntnett
On the other hand, Botox wears off much faster on me than it does on other people. I usually have to go in every 2 months for a touch up.
KurlyKarenLee

I've got those hideous vertical lines too - so aging. I had botox a few years ago as a migraine treatment (it didn't work), and it made no difference to my furrows, so probably needed lots more in that area to smooth them right out.
Sarah.

Based in the UK. 2-something (2b?) hair. Very porous, fine and brittle/fragile

Hair loves: Drip drying, glycerine, shea butter, oils
Hair hates: Plopping, any kind of gel, most conditioners (scalp issues).
I've had pretty distinct vertical lines for a few years, but it gets worse at night and if I'm out in bright light for some time (say working in the yard during summer). One thing I've found to help that is much cheaper (almost free), no side effects and not evasive is to wear frownies or even a small piece of tape right between my brows to bed. I try to leave it on until I'm ready to leave, and it's made a huge difference- some days I have nothing there. Evidently I scrunch and frown a lot in my sleep, and even the act of lying on the side of my face pushes the brows together forcing the crease.
Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
I've had pretty distinct vertical lines for a few years, but it gets worse at night and if I'm out in bright light for some time (say working in the yard during summer). One thing I've found to help that is much cheaper (almost free), no side effects and not evasive is to wear frownies or even a small piece of tape right between my brows to bed. I try to leave it on until I'm ready to leave, and it's made a huge difference- some days I have nothing there. Evidently I scrunch and frown a lot in my sleep, and even the act of lying on the side of my face pushes the brows together forcing the crease.
Originally Posted by Spider
VERY interesting!!! I'm gonna look up frownies online (I had forgotten about them), because I'm having a little trouble visualizing exactly how/why that would work.... regular tape you say, hmmmm???? Thank you for the tip.
Yes, my lines are largely formed as I sleep too. I tried those Frownies, but was hugely allergic - I woke up in the night really sore and was left with a red triangle on my forehead! I'd love to find an alternative that I'm not allergic to.
Sarah.

Last week, I bought surgical tape at Walmart for less than $3. It's called Nexcare Flexible Clear, and the package looks like scotch tape.

It does seem to help, even if it's temporary.
shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
I think I have some of that. Maybe I'll try it...
Sarah.

Trending Topics