Was that a hot flash?

So two nights this past week or so I've been watching a movie with DH when out of the blue I realize I'm really freakin' hot. I mean really hot. Both times I asked DH if it was hot in the room. Both times he said not at all. The first time I actually stripped off all my clothes right there on the spot because I thought I'd burst into flames if I didn't. Last night I just ran to the bedroom and took everything off but underwear and a t-shirt. It's my legs that are the worst. The heat is just radiating off me but no sweating.

DH didn't seem to mind, LOL, but it's really weird because I'm almost always cold. Were those hot flashes? If so is this how they normally are or is there no "normal"? Ugh.
< member since 2006. No idea where 1969 came from.
I only get the night sweats so far, but thats kinda how my sister describes the hot flashes. Like its just this intenses heat that radiates from within, kinda like when you blush badly, but all over instead of just your cheeks.

How lovely to be a woman.....
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
I only get the night sweats so far, but thats kinda how my sister describes the hot flashes. Like its just this intenses heat that radiates from within, kinda like when you blush badly, but all over instead of just your cheeks.

How lovely to be a woman.....
Originally Posted by rudeechick
That sounds about like me - seems to start at my chest and radiates upward to my face - my head tends to get hotter than anywhere else in general. Never particularly noticed my legs being hot, though, LOL.
2C/3A/3B - modified CG - med./fine, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, YTCarrots or Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite, KCCC, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
oh, dang, grumble, grumble... shuffles off to have some chocolate...
i saw an ad on tv a few months ago that there is now a gel you can buy at drugstore (i THINK it's over the counter) that will address hot flashes.
you rub this gel on the insides of your wrists and at your temples, and it tells your brain to adjust the temp......
worth looking into.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
i saw an ad on tv a few months ago that there is now a gel you can buy at drugstore (i THINK it's over the counter) that will address hot flashes.
you rub this gel on the insides of your wrists and at your temples, and it tells your brain to adjust the temp......
worth looking into.
Originally Posted by rbb
Lol.... we could start a thread about that gel in the hair forums and REALLY confuse some people..... But then again... if you can use KY for your hair... why not Hot Flash Gel?
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
I was having a conversation with my friend today about hotflashes...and she told me that her gyn doc said "more orgasms, at least 10 before you expect your period and 10 after you have it, it releases the excess hormones." 28 days on average in a cycle...and then it starts all over. Hmm...that's a lot of "O's" in one month. How does one decide that "today is the day or fit them all in"???? My reply "would that be a daily shower ritual", not sure that DBF would be up to that challenge...too many other things to deal with during the work week and being exhausted, just isn't going to happen daily...ugh!
CG since 7/08--Eastern PA
3a fine/medium, normal to low porosity, med density
CO wash/Cond: LVPNG, Kenra, TIGI MM
Styling: GDLI, CK and any gel
VISIT MY ETSY SHOP: www.dreambelledesign.etsy.com
fotki pw: hair

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
I was having a conversation with my friend today about hotflashes...and she told me that her gyn doc said "more orgasms, at least 10 before you expect your period and 10 after you have it, it releases the excess hormones." 28 days on average in a cycle...and then it starts all over. Hmm...that's a lot of "O's" in one month. How does one decide that "today is the day or fit them all in"???? My reply "would that be a daily shower ritual", not sure that DBF would be up to that challenge...too many other things to deal with during the work week and being exhausted, just isn't going to happen daily...ugh!
Originally Posted by susieQ730
Interesting theory! Sure beats drugs, IMO. Of course lots of perimenopausal women have periods that last a LONG time or that come really frequently or really sporadically. Hard to know how to time those orgasms. Better just aim for a couple/few every day. Probably we'll all either be too tired for hot flashes to bother us or too relaxed and happy for them to bother us!
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

I was having a conversation with my friend today about hotflashes...and she told me that her gyn doc said "more orgasms, at least 10 before you expect your period and 10 after you have it, it releases the excess hormones." 28 days on average in a cycle...and then it starts all over. Hmm...that's a lot of "O's" in one month.
Originally Posted by susieQ730
Never heard that, but I wonder if it's 10 O's or 10 sessions. Big difference for me as I could have 10 in one session.
shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
Never heard that, but I wonder if it's 10 O's or 10 sessions. Big difference for me as I could have 10 in one session.
Originally Posted by alacurl
It was 10 O's...you lucky girl, you'd fill the quota in one session! With those numbers you'll never have a hot flash...
CG since 7/08--Eastern PA
3a fine/medium, normal to low porosity, med density
CO wash/Cond: LVPNG, Kenra, TIGI MM
Styling: GDLI, CK and any gel
VISIT MY ETSY SHOP: www.dreambelledesign.etsy.com
fotki pw: hair

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
Banned
Not to, uh, smash anyone's banana, but how exactly are orgasms supposed to burn off excess hormones?

It doesn't seem to work that way for teenagers. Is all I'm saying.
formerly Castella
(my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
Not to, uh, smash anyone's banana, but how exactly are orgasms supposed to burn off excess hormones?

Originally Posted by Snarls
That is so true, LMAO!

Originally Posted by Snarls
Ah, hahahahahahahahaha!

Trending Topics