Do you aim for pretty or prensentable...

I'm posting this from the perspective of a 31-year-old... But I've always been "cute" rather than pretty. Well, now I'm starting to get the face I've earned, instead of the one I was born with. And I'm starting to get closer to pretty.

I hope by the time I'm not mis-posting by posting on this board I can pull of pretty. And maybe by 50 I'll be able to pull off beautiful.

(Translation: ITA with Speckla!)
The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
-Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
... And clothes! Why does it seem like everything is for teenagers, "red hat" ladies, or strippers?
Originally Posted by alacurl
I'm late to this, and you're probably gone, but I must tell you I LOVE this observation! The "red hat lady" part depresses me more than the stripper part. It's like, HELLO, ok, I'm over 40, but that doesn't mean I want to wear a mumu and look like a big shapeless box! Working hard to maintain the figure, ok? Give me some clothes that aren't tents!!!!

ok, rant over. And no disrespect to the Red Hat Ladies. And of course, as we get older, we might want things a little looser. But some of these retailers geared toward "mature" women assume that we all have the same body type. In reality, slightly fitted clothes are often more flattering than the "Maude" outfits.

And yes, I second Ann Taylor.
Originally Posted by wavycurly40+
ITA with the bolded. I'm busty and hippy, and I need clothes that prove I actually do still have a waistline.
shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
I went to the grocery store yesterday & saw a woman in her 60's who looked like a clown. Her makeup was horrible. False eyelashes & lots of blush. It made me sad to look at her. I think she was aiming at pretty, but missed the mark.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
Both Pretty and Presentable!
3B-3C, alittle past tailbone length,age:41 years

Trending Topics