Some words from Michael Moore

Like Tree3Likes

I might have an ounce of respect for him if he included in his list of fallen soldiers, the names of the MILLIONS of babies killed from abortions since the early 70s! And that is certainly not said to take anything away from the troops who lost their lives in the war. I am so thankful to them and their families for their sacrifice!
Originally Posted by songbird
Not to be sarcastic but how do you give a list of unborn babies' names when most likely none of them had been named or born? I'm not sure how you can compare a fetus to grown man fighting for his country?
Originally Posted by Josephine
You can't. The grown man had a choice and chose to fight and die for his country. No comparision.
Originally Posted by perfectlyfrizzycurls
Amen.
For people who think the Democrats are crybabies:

"I'm supposed to make a call that represents the congratulations toward the triumph of that which I believe ultimately stands for and will stand for a culture evil enough to destroy the very soul and heart of my country. I can't do this, and I will not make a false gesture."
-- Alan Keyes, declining the traditional telephone call to his victorious opponent, Barack Obama.
A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.

-Mohandas Gandhi
I think it is wrong to slap a label on a whole group of people--individuals may be crybabies, regardless of their political registration. Keyes is a fool for saying that.
2C/3A auburn hair.
between shoulders and BSL
http://Dems sure aren't gracious whe...at for a fact.

I can't expect people who supported Bush to understand why some of us wept on Election Day. Just like people who voted for Bush thought they were doing the right thing, we did too.
Originally Posted by BB

See you are wrong. I understand and respect other peoples beliefs. I can understand why they are disappointed because I would be disappointed also. The difference is, I didn't call Kerry supporters stupid, I didn't belittle their beliefs because they differ with mine. I feel there is a place for everyone and we need balance to the force. From all the comments from the most vocal people who supported Kerry, they seem to think every who didn't a stupid, a bible thumper, anti-abortion, and homophobic, all of which are not true.
See you are wrong. I understand and respect other peoples beliefs. I can understand why they are disappointed because I would be disappointed also. The difference is, I didn't call Kerry supporters stupid, I didn't belittle their beliefs because they differ with mine. I feel there is a place for everyone and we need balance to the force. From all the comments from the most vocal people who supported Kerry, they seem to think every who didn't a stupid, a bible thumper, anti-abortion, and homophobic, all of which are not true.
Originally Posted by perfectlyfrizzycurls
PFC: I think for the most part we've (the you and I "we") have had civil exchanges on this board. I know that not everyone who voted for Bush did so because he is pro-life and anti-gay marriage. The people I know and love did so because of security issues and his domestic policies (tax cuts, etc). What is scary to me is when people from either side refuse to acknowledge the huge split in the country. Everyone's feelings and beliefs are valid, and everyone should be heard. Even if one side is larger than the other.
A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.

-Mohandas Gandhi
"I'm supposed to make a call that represents the congratulations toward the triumph of that which I believe ultimately stands for and will stand for a culture evil enough to destroy the very soul and heart of my country. I can't do this, and I will not make a false gesture." -- Alan Keyes, declining the traditional telephone call to his victorious opponent, Barack Obama.
Originally Posted by BB
I told you Keyes was nuts. A liar and a nut. When Hillary ran for the senate in NY, he screamed and hollared about what a lowlife carpetbagger she was. He's not from Illinois...
3c
Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
CoWash: VO5 kiwi
Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor
See you are wrong. I understand and respect other peoples beliefs. I can understand why they are disappointed because I would be disappointed also. The difference is, I didn't call Kerry supporters stupid, I didn't belittle their beliefs because they differ with mine. I feel there is a place for everyone and we need balance to the force. From all the comments from the most vocal people who supported Kerry, they seem to think every who didn't a stupid, a bible thumper, anti-abortion, and homophobic, all of which are not true.
Originally Posted by perfectlyfrizzycurls
PFC: I think for the most part we've (the you and I "we") have had civil exchanges on this board. I know that not everyone who voted for Bush did so because he is pro-life and anti-gay marriage. The people I know and love did so because of security issues and his domestic policies (tax cuts, etc). What is scary to me is when people from either side refuse to acknowledge the huge split in the country. Everyone's feelings and beliefs are valid, and everyone should be heard. Even if one side is larger than the other.
Originally Posted by BB
I know many people who voted for Bush. But first, let me tell you that I live in a very nice part of town, lots of people driving their Mercs and beemers around, and I personally know many of them. Many of these people voted for Bush soley for tax cuts. I know because I asked. These are people who are intelligent individuals, registered Democrats, who went selfish and voted for Bush for a tax break so they can add another 5 grand to their bond holdings sooner.
The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit.
-- Somerset Maugham
Many of these people voted for Bush soley for tax cuts. I know because I asked.
Originally Posted by steph_eina
That's very sad that people vote for such selfish monetary reasons. It's equally sad that another reason is hard line religious "morals" and I use that term loosely as it doesn't include anything Jesus would do (care for the poor and the planet). The only other reason that makes sense are those people who were traumatized by 9/11 and think Bush is our daddy who's going to protect us although he didn't do too well the first time around...
3c
Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
CoWash: VO5 kiwi
Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor
Being judgemental is also something Jesus tells us not to do.

Bush is our "daddy"? I'm sure you voted for Kerry as you thought he would be better on defense and national security. So, using your logic you think of him as "daddy". That's not me saying it, but you; those are your words and your logic.

Again, 8 years versus 8 months. HTH.
The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
http://The only other reason that ma...round...<br />

It is interesting to note that the people who live in places that were the actual targets of the terrorist attacks on 9/11 didn't support Bush. NY has been on Orange Alert for three years now. Saying NY and the other blue states would never support a Republican is inaccurate. Reagan won every state except for one in his second run for the Presidency.
A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.

-Mohandas Gandhi
It is interesting to note that the people who live in places that were the actual targets of the terrorist attacks on 9/11 didn't support Bush. NY has been on Orange Alert for three years now. Saying NY and the other blue states would never support a Republican is inaccurate. Reagan won every state except for one in his second run for the Presidency.
Originally Posted by BB
NY has always been a democratic stronghold, so Kerry winning the state is no big surprise. I live in Manhattan and voted for Bush.
The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
What is scary to me is when people from either side refuse to acknowledge the huge split in the country. Everyone's feelings and beliefs are valid, and everyone should be heard. Even if one side is larger than the other.
Originally Posted by BB
Why does it matter that we have split in this country? The Republicans are in charge now so why not let them do as they please? Politics in cyclical so everyone is not going to be 100% happy all of the time.
See you are wrong. I understand and respect other peoples beliefs. I can understand why they are disappointed because I would be disappointed also. The difference is, I didn't call Kerry supporters stupid, I didn't belittle their beliefs because they differ with mine. I feel there is a place for everyone and we need balance to the force. From all the comments from the most vocal people who supported Kerry, they seem to think every who didn't a stupid, a bible thumper, anti-abortion, and homophobic, all of which are not true.
Originally Posted by perfectlyfrizzycurls
I think that referring to Kerry supporters in Ohio as crackheads is belittling. I'm sure that there were some cocaine users who voted for Kerry, Bush, Nader and probably Peroutka. But to single Kerry out seems belittling. I realize that namecalling is not the same as belittling ones' beliefs, but it still seems disrespectful especially since every person who supported Kerry in Ohio is not crackhead.
I think that referring to Kerry supporters in Ohio as crackheads is belittling ... seems disrespectful
Originally Posted by elleebeme
Seems belittling and disrespectful? That's the name of the republicans' tune. You're either with us or against us. Hee haw.

Bush's idea of a compromise is, "Here, this is what I want. Accept it."
3c
Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
CoWash: VO5 kiwi
Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor
I think that referring to Kerry supporters in Ohio as crackheads is belittling ... seems disrespectful
Originally Posted by elleebeme
Seems belittling and disrespectful? That's the name of the republicans' tune. You're either with us or against us. Hee haw.

Bush's idea of a compromise is, "Here, this is what I want. Accept it."
Originally Posted by mandyv
Pot. Kettle calling on line two.
The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
Code:
NY has always been a democratic stronghold, so Kerry winning the state is no big surprise. I live in Manhattan and voted for Bush.
Well, NY has a Republican governor and NYC has a Republican mayor (who follows another Republican mayor). I wouldn't exactly call it a Democratic lock. And, as I mentioned, Reagan carried the state as well.


Why does it matter that we have split in this country? The Republicans are in charge now so why not let them do as they please? Politics in cyclical so everyone is not going to be 100% happy all of the time.
We all have to live with the policies put into place by the people in Washington, whether we like them or not. The government is for the people, by the people. If elected officials do something you disagree with, you should shout from the rooftops. We are their employers. Let's not forget that.
A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.

-Mohandas Gandhi
We all have to live with the policies put into place by the people in Washington, whether we like them or not. The government is for the people, by the people. If elected officials do something you disagree with, you should shout from the rooftops. We are their employers. Let's not forget that.
Originally Posted by BB
I agree. See my signature line!
The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
-Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
See you are wrong. I understand and respect other peoples beliefs. I can understand why they are disappointed because I would be disappointed also. The difference is, I didn't call Kerry supporters stupid, I didn't belittle their beliefs because they differ with mine. I feel there is a place for everyone and we need balance to the force. From all the comments from the most vocal people who supported Kerry, they seem to think every who didn't a stupid, a bible thumper, anti-abortion, and homophobic, all of which are not true.
Originally Posted by perfectlyfrizzycurls
I think that referring to Kerry supporters in Ohio as crackheads is belittling. I'm sure that there were some cocaine users who voted for Kerry, Bush, Nader and probably Peroutka. But to single Kerry out seems belittling. I realize that namecalling is not the same as belittling ones' beliefs, but it still seems disrespectful especially since every person who supported Kerry in Ohio is not crackhead.
Originally Posted by elleebeme
She's got it backwards as usual - the crack-peddling Kerry supporters in Cleveland have one up on the Bush supporters of Cleveland. Cleveland Bush supporters couldn't even understand their absentee ballots, and had the nerve to complain when their votes went to the wrong candidate. HELLO - Blue=Democrat, Red=Republican. It's only been this way for how long? Take a few minutes to study the electoral college. Why did they even waste their time raising a big stink when they know that their county is overwhelmingly Democratic (??). If I was a Bush supporter in Cleveland, I'd keep a low profile, unless I wanted my head bashed into the sidewalk. I'll never understand the motives of Bush supporters.
See you are wrong. I understand and respect other peoples beliefs. I can understand why they are disappointed because I would be disappointed also. The difference is, I didn't call Kerry supporters stupid, I didn't belittle their beliefs because they differ with mine. I feel there is a place for everyone and we need balance to the force. From all the comments from the most vocal people who supported Kerry, they seem to think every who didn't a stupid, a bible thumper, anti-abortion, and homophobic, all of which are not true.
Originally Posted by perfectlyfrizzycurls
I think that referring to Kerry supporters in Ohio as crackheads is belittling.
Originally Posted by elleebeme

I was referring to the news articles about the NAACP voter fund paying people in crack for voter registrations. It was all over the news and has been a running joke for weeks. I posted the article here weeks ago. Voter Fruad. What a shock.


http://www.washtimes.com/national/20...3741-2380r.htm


Man charged in vote fraud says NAACP paid in crack


By Joyce Howard Price
THE WASHINGTON TIMES


An Ohio man charged with filing fictitious voter-registration forms says he was paid in crack by a woman affiliated with the NAACP National Voter Fund.
The Sheriff's Office of Defiance County arrested and charged Chad Staton, 22, of Defiance, with false registration, a felony of the fifth degree.
The sheriff's office said Mr. Staton was hired by a Toledo woman, who, it said, admitted paying Mr. Staton in crack but has not been charged. She said she was working for a local National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) official, who also has not been charged and could not be reached for comment.



People love to jump to conclusions around here, without all the facts.
After 9/11, an evangelical minister at a prayer service I attended said while it was horrible, 3000 babies are killed every week in this country and that God was punishing America.

Over 1000 Americans have died in Iraq and their deaths are painful to their families no matter how many abortions occur.

I think that to link the two dismisses the pain felt by all.

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com