Obama and Rashid Khalidi

Well, they couldn't do much damage with Rev. Wright or Ayers so now the McCain camp has Palin going after Obama's relationship with Rashid Khalidi.

Article from CNN.com


CNN's Factcheck

The Verdict: Misleading. While Khalidi eight years ago hosted a political fund-raiser for Obama, the two men strongly disagree over the Israeli-Palestinian issue and there's no evidence of a continuing political relationship.
What's John McCain's relationship with this guy? Hmmm
Everyone knows this is a distraction. McCain is looking pathetic. McCain also has associations with this Khalidi guy, but he knows the Obama campaign won't stoop as low as him.
Good God, is she going to start connecting him to Al Capone next? After all, he lived in Chicago too.

Not everyone can be fortunate enough to be from Nowheresville, USA and therefore not rub up against anyone of any consequence.
Minneapolis, MN
Everyone knows this is a distraction. McCain is looking pathetic. McCain also has associations with this Khalidi guy, but he knows the Obama campaign won't stoop as low as him.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves

Yep...McCain does have associations with him as well...

McCain also has ties to Khalidi through a group that Khalidi helped found 15 years ago. The Center for Palestine Research and Studies received at least $448,000 from an organization that McCain chairs. (excerpt from AP article)
I almost threw my ovaries at him. - Trenell


Desperate time call for desperate measures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fortunately for the Obama camp it just makes Obama look better because the McCain/Palin camp are just a bunch of dimwits.

I wonder why they just don't forfeit? This election belongs to Obama just give it up already!!!!!!
Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.

I wonder why they just don't forfeit? This election belongs to Obama just give it up already!!!!!!
Originally Posted by SarcasmIsBeauty

Wow! That sure is some kind of statement.......
This is funny. The story came out in April and they just start demanding the tape and calling liberal media bias suppression with less than one week to go. Pathetic.

I wonder why they just don't forfeit? This election belongs to Obama just give it up already!!!!!!
Originally Posted by SarcasmIsBeauty

Wow! That sure is some kind of statement.......
Originally Posted by misspam
I wasn't being serious f.y.i, I guess I probably should have inserted a smiley of some sort in that comment.
Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.

Last edited by SarcasmIsBeauty; 10-30-2008 at 01:48 PM.

I wonder why they just don't forfeit? This election belongs to Obama just give it up already!!!!!!
Originally Posted by SarcasmIsBeauty

Wow! That sure is some kind of statement.......
Originally Posted by misspam
I wasn't being serious f.y.i, I guess I probably should have inserted a smiley of some sort in that comment.
Originally Posted by SarcasmIsBeauty
hee! Yeah, I think a smiley would've gone a long way on that one.
Did anyone else catch the peanut butter and jelly joke? That was funny

Oh wait... does that mean I'm a socialist too for loaning out my paperclips here in the office? This is a slippery slope, this socialism stuff.
www.thenaturalknowitall.com

www.mixology101.ning.com
I'm luvin' my natural self FIRST!

"And if you don't want to be down with me, you don't want to pick from my appletree."-Erykah Badu





I don't get where they are going with this. So if anyone says anything bad about Israel, that makes someone a terrorist or Anti American is what I gather from that cnn article. I can kind of understand if its comments towards our own government but even then it is important to question your own government too and it doesn't make one less patriotic.
Check out this interview with Michael Goldberg, a McCain spokesperson with CNN reporter Rick Sanchez. Come on - they are getting desparate and look very hypocritical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCaOC..._n_139357.html

transcript:
SANCHEZ: Now, is the -- I need to parse this out as best I can from you, Michael. The fact that John McCain's organization gave $448,000 to this group that was founded by Mr. Khalidi, is there no reason for some to be critical of as well just as some might be critical of Barack Obama for being at a meeting with some girl read a poem for example?


GOLDFARB: Look. You are missing the point again, Rick. The point is that Barack Obama has a long track record of being around anti-Semitic and anti-Israel and anti-American rhetoric.
SANCHEZ: Can you name one other person besides Khalidi who he hangs around that is anti-Semitic?

GOLDFARB: Yes, he pals around with William Ayers.

SANCHEZ: No, no, the question I asked you is that can you name one other person who he hangs around with who is anti-Semitic? Because that is what you said.
GOLDFARB: Look, we know there are people who Barack Obama has been in hot water--
SANCHEZ: Michael, I asked you the name one person. One.
GOLDFARB: Rick --
SANCHEZ: You said he hangs around with people who are anti-Semitic. Okay. Khalidi and name other people that we all know about?
GOLDFARB: And rick, we both know who number two is.
SANCHEZ: Who? Would you tell us?
GOLDFARB: No, Rick, I think we all know who we are talking about here.
SANCHEZ: Somebody who is anti-Semitic that he hangs around with.
GOLDFARB: I think we all know who we are talking about.
SANCHEZ: Say it.
GOLDFARB: I think we all know who we're talking about, rick.
SANCHEZ: Well, you say that his policies differ from Barack Obama and many other people, and either way, we have the leave it at that.

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
password: curlzorwavez
Check out this interview with Michael Goldberg, a McCain spokesperson with CNN reporter Rick Sanchez. Come on - they are getting desparate and look very hypocritical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCaOC..._n_139357.html

transcript:
SANCHEZ: Now, is the -- I need to parse this out as best I can from you, Michael. The fact that John McCain's organization gave $448,000 to this group that was founded by Mr. Khalidi, is there no reason for some to be critical of as well just as some might be critical of Barack Obama for being at a meeting with some girl read a poem for example?


GOLDFARB: Look. You are missing the point again, Rick. The point is that Barack Obama has a long track record of being around anti-Semitic and anti-Israel and anti-American rhetoric.
SANCHEZ: Can you name one other person besides Khalidi who he hangs around that is anti-Semitic?

GOLDFARB: Yes, he pals around with William Ayers.

SANCHEZ: No, no, the question I asked you is that can you name one other person who he hangs around with who is anti-Semitic? Because that is what you said.
GOLDFARB: Look, we know there are people who Barack Obama has been in hot water--
SANCHEZ: Michael, I asked you the name one person. One.
GOLDFARB: Rick --
SANCHEZ: You said he hangs around with people who are anti-Semitic. Okay. Khalidi and name other people that we all know about?
GOLDFARB: And rick, we both know who number two is.
SANCHEZ: Who? Would you tell us?
GOLDFARB: No, Rick, I think we all know who we are talking about here.
SANCHEZ: Somebody who is anti-Semitic that he hangs around with.
GOLDFARB: I think we all know who we are talking about.
SANCHEZ: Say it.
GOLDFARB: I think we all know who we're talking about, rick.
SANCHEZ: Well, you say that his policies differ from Barack Obama and many other people, and either way, we have the leave it at that.
Originally Posted by wavezncurlz


I saw that! What an ass!!!

Do you think he was referring to anyone real when he said "we all know who it is"? Cause I can't think of who Obama might hang out with that is anti-semitic. I think he was just trying to dance his way out of that lie. I'm glad CNN called him on it. This line of attack is ridiculous, and desperate.
Check out this interview with Michael Goldberg, a McCain spokesperson with CNN reporter Rick Sanchez. Come on - they are getting desparate and look very hypocritical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCaOC..._n_139357.html

transcript:
SANCHEZ: Now, is the -- I need to parse this out as best I can from you, Michael. The fact that John McCain's organization gave $448,000 to this group that was founded by Mr. Khalidi, is there no reason for some to be critical of as well just as some might be critical of Barack Obama for being at a meeting with some girl read a poem for example?


GOLDFARB: Look. You are missing the point again, Rick. The point is that Barack Obama has a long track record of being around anti-Semitic and anti-Israel and anti-American rhetoric.
SANCHEZ: Can you name one other person besides Khalidi who he hangs around that is anti-Semitic?

GOLDFARB: Yes, he pals around with William Ayers.

SANCHEZ: No, no, the question I asked you is that can you name one other person who he hangs around with who is anti-Semitic? Because that is what you said.
GOLDFARB: Look, we know there are people who Barack Obama has been in hot water--
SANCHEZ: Michael, I asked you the name one person. One.
GOLDFARB: Rick --
SANCHEZ: You said he hangs around with people who are anti-Semitic. Okay. Khalidi and name other people that we all know about?
GOLDFARB: And rick, we both know who number two is.
SANCHEZ: Who? Would you tell us?
GOLDFARB: No, Rick, I think we all know who we are talking about here.
SANCHEZ: Somebody who is anti-Semitic that he hangs around with.
GOLDFARB: I think we all know who we are talking about.
SANCHEZ: Say it.
GOLDFARB: I think we all know who we're talking about, rick.
SANCHEZ: Well, you say that his policies differ from Barack Obama and many other people, and either way, we have the leave it at that.
Originally Posted by wavezncurlz


I saw that! What an ass!!!

Do you think he was referring to anyone real when he said "we all know who it is"? Cause I can't think of who Obama might hang out with that is anti-semitic. I think he was just trying to dance his way out of that lie. I'm glad CNN called him on it. This line of attack is ridiculous, and desperate.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
I don't think he was refering to anyone real. If Obama has been hanging out with anyone with anti-semitic views, the McCain camp wouldn't hesitate to name names.
Check out this interview with Michael Goldberg, a McCain spokesperson with CNN reporter Rick Sanchez. Come on - they are getting desparate and look very hypocritical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCaOC..._n_139357.html

transcript:
SANCHEZ: Now, is the -- I need to parse this out as best I can from you, Michael. The fact that John McCain's organization gave $448,000 to this group that was founded by Mr. Khalidi, is there no reason for some to be critical of as well just as some might be critical of Barack Obama for being at a meeting with some girl read a poem for example?


GOLDFARB: Look. You are missing the point again, Rick. The point is that Barack Obama has a long track record of being around anti-Semitic and anti-Israel and anti-American rhetoric.
SANCHEZ: Can you name one other person besides Khalidi who he hangs around that is anti-Semitic?

GOLDFARB: Yes, he pals around with William Ayers.

SANCHEZ: No, no, the question I asked you is that can you name one other person who he hangs around with who is anti-Semitic? Because that is what you said.
GOLDFARB: Look, we know there are people who Barack Obama has been in hot water--
SANCHEZ: Michael, I asked you the name one person. One.
GOLDFARB: Rick --
SANCHEZ: You said he hangs around with people who are anti-Semitic. Okay. Khalidi and name other people that we all know about?
GOLDFARB: And rick, we both know who number two is.
SANCHEZ: Who? Would you tell us?
GOLDFARB: No, Rick, I think we all know who we are talking about here.
SANCHEZ: Somebody who is anti-Semitic that he hangs around with.
GOLDFARB: I think we all know who we are talking about.
SANCHEZ: Say it.
GOLDFARB: I think we all know who we're talking about, rick.
SANCHEZ: Well, you say that his policies differ from Barack Obama and many other people, and either way, we have the leave it at that.
Originally Posted by wavezncurlz


I saw that! What an ass!!!

Do you think he was referring to anyone real when he said "we all know who it is"? Cause I can't think of who Obama might hang out with that is anti-semitic. I think he was just trying to dance his way out of that lie. I'm glad CNN called him on it. This line of attack is ridiculous, and desperate.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
I don't think he was refering to anyone real. If Obama has been hanging out with anyone with anti-semitic views, the McCain camp wouldn't hesitate to name names.
Originally Posted by truelady

Agreed - No hesitation whatsoever!

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
password: curlzorwavez
I'm going to adapt something RCW said on another thread (because it made me laugh so hard)

They're reaching. And it's looking sad.

Every day brings a new Hail Mary pass.
Did anyone else catch the peanut butter and jelly joke? That was funny

Oh wait... does that mean I'm a socialist too for loaning out my paperclips here in the office? This is a slippery slope, this socialism stuff.
Originally Posted by A_la_Nap-tural
Neither of those examples are socialistic. There is a difference between voluntarily giving something away, it's called charity, and being forced to give it away.

Assuming you buy your own supplies I don't think you would take kindly to having your boss force you to give your supplies to all your co-workers who may or may not be deserving of the supplies you bought with your hard-earned money.

Why people on this forum do not differentiate between a community pool of funds for roads and schools versus taking money from one tax bracket and giving it to another.

But to run with the lousy pbj analogy that on it's face is not socialistic. Here is my funny breakdown of something closer to an Obama PBJ policy.

Obama gives a Presidential Address on PBJ:
"Mr. Peanut has roasted million of nuts. Those are your peanuts. Mrs. Welch another greedy CEO has millions of grapes. I wasn't born with grapes, I couldn't go to school to learn how to tend to a vineyard. This is an example of Bush's failed economic policies. Greedy sandwich shops profit and do not give away enough pbj's. We have to make sure that people with more pbj's give to those who have less. Companies that import gourment peanut butter or jelly need to be punished for not creating jobs right here. People are starving out here. We cannot go on with the rich hoarding pbj's. Bush made it easier for the top 1% to make and eat pbj's. The middle class needs relief. With my fellow Democrats Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi, I propose a nationalization of the vineyards and peanut farms. Some people weren't born with knives to spread "the wealth" on to the bread. And others are too (insert excuse) to get off the couch and walk to the fridge, or go to the store. We cannot stand by when millions of people do not all get to enjoy the PBJ dream. "

The MSM then pours out with story after story on recalled bread and "starving" but overweight American children. Republican scream and whine that the Democrats are disregarding foundational economics for fuzzy feelings. But they are outnumbered and have been seen at fundraisers with Mr. Peanut and Mrs. Welch. The masses swoon, at least temporarily, eager to get a free lunch.

If you make your own pbj's, you don't have a right to eat it. Government eats half of all pbjs collected and made. They distribute sandwiches as they see fit because bureaucrats are so much "smarter an more efficient" than regular people. After the Democrats have taken over the pbj sandwich industry, all subsidized sandwiches have the crust eaten off.

"Greedy" sandwich shops are heavily taxed forcing them to raise the price of sandwiches and/or layoff their sandwich makers. Many businesses fail and are forced to close shop or move overseas. Americans are forced to wait in long bread lines for their subsidized sandwich. The sandwiches don't taste as good as they used to but it's a small price to pay for having President Obama.
My husband was watching Hannity and Colmes...and what's her name??? Ann Coulter was on it.
Ann Coulter was going on about how Obama ate with Khalidi. When Colmes asked her about McCain giving money, she said "well, that's different. That's one organization giving to another." He asked "how is that different?" She kept repeating herself.
If Khalidi is such a terrible guy (and he might be...I don't know anything about him), why did McCain's organization give to his organization? That seems worse than eating with the guy. She kept talking over him, and it almost sounded like she was going "la la la" (as in "la la la, I can't hear you!!!")

I don't know the whole story behind Obama's dealings or McCain's doings, but it seems very fishy to me. McCain obviously isn't squeeky clean on it. How much you want to bet that McCain told Palin not to talk about it (due to his dealings with the guy) and Palin brought it up anyways? Having two "mavericks" on the ticket can get a little difficult at times, can't it? LOL
That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.


3a/3b

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com