Eyebrows/Eyelashes...ANYONE get them profess DYED?? If so...

I have an appt in 2 weeks to get my eyelashes dyed :-) I love the idea as they are very light blonde and disappear, especially since I wear glasses. My Aveda spa that I LOVE so much is offering this service now, for $25. So I figured... what the heck.

Just curious if anyone has ever done this before. Did/do you do upper and lower lashes or just upper?

I am SO excited to try it. I am telling you ladies... ever since I turned 40, (will be 43 next week) I feel like for the first time in my life I actually 'deserve' these silly indulgences like dyeing my eye lashes, getting my eyebrows waxed every once in awhile, getting facials, massages etc.... :-)
I've known people who've had their eyebrows dyed but I don't know anyone who's had the eyelashes done. Sounds a little scary to me, having dye that close to ones eyes. Let us know how it goes! And yes, being 40+ means we get to do whatever we want for ourselves! We've earned it!
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
Ya know what? I lived in England MANY years ago and you could actually BUY eyelash dying kits to use at home! It was like putting on mascara only it was eyelash dye. I just don't understand why we can't by "do it yourself" kits here.

Anyway...yes - i really liked the results as I didn't have to use mascara everyday. I don't recall how long the dyed lashes lasted though. And I did dye both the upper and lower lashes.

Enjoy your indulgence and let us know how it goes!
3B/3C
No more PJ tendencies. Tigi Curls Rock Curl Amplifier is the best thing to make my curls rock all day! Next best are KCCC and Re:Coil +HE TT Gel.
I think there is a potential for do-it-yourselfers to damage the eye by getting dye in it. I wouldn't want to try it at home myself.
I think there is a potential for do-it-yourselfers to damage the eye by getting dye in it.
Originally Posted by SuZen
I agree and we seem to be SUCH a HUGE sue happy nation, the companies know they would be sued in a second if 'we' didn't follow directions, got it in our eye etc.......
I think England has a "loser pays" system and thus don't have as many lawsuits.

But dying the lashes was as easy as putting on mascara.
3B/3C
No more PJ tendencies. Tigi Curls Rock Curl Amplifier is the best thing to make my curls rock all day! Next best are KCCC and Re:Coil +HE TT Gel.
Hi there -- I have had my eyelashes professionally dyed - and the results were great! That was about three years ago - and I dont know if the procedure has changed any, but back then, you had to sit with the dye on your lashes for about 10-15 minutes and your eyes closed. That was the toughest part of it.. the dye lasted about 8 weeks, and it looked like I always had mascara on.

I also tried the dye that comes in a mascara-type tube - it was easy to use, and lasted about three days.
I have my eyelashes dyed regularly - I love it as mine are very blonde. it's addictive really brings your eyes out. I have been doing it for years. I have had no problems with it
3a Curls. Modified CG. Favorite current products: Jessicurl Gelebration, CK, Re:coil, FX curl defining gel
I am excited... can't wait to give this service a try!!!
Me too! I love to wear mascara, but I always have smudges by the end of the day. no matter how smudge-proof it's supposed to be.

I'm putting it on my list of indulgences. I'll probably wait a bit, though... I finally started laser hair removal last week!
Me too.... even when I use waterproof... I still get smudges by lunchtime. I am SO excited to get my lashes dyed I can hardly wait. Not sure about the big $$$ but we shall see!!! Want to try, atleast once.
I get the brow and lash dye from Sallys and do it myself all the time. Now you have to be very careful it burns like the dickens if yoou get it in your eye, not the dye itself the step 1, the actual color is step 2. But it works great for about 4-6 weeks. Good Luck.
Below BSL Very thick Botticelli curls
Has anyone ever tried to dye lashes and brows with henna? I would love to hear about it if you have.
CurlyFireHorse
Hair: 2a or 3a (not sure), very porous and fine as frog hair
Day 1: Cowash and condition with AO GPB, ACV Rinse,
Co-Kra gel (this stuff is fantastic)

Day 2: KCKT, KCCC, plop, KCCC, plop again, air dry
Day 3: Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Coil Jam
Day 4: IAGirl's PT, KBB DT, FSG

Co-Kra gel is my own concoction of okra boiled in coconut milk. It is a cross between FSG and KCCC and leaves my hair very soft and shiny
We had a thread on this a few months ago. Some people here do it at home themselves. And it's not legal in some states.

I used to have it done professionally, until an over-zealous esthetician used too much, which leaked into my eye, and burned my cornea. So, now I use mascara only.
Has anyone ever tried to dye lashes and brows with henna? I would love to hear about it if you have.
Originally Posted by CurlyFireHorse
Not eyelashes, but eyebrows, yes.

Iiiiii haven't done it again. lol

The hairs on my brows took the henna really well, but the skin did as well. So I kind of looked like Groucho Marx's redheaded sister for a couple of days. Luckily, I did it on a Friday evening and had time to exfoliate the CRAP out of my face all weekend so I looked pretty presentable by Monday for work.

I just stick with the eyebrow grooming kits from smashbox now lol. Gives me a little bit of color and makes them look nice without the skin dying :P Hair dye works nicely though, if you're doing that instead of henna. Doesn't last very long though :/
CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
In the 80s I used to dye my lashes at the place in NYC that I went for facials (Mario Badescu). I did it mainly for convenience, I like a natural, dark but not long lash.

They used to do the top and bottom together. Didnt hurt and gave them a nice dark tint. Dont recall how long it lasted. AT some point the FDA banned it so I stopped.

If you can get it safely get it done, go for it.
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
Hi- For some reason all my eyebrows completely fell out so my derm. recommended someone who does permanent dye. Pros: Thank god for this - otherwise I wouldn't have any brows at all! Cons - it hurts when she does it, it's horribly dark for about a week, has to be redone every year or so and fades over time to a strange reddish color but I can put pencil on top. Bottom line - its worth it!!! The cons don't compare with having nice brows that most people cannot tell at all are tattoed on. I would never do my lashes though.

Trending Topics