Over 40 makeup musings

For me, it has stayed pretty much the same, with the exception of including a sheer foundation, 1 lipgloss, and 1 lipliner pencil. I never had a lot of makeup, but I do enjoy wearing the little I have, which consists of the following:
5 eyeshadows(I don't wear all of these at once - LOL!)
2 eyeliner pencils(ditto as above)
1 blush
1 lipstick
1 lipliner pencil
and my one bottle of MAC foundation
with the exception of the foundation bottle, this all fits into a little zippered bag...
Its weird, but I wear almost no makeup now-whereas I used to wear tons...

I find mascara and a bit of lip colour is a must but other than that I don't find I look much different or better with tons of makeup on...though I admit I have NO idea how to apply it properly and I swear no matter what I do it disappears in 20 mins! Where does it go?

Maybe I should put more effort in...I own a mascara, a blush, one lipstick and a concealer...
I have a lot of makeup but usually only use 4-5 things. I am obsessed with buying it but don't always use it. And I hate to throw things away. I really need to. I do use a lot more makeup than I used to. In fact 4-5 years ago I used pretty much none. Now, because of rosecea I am using a prescription thing, some moisturizer, a primer, maybe some concealer, then foundation. Yikes! Thank goodness most of the time I don't wear anything (I work from home) but the days I have to go out into the world - it takes a lot longer.
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
I have a large tray too, but the funny thing is I only use about as much as SBB has in her pocket planner. Yet....I don't get rid of the stuff I don't use. I wonder if I'm a hoarder.
Originally Posted by hmkenny
Oh - that's it. See my post above. When I travel I take about as much as SBB has in her case - I am guessing that's all I really need. But I have a plastic tupperware thingy full of stuff.
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
I'm impressed with that Trish M spread. Nice.

I'm somewhere in the middle. I like to play, so I have lots of fun eyeshadows and lip stuff.

However, I need serious face help. The only thing that I can wear is Lancome's dual finish powder. Anything else sinks into my pores and shows up fine little wrinkles that I would not have known about if it weren't for the cursed makeup. I've tried MakeupForEver, Lancome, and a few others. I've tried a brush, sponge, fingers. What's the secret? What all do you use and in what order? Primer? Moisturizer? Do you seal your face with an astringent and hope the pores stay closed? Geez, haven't used that since puberty.

I think I'll have to start a fresh thread - I have issues!

Trending Topics