Top 10 reasons its great to be 40!

Am I the only one who loves being in her 40s? My life, in every capacity, has improved since I entered my 40s. Well, maybe not my skin; but everything else!

Lets start a list of whats great about being in yer 40s; I will start:

10. Increased confidence....
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
9. A certain devil-may-care attitude sets in..... (along with a "seen-it-all" sense of humor)
8. Way less drama
Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
OK this is coming from way north of 40(over 60 to be exact) - one is MUCH less impressed with B.S! That alone is worth the price of admission - LOL! Also much less need to chase after men(if one is single that is)that aren't worth the time of day...
Of course 60 counts - its over 39 ain't it??

Keep 'em comin' Ladies!
My Photobucket Album
Let me give it some thought, I've only been 40 for 4 days and still adjusting
Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
Let me give it some thought, I've only been 40 for 4 days and still adjusting
Originally Posted by DEL2C
LOL
My Photobucket Album
#7 I am who I am! I don't care what others think of me...and that relates back to #10!!

Besides, I look in the mirror and think "damn I look good for 43"...and feel better than I did in my 20's!!
CG since 7/08--Eastern PA
3a fine/medium, normal to low porosity, med density
CO wash/Cond: LVPNG, Kenra, TIGI MM
Styling: GDLI, CK and any gel
VISIT MY ETSY SHOP: www.dreambelledesign.etsy.com
fotki pw: hair

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
6. Much more comfortable with my body. So much less critical of myself than when I was younger.
< member since 2006. No idea where 1969 came from.
I'm more willing to try new things without worrying about what other people think. I'm more important to me now, I guess!
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

YESYESYES to # 7, 6 AND 5!!!!

These are all the reasons I wouldnt go back if you PAID me!!!!

More!!!!
My Photobucket Album
I care less and less about what others think. I'm not immune, just a lot more free.
Much less freaking out.
When I was young I would worry so much about my hair, a zit, a cold sore. I would worry about what others thought of me. I would worry about every little thing.
Now I can laugh at most of those things.

At 52 I just smile more easily and laugh a lot more.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**

You know, I don't mind being in my forties...what I mind is how others view being over 40...

I've had a bit of a hard time adjusting simply because I starting having kids at 32 (I'm 42 on Sat.) and have been so busy taking care of them, working etc. that it seems I "rounded the crest" without realizing I was even near the top...(at least I hope my hill is as long as the average)...

Its like I stopped to take a breath when my kids got to school age and then noticed I was no longer at my physical prime....

Whoops, I guess I am supposed to being giving a reason its good to be 40.... how about that I don't have that sense of "what am I supposed to be doing with my life" anymore.... I'm doing it now...

Last edited by Caireann; 03-20-2009 at 10:42 PM. Reason: do I need a reason?
You know, I don't mind being in my forties...what I mind is how others view being over 40...

I've had a bit of a hard time adjusting simply because I starting having kids at 32 (I'm 42 on Sat.) and have been so busy taking care of them, working etc. that it seems I "rounded the crest" without realizing I was even near the top...(at least I hope my hill is as long as the average)...

Its like I stopped to take a breath when my kids got to school age and then noticed I was no longer at my physical prime....

Whoops, I guess I am supposed to being giving a reason its good to be 40.... how about that I don't have that sense of "what am I supposed to be doing with my life" anymore.... I'm doing it now...
Originally Posted by Caireann
I had my first at 33 and my last at 39. IMO I am a better Mother for having waited. Altho, of course, a tired-er one

Trust me, it keeps getting better, cause we keep getting better ON THE INSIDE WHERE IT COUNTS. Do I wish I still had my body from a decade or 2 ago? For sure! But, unless I could go back KNOWING WHAT I KNOW.... NO WAY!
My Photobucket Album
(I lurk on every board, even the over-40 while I'm 19.... XD) I just wanted to mention that for every single person who has posted in this thread, I would not have given you 40+ from your avatars! Curly hair really makes a person look younger, I think.
(I lurk on every board, even the over-40 while I'm 19.... XD) I just wanted to mention that for every single person who has posted in this thread, I would not have given you 40+ from your avatars! Curly hair really makes a person look younger, I think.
Originally Posted by lody
OOOOHHHH we LIKE you Lody!!
My Photobucket Album
I'm so glad to find this thread. I turned 40 this year ... and I need to hear the 10 GOOD reasons. I've kind of got the 10 bad. Grumpy might be one, and here is why.
When I went to the dermatologist, I asked if my little dry spots were skin cancer. He said, no. I asked what would cause the spots. He said "Birthdays". That appointment was followed by a dentist appointment. He looked at my bottom teeth that are starting to crowd and said I should get braces. I said, "What? I'm 40. I already had braces when I was younger". He then explained that 40 is the age most people need braces AGAIN. So, that's what is not great about 40.

I'll play the what is great part, too:

Better perspective on what's important.

I realize the value of my time.

Don't worry what I look like in a swimsuit at the beach.
Here's my own li'l list.

1. Sex is REALLY good, because I'm not afraid to ask for (and get) what I want.

2. The older I get, the less I care what other people think of me.

3. I value my own opinions more and more.

4. I listen more to my internal voice, which is often right.

5. I love looking good, but at times, I am not afraid to be totally comfortable, even if it's not necessarily "cute".

6. I want to not just look good, but be healthy.

7. I take great pleasure in the simple things. They are often the most valuable.

8. It's okay to cry and be human and mess up sometimes. I realized no one is perfect.

9. That sometimes you might love a thing while it is bad for you, and hate a thing while it is good for you.

10. Even though I'm older, and am no longer a size 5, I feel the sexiest and most beautiful that I ever have in my life. Ironically, it wasn't until I transitioned and became fully natural that I began to feel that way. My self esteem is greater than it has ever been in my life. It's through the roof!

Enjoy!

Last edited by Hakim Nuraldin; 04-02-2009 at 07:17 PM. Reason: phrasing
Here's my own li'l list.

1. Sex is REALLY good, because I'm not afraid to ask for (and get) what I want.

2. The older I get, the less I care what other people think of me.

3. I value my own opinions more and more.

4. I listen more to my internal voice, which is often right.

5. I love looking good, but at times, I am not afraid to be totally comfortable, even if it's not necessarily "cute".

6. I want to not just look good, but be healthy.

7. I take great pleasure in the simple things. They are often the most valuable.

8. It's okay to cry and be human and mess up sometimes. I realized no one is perfect.

9. That sometimes you might love a thing while it is bad for you, and hate a thing while it is good for you.

10. Even though I'm older, and am no longer a size 5, I feel the sexiest and most beautiful that I ever have in my life. Ironically, it wasn't until I transitioned and became fully natural that I began to feel that way. My self esteem is greater than it has ever been in my life. It's through the roof!

Enjoy!
Originally Posted by Hakim Nuraldin
RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe with that our list is complete! But can we keep it going??
My Photobucket Album

Trending Topics