Ayers, I'm so confused

That war was MUCH worse than this one, and it caused a LOT of strife and division in our country.

This was also a time when music became Rock and Roll, and for the first time, political views became lyrics. It was appalling to the elders, and liberating for the young ones. Even to this day, music is very influential in all aspects of living, across all of society.

Since Ayers had never been convicted of any crime, he never had to disclose any of his actions on job applications.

I have never been much for destruction of property, either. I guess that was the only way they could think of to protest that loudly. Even though I dislike Bush and his administration, I would never go and burn his ranch down. Mostly because forensic science is too good these days. j/k
I believe the "ties" to Ayers rest soley with the participation on the board, and nothing more. I'll even wager a bet that Obama never even made the connection (probably read a tiny bit about the never-prosecuted cases in law school, but consider the oodles he had to have studied), that Ayers was a former anti-war radical. It most likely never came up at all until Obama's bid to run and a researcher/vetter saw Ayers' name on the board Obama was also a member of. This has gotten so blown away from reality by the hard right that it has caused many (mostly people who get their political info from their church) to actually believe that if Obama were elected that he would just call up bin Laden and invite him over to kill all of the Christians, and Bill Ayers would be more than happy to help.
Originally Posted by StephS


I agree that the association between Ayers and Obama is tenuous at best. There was no reason for Obama to even know about the Weather Underground, something that had happened so many years before. If there was any proof of anything nefarious between them, we would have heard about it before now. There is no proof, which is why McCain's campaign is doing it all by inference and innuendo. There is nothing concrete there.
Not that this matters anymore, but i'm confused by the logic they used of "we hate that the U.S. is at war, so let's blow up empty buildings HERE and show people how wrong war is!!" But I didn't live through that era, so I guess I won't understand that mindset.
"Yo, James, i'm really happy for you, i'm gonna let you finish killing Bella in a minute, but Demetri was one of the best Trackers of ALL time!"

www.myspace.com/mimichica
Not that this matters anymore, but i'm confused by the logic they used of "we hate that the U.S. is at war, so let's blow up empty buildings HERE and show people how wrong war is!!" But I didn't live through that era, so I guess I won't understand that mindset.
Originally Posted by NYCurlyGirly
It reminds me of extremist pro-lifers blowing up abortion clinics...it makes no sense.
To paint Ayers as simply a 60's radical who disagreed with the Vietnam war is completely glossing over the truth. Below is just one quote from the website linked here: http://www.zombietime.com/prairie_fire/

"The quotes above were scanned directly from a now long-forgotten book entitled Prairie Fire: The Politics of Revolutionary Anti-Imperialism, which was written and published in 1974 by William Ayers, Bernardine Dohrn and other members of the Weather Underground. In this slim volume, which functioned as the Weather Underground's ideological manifesto, Ayers declares himself to be a communist, and announces that his group's bombing campaign was intended to start a violent revolution to overthrow the American government."


Can you imagine the uproar if McCain had established ties with such a nut-job? It would be front-page news 24/7.
Can you imagine the uproar if McCain had established ties with such a nut-job? It would be front-page news 24/7.
Originally Posted by misspam

But...what ties are there between Obama and Ayers? Besides sitting on a board together and living in the same geographical location, there are no ties. If there were, we would have heard of them by now.
Not that this matters anymore, but i'm confused by the logic they used of "we hate that the U.S. is at war, so let's blow up empty buildings HERE and show people how wrong war is!!" But I didn't live through that era, so I guess I won't understand that mindset.
Originally Posted by NYCurlyGirly
It reminds me of extremist pro-lifers blowing up abortion clinics...it makes no sense.
Originally Posted by medussa
I wonder the same thing about people who get destructive after their team wins and/or losses at some sport. WTH???
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
Can you imagine the uproar if McCain had established ties with such a nut-job? It would be front-page news 24/7.
Originally Posted by misspam

But...what ties are there between Obama and Ayers? Besides sitting on a board together and living in the same geographical location, there are no ties. If there were, we would have heard of them by now.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
Look, I'm not going to do your research for you. If you are unaware of the facts concerning their relationship by now maybe you are not tuned in to the correct sources.

One thing is for sure. The MSM ought to be ashamed of themselves for not hammering this story more strongly.
Can you imagine the uproar if McCain had established ties with such a nut-job? It would be front-page news 24/7.
Originally Posted by misspam

But...what ties are there between Obama and Ayers? Besides sitting on a board together and living in the same geographical location, there are no ties. If there were, we would have heard of them by now.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
Look, I'm not going to do your research for you. If you are unaware of the facts concerning their relationship by now maybe you are not tuned in to the correct sources.

One thing is for sure. The MSM ought to be ashamed of themselves for not hammering this story more strongly.
Originally Posted by misspam
Oh please, you know damn well if you would have found a link you would be posting it on an entirely different thread in bold capital letters. So, it's not that you aren't going to do the research, it's that you couldn't find a deeper link than the one that the republicans have been trying to put a spin on.
Location: Chicago

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
Malcolm X
Can you imagine the uproar if McCain had established ties with such a nut-job? It would be front-page news 24/7.
Originally Posted by misspam

But...what ties are there between Obama and Ayers? Besides sitting on a board together and living in the same geographical location, there are no ties. If there were, we would have heard of them by now.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
Look, I'm not going to do your research for you. If you are unaware of the facts concerning their relationship by now maybe you are not tuned in to the correct sources.

One thing is for sure. The MSM ought to be ashamed of themselves for not hammering this story more strongly.
Originally Posted by misspam


What "facts"? I have researched it. There is NOTHING. If you've got something substantive, then post a link here or state your source. If you don't, then STFU. Enough with innuendos.


But...what ties are there between Obama and Ayers? Besides sitting on a board together and living in the same geographical location, there are no ties. If there were, we would have heard of them by now.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
Look, I'm not going to do your research for you. If you are unaware of the facts concerning their relationship by now maybe you are not tuned in to the correct sources.

One thing is for sure. The MSM ought to be ashamed of themselves for not hammering this story more strongly.
Originally Posted by misspam


What "facts"? I have researched it. There is NOTHING. If you've got something substantive, then post a link here or state your source. If you don't, then STFU. Enough with innuendos.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
Yeah, that's real mature! You've really got to get over yourself. Sheesh.

You seem to forget the last time I cited my sources on the false claim that Sarah Palin was a member of the AIP. I linked numerous articles to disprove that rumor and yet you still clung to some hope that the story was true. You said things like, 'this story has legs', and other crap-ola. blah, blah, blah...

When even the MSM and kooky left wing blogs conceded that the story was false, I didn't hear you acknowledge that you were mistaken. You can't even admit when you're wrong.

So, do your own farkin' research.


But...what ties are there between Obama and Ayers? Besides sitting on a board together and living in the same geographical location, there are no ties. If there were, we would have heard of them by now.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
Look, I'm not going to do your research for you. If you are unaware of the facts concerning their relationship by now maybe you are not tuned in to the correct sources.

One thing is for sure. The MSM ought to be ashamed of themselves for not hammering this story more strongly.
Originally Posted by misspam
Oh please, you know damn well if you would have found a link you would be posting it on an entirely different thread in bold capital letters. So, it's not that you aren't going to do the research, it's that you couldn't find a deeper link than the one that the republicans have been trying to put a spin on.
Originally Posted by YolyC
Sorry, starting threads on the non-hair side of the forum is not what I do, it's not my style. I think I posted one humorous Biden Bingo thread, that's it.

So, save the attitude for someone who gives a darn.
Guide34
Guest
Posts: n/a

Look, I'm not going to do your research for you. If you are unaware of the facts concerning their relationship by now maybe you are not tuned in to the correct sources.

One thing is for sure. The MSM ought to be ashamed of themselves for not hammering this story more strongly.
Originally Posted by misspam


What "facts"? I have researched it. There is NOTHING. If you've got something substantive, then post a link here or state your source. If you don't, then STFU. Enough with innuendos.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
Yeah, that's real mature! You've really got to get over yourself. Sheesh.

You seem to forget the last time I cited my sources on the false claim that Sarah Palin was a member of the AIP. I linked numerous articles to disprove that rumor and yet you still clung to some hope that the story was true. You said things like, 'this story has legs', and other crap-ola. blah, blah, blah...

When even the MSM and kooky left wing blogs conceded that the story was false, I didn't hear you acknowledge that you were mistaken. You can't even admit when you're wrong.

So, do your own farkin' research.
Originally Posted by misspam
Please, stop the nastiness.

I understand that this election has made emotions run high, but let's just dispute the facts without the colorful language.

Thanks.
This whole thing with Ayers confuses me. I understand that people are upset about what he did in the past, but they also like to bring up the fact that he's has "no regrets". From information I've seen, this appears to stem from a comment that was taken out of context.

This is my understanding of things... He was a member/cofounder of a 60's anti-war activist group that was responsible for terrorist acts. He eventually got out and is now a professor. During a 2001 interview, he stated that he had no regrets for standing up for what he believed in. in regards to that interview, he is quoted as saying:

"This is not a question of being misunderstood or 'taken out of context', but of deliberate distortion."


I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with what he did, but I'm just hoping for some clarification. Can someone please explain/correct me
Originally Posted by scrills

He was involved in that craziness when Obama was just eight years old. The man reforms his life (though he may not have any regrets, I don't know), he becomes a well-known university professor, and decades later, Obama and Ayers end up serving on the same board on education together. That's it.

McCain/Palin were just trying to make it into something that it wasn't because that's what they do best: divide and use scare tactics.

You may want to view these very interesting videos related to this topic:

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Olberm...ties_1008.html
(You can just scroll down to the video. I found it quite interesting. They're speaking of a Meet The Press Interview that took place earlier (same show on which Gen. Powell endorsed Obama).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2AiQ5ShYSU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwvPNXYrIyI (This is the video in which she's actually speaking to that separatist group, telling them to "keep up the good work".
Last Relaxer: October 2007
Transition Period: 1 Year
Final Big Chop: October 2008
Hair Type: 4A/3B/3A/4B WTH?



Hmmm, I guess it does help to put everything into context. Still, blowing up government property is pretty serious. I wonder what kind of spin he put on that in the job interview for the university? I need those kind of bs skills .
Originally Posted by CurlyCurlies

A lot of people that had a role in shaping American history who are still alive, particularly those once considered (or currently considered radicals/controversial), are offered university professorships (considering of course they're already degreed).

In NY, there are quite a few people that we read about in our history books who are actually university professors in the CUNY system, at NYU, and the like. I believe Harvard, V Tech, and Princeton have some notables as well. Stanford has Toni Morrison. Artists, writers, activists, radicals, many of them are now university professors.
Last Relaxer: October 2007
Transition Period: 1 Year
Final Big Chop: October 2008
Hair Type: 4A/3B/3A/4B WTH?




Look, I'm not going to do your research for you. If you are unaware of the facts concerning their relationship by now maybe you are not tuned in to the correct sources.

One thing is for sure. The MSM ought to be ashamed of themselves for not hammering this story more strongly.
Originally Posted by misspam


What "facts"? I have researched it. There is NOTHING. If you've got something substantive, then post a link here or state your source. If you don't, then STFU. Enough with innuendos.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
Yeah, that's real mature! You've really got to get over yourself. Sheesh.

You seem to forget the last time I cited my sources on the false claim that Sarah Palin was a member of the AIP. I linked numerous articles to disprove that rumor and yet you still clung to some hope that the story was true. You said things like, 'this story has legs', and other crap-ola. blah, blah, blah...

When even the MSM and kooky left wing blogs conceded that the story was false, I didn't hear you acknowledge that you were mistaken. You can't even admit when you're wrong.

So, do your own farkin' research.
Originally Posted by misspam


If you want to spout stuff, you should back it up. There is no evidence of any nefarious relationship between Obama and Ayers. Nothing. The McCain camp has nothing either, just innuendo. They haven't backed up their statements either. Unless you have evidence, you're just slinging dirt like McCain. Propaganda, spin, and innuendo. Really...change the channel from Rush occasionally. Begin the deprogramming process. You'll feel better.

Palin was a member of the AIP. The AIP president is on video saying as much. Todd Palin was a member also, which has been proved. So, where was I wrong? Obama has chosen not to get down in the mud with McCain and hasn't attacked Palin. He's taken the high road. Simple as that really.



What "facts"? I have researched it. There is NOTHING. If you've got something substantive, then post a link here or state your source. If you don't, then STFU. Enough with innuendos.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
Yeah, that's real mature! You've really got to get over yourself. Sheesh.

You seem to forget the last time I cited my sources on the false claim that Sarah Palin was a member of the AIP. I linked numerous articles to disprove that rumor and yet you still clung to some hope that the story was true. You said things like, 'this story has legs', and other crap-ola. blah, blah, blah...

When even the MSM and kooky left wing blogs conceded that the story was false, I didn't hear you acknowledge that you were mistaken. You can't even admit when you're wrong.

So, do your own farkin' research.
Originally Posted by misspam


If you want to spout stuff, you should back it up. There is no evidence of any nefarious relationship between Obama and Ayers. Nothing. The McCain camp has nothing either, just innuendo. They haven't backed up their statements either. Unless you have evidence, you're just slinging dirt like McCain. Propaganda, spin, and innuendo. Really...change the channel from Rush occasionally. Begin the deprogramming process. You'll feel better.

Palin was a member of the AIP. The AIP president is on video saying as much. Todd Palin was a member also, which has been proved. So, where was I wrong? Obama has chosen not to get down in the mud with McCain and hasn't attacked Palin. He's taken the high road. Simple as that really.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves

I wish they'd stop trying to use exploitative scare tactics to make us vote one way. That really ticks me off because it makes me feel as if they're insulting my intelligence.

It's also makes me feel as if they're exploiting the 9.11 tragedy by trying to prey on our fears or tragedies.

Whispering rumors about how an opposing candidate is somehow an eight year-old terrorist in Hawaii (in their warped minds) is exploiting our association, as Americans, with that word..."terrorist".

Ever since 9.11 they've been throwing that word about with total abandon to make us back failed policies that clearly violate our constitution...many of which are IMPEACHABLE OFFENSES.

And the NY'r in me gets really po'd at the idea of them exploiting that for their own sick personal gain.

Only someone sick, selfish, and low would use that sort of pain and suffering for their own selfish gain. They have no damn respect.
Last Relaxer: October 2007
Transition Period: 1 Year
Final Big Chop: October 2008
Hair Type: 4A/3B/3A/4B WTH?



Palin was a member of the AIP. The AIP president is on video saying as much. Todd Palin was a member also, which has been proved. So, where was I wrong? Obama has chosen not to get down in the mud with McCain and hasn't attacked Palin. He's taken the high road. Simple as that really.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
And you're right...PALIN is the one that's associated with domestic terrorists/separatists. Her hypocrisy is seriously outrageous. And her own husband was a long-time member of this association.

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Olberm...ties_1008.html
(You can just scroll down and click on the video.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xmt0rLtgmK0
(That's her on video praising that terrorist group for their "good work" and their leader explaining her affiliation with them and stating she WAS INDEED a member, as well.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2AiQ5ShYSU
(That's the CNN expose on her REAL, DOCUMENTED terrorist affiliation.


And she praised them, ON VIDEO, for their "good work". Can you believe that craziness?

It infuriates me that Obama/Biden didn't call her out on that. Thus far, it has been the press going crazy with that story and I keep wondering when is SHE going to be held accountable for her own actions??

She knows she's safe because Obama/Biden don't attack her as they don't want to be seen as "picking on a girl". This whole election has been a piece or work. Sexism and racism abound. I can't wait for the next election. And I'm praying that they'll bring a woman (liberal or conservative, I don't care...I'm a swing voter) who is savvy ass hell and knows her stuff. I am so praying for that because I want her to take these guys on, head-on, and just overshadow everyone with her intellect.

Contrary to what McCain thinks, those women, democrat AND republican, they DO exist.
Last Relaxer: October 2007
Transition Period: 1 Year
Final Big Chop: October 2008
Hair Type: 4A/3B/3A/4B WTH?



Another thing that bothers me about them using this word "terrorist" to invoke fear in Americans and make them blindly vote for them is this:

For that person (in this forum) that initially regurgitated those unfounded and outright lies of Palin's, I find it attrocious that you would exploit what happened in the US seven years ago to make us vote in your favor. You're trying to prey on our fears by using that word over and over again.

Why is this evident/obvious? Because if you really gave a damn about this country and the "threat of terrorism", then you WOULD NOT VOTE FOR A MAN (MCCAIN) WHO HAS A WOMAN ON HIS VP TICKET WHO WAS A MEMBER OF A TERRORIST ORGANIZATION.

SIMPLY PUT.


If you actually cared about the threat of terrorism, then you wouldn't even THINK of voting for Palin because she and her husband were proven, documented members of this terrorist organization (the AIP) and she's actually on tape PRAISING THEM for their good works.

And don't even get me STARTED on McCain's association with similar groups...PLEASE!!

So don't come to us with that BS about "terrorism". You're using a tragedy that affected millions to prey on our fears and get what you want. If that's not selfish and DISGUSTING...I don't know what is!
Last Relaxer: October 2007
Transition Period: 1 Year
Final Big Chop: October 2008
Hair Type: 4A/3B/3A/4B WTH?



Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com