Who is that old lady watching me?

Speckla
I freaked myself out in Sally's today. I looked up and saw wrinkles and lines and way, way more than ever before....until I realized I was standing in front of a super-magnified facial mirror.... phew...but seriously, do you ever look in the mirror and not recognize the person staring back? I should still be 16 or 21 years old.
It's happened to me before. I was sitting and waiting somewhere, just looking around. Across the room was this lady looking back at me. It took me a minute to realize that it was me - in a mirror. Freaky that I didn't recognize myself.
2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
COs: Yes to Cucumbers
Stylers: Krystal Ecostyler, KCCC,

Unique and Useful gifts & accessories
www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com and www.EweniqueEssentials.etsy.com
I should still be 16 or 21 years old.
Originally Posted by Speckla
At 51, this is exactly how I feel.
The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
In my mind, I see myself somewhere around 28.... sometimes, I'll really look and get a true glimpse to see how much I have aged.

Denial.... sometimes it's a good thing!!
in humidity hell south Florida or high and dry Colorado
CG since 2005
2a, 2b, 3b - fine hair, low density - low/normal porosity
washing: cj curl assurance gentle cleansing, cj daily fix
conditioning: cj smoothing, cj strengthening, giovanni 50/50 balance, darcy's pumpkin seed, kinky curly knot today
styling: homemade fsg, kinky curly curling custard, cj pattern pusha, botanical spirits magic curls puree
pt: cj curl fix, cj repair me
avoid: humectants, polyquats
I remember walking thru a store that had full length mirrors everywhere. I almost ran into a middle aged woman & I said excuse me, then realized it was my reflection in one of the mirrors.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
I freaked myself out in Sally's today. I looked up and saw wrinkles and lines and way, way more than ever before....until I realized I was standing in front of a super-magnified facial mirror.... phew...but seriously, do you ever look in the mirror and not recognize the person staring back? I should still be 16 or 21 years old.
Originally Posted by Speckla
I really hate those magnifying mirrors. I use reading glasses at work & I will not look in the mirror if I am wearing them. They magnify all my flaws. I remember when I 1st got them & a coworker came to my desk to ask a question. I couldn't believe the large pores & wrinkles I could see on her face. When she left my desk, I pulled out my compact mirror & could see the same on my face.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
On a camping trip one time, I decided to do my make-up outside as the amenities block wasn't too user friendly and it was too dark in the tent. Big, big mistake. I knew I had wrinkles, esp. around my eyes, but it was truly horrifying seeing it all close-up in the morning sunlight. Never done it since.
3b in South Australia.
One day in a store, I glanced down into a mirror that was below eye level - and was horrified to see wrinkles on my neck that I never noticed. Something about that angle... not flattering.
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

When I look in the mirror I no longer see me, I see a weird combination of my mom and dad. I don't love it.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd

Trending Topics