The basics of each candidate:

Can someone or everyone give me a short run-down on each candidate's stance on the following topics. I haven't really been watching anythign & want to make an informed decision.

Abortion
Education
Oil
Veterans
Healthcare
War
Economy
Housing Crises
Agriculture
Taxes

Just a one sentance summery would be great! I can't wait to see what everyone's view of the candidates is!! Coming from both parties, it shoudl be interesting.
A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
There is a really big internet out there. Why not research for yourself the answers to your questions? Each candidate has a website, you can start there.

It seems quite silly to expect others to do your homework for you. Besides, critical thinking is an important skill to develop.

There is a really big internet out there. Why not research for yourself the answers to your questions? Each candidate has a website, you can start there.

It seems quite silly to expect others to do your homework for you. Besides, critical thinking is an important skill to develop.
Originally Posted by oreosmakemehappy
Thank you. I couldn't figure out a way to say this without coming off uber b*tchy. YOu did it nicely.
"And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
Stolen.
Can someone or everyone give me a short run-down on each candidate's stance on the following topics. I haven't really been watching anythign & want to make an informed decision.

Abortion
Education
Oil
Veterans
Healthcare
War
Economy
Housing Crises
Agriculture
Taxes

Just a one sentance summery would be great! I can't wait to see what everyone's view of the candidates is!! Coming from both parties, it shoudl be interesting.
Originally Posted by shelli


I'll help you out: Vote Obama. McCain sucks, and Palin sucks worse (which matters because McCain is 100 years old).
Obama spent over 6 million on those 30 min "infommercials"! We are all very concerned for our economy if he really wanted to get votes he could have spent that money on "helping" the economy, not trying to win over the american people. I don't trust him as far as I can throw him.
3B
Beginner CG.
Currently using; MOP C-System Hydrating Conditioner (once a week), Aloeba Conditioner,CHS Curl Keeper, Jessicurl RR and CCSS, KBB Hair Milk (Sometimes)
Hopelessly Devoted to: My diffuser
Northern New Jersey by way of the South.

"In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
There is a really big internet out there. Why not research for yourself the answers to your questions? Each candidate has a website, you can start there.

It seems quite silly to expect others to do your homework for you. Besides, critical thinking is an important skill to develop.
Originally Posted by oreosmakemehappy
Thank you. I couldn't figure out a way to say this without coming off uber b*tchy. YOu did it nicely.
Originally Posted by MichelleBFT
It sounded *****y. I've just lost patience with this sort of thing.

There is a really big internet out there. Why not research for yourself the answers to your questions? Each candidate has a website, you can start there.

It seems quite silly to expect others to do your homework for you. Besides, critical thinking is an important skill to develop.
Originally Posted by oreosmakemehappy
Thank you. I couldn't figure out a way to say this without coming off uber b*tchy. YOu did it nicely.
Originally Posted by MichelleBFT
It sounded *****y. I've just lost patience with this sort of thing.
Originally Posted by oreosmakemehappy
Ok, well, yeah, but not uber *****y.
"And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
Stolen.
Obama spent over 6 million on those 30 min "infommercials"! We are all very concerned for our economy if he really wanted to get votes he could have spent that money on "helping" the economy, not trying to win over the american people. I don't trust him as far as I can throw him.
Originally Posted by southrncurls

That was money his supporters donated to him to finance his campaign. Speaking as a supporter who donated money to his campaign, I'm glad he spent it on campaigning and not a wardrobe for a candidate.

I'm just sayin'.
"And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
Stolen.
Obama spent over 6 million on those 30 min "infommercials"! We are all very concerned for our economy if he really wanted to get votes he could have spent that money on "helping" the economy, not trying to win over the american people. I don't trust him as far as I can throw him.
Originally Posted by southrncurls


As a black man, Obama is facing insurrmountable odds to become president. How exactly would he use money to help the economy if he can't get into office?!? If it takes more money than ever to get him into office, it will have been worth it.
Obama spent over 6 million on those 30 min "infommercials"! We are all very concerned for our economy if he really wanted to get votes he could have spent that money on "helping" the economy, not trying to win over the american people. I don't trust him as far as I can throw him.
Originally Posted by southrncurls

That was money his supporters donated to him to finance his campaign. Speaking as a supporter who donated money to his campaign, I'm glad he spent it on campaigning and not a wardrobe for a candidate.

I'm just sayin'.
Originally Posted by MichelleBFT
Do you realize how much Michelle spent on her wardrobe? I guess that doesn't matter to you. You are all quick to judge the Republicans because you think they are all going to be like Bush. Whatever! I don't know why I even try to give an opinion. Democrates can't be civil in a discussion. You are always negitive and want to put everyone down. I can't wait until the election is over so you will all get off your high horse!
3B
Beginner CG.
Currently using; MOP C-System Hydrating Conditioner (once a week), Aloeba Conditioner,CHS Curl Keeper, Jessicurl RR and CCSS, KBB Hair Milk (Sometimes)
Hopelessly Devoted to: My diffuser
Northern New Jersey by way of the South.

"In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
Obama spent over 6 million on those 30 min "infommercials"! We are all very concerned for our economy if he really wanted to get votes he could have spent that money on "helping" the economy, not trying to win over the american people. I don't trust him as far as I can throw him.
Originally Posted by southrncurls

That was money his supporters donated to him to finance his campaign. Speaking as a supporter who donated money to his campaign, I'm glad he spent it on campaigning and not a wardrobe for a candidate.

I'm just sayin'.
Originally Posted by MichelleBFT
Do you realize how much Michelle spent on her wardrobe? I guess that doesn't matter to you. You are all quick to judge the Republicans because you think they are all going to be like Bush. Whatever! I don't know why I even try to give an opinion. Democrates can't be civil in a discussion. You are always negitive and want to put everyone down. I can't wait until the election is over so you will all get off your high horse!
Originally Posted by southrncurls
Do you realize that the Obama's spent their own personal money on their clothing, for both themselves and their children, and not the money that their supporters sent them for campaigning?

Can you not see the difference there?
"And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
Stolen.
Obama spent over 6 million on those 30 min "infommercials"! We are all very concerned for our economy if he really wanted to get votes he could have spent that money on "helping" the economy, not trying to win over the american people. I don't trust him as far as I can throw him.
Originally Posted by southrncurls

That was money his supporters donated to him to finance his campaign. Speaking as a supporter who donated money to his campaign, I'm glad he spent it on campaigning and not a wardrobe for a candidate.

I'm just sayin'.
Originally Posted by MichelleBFT
Do you realize how much Michelle spent on her wardrobe? I guess that doesn't matter to you. You are all quick to judge the Republicans because you think they are all going to be like Bush. Whatever! I don't know why I even try to give an opinion. Democrates can't be civil in a discussion. You are always negitive and want to put everyone down. I can't wait until the election is over so you will all get off your high horse!
Originally Posted by southrncurls
and who's being negative, anyways? You're the one that brought up the fact that *gasp* Obama spent his campaign money on, you guessed it, CAMPAIGNING. Trying to make something that's logical into some weird defaming statement.
CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
Here's the deal with campaign money. There are rules for it's use even if he didn't accept the public finance money. It's not like he can just go and donate it somewhere. He has to spend it. Any money he doesn't spend will go back to the party and be distributed among state party apparati(same with McCain, I'm not sure if any goes back into the public finance fund). Why shouldn't he spend the money on large programming?

And actually the spending of the money on Palin doesn't bother me. It's the fact that it could be done for MUCH less and still look professional. Image is part of modern campaigning. But to be wearing designer labels while talking about being an average american is a bit disingenuous. Her image people should have known better.
Obama spent over 6 million on those 30 min "infommercials"! We are all very concerned for our economy if he really wanted to get votes he could have spent that money on "helping" the economy, not trying to win over the american people. I don't trust him as far as I can throw him.
Originally Posted by southrncurls

That was money his supporters donated to him to finance his campaign. Speaking as a supporter who donated money to his campaign, I'm glad he spent it on campaigning and not a wardrobe for a candidate.

I'm just sayin'.
Originally Posted by MichelleBFT
Do you realize how much Michelle spent on her wardrobe? I guess that doesn't matter to you. You are all quick to judge the Republicans because you think they are all going to be like Bush. Whatever! I don't know why I even try to give an opinion. Democrates can't be civil in a discussion. You are always negitive and want to put everyone down. I can't wait until the election is over so you will all get off your high horse!
Originally Posted by southrncurls
I don't think all Republicans will be like Bush. I've happily voted for my Republican senator because she is a good senator. If she were running I'd be much more undecided. Democrats can be very civil in a discussion. I've seen no name calling. Just a counterpoint to your argument.

I'm not up on any high horse. If you truly believe that McCain is the best option for our country than you are entitled to your opinion. I am entitled to mine that he will lead this country into an economic spiral we may never recover from.

For the record Michelle appeared on Leno the other night in an outfit from JCrew and has made public appearances in outfits that cost less than $200. Obama gets his shoes resoled when they wear out and clothing to the tailor to be mended instead of throwing it out.

His advertising purchase did help the economy. It paid the TV execs quite a bit (which theoretically pays the salaries of the underlings), the production people got work, editors, sound people, security at the rally, camera crews, etc. The networks also benefited from all those people tuning in. Look at all those people he helped by making that purchase. It's not like he said "hey guys I have all this money...howsabout I pay you this much." He has to pay market prices for advertising just like if he were a company like Ford or Nike. He just happens to have a lot of money to spend thanks to campaign contributions.
It's legal that McCain's campaign spent so much money on clothes, but it isn't wise. McCain has to run his campaign on a lot less money than Obama. It makes sense to use his money wisely, and he chose not to do so. In fact, he hasn't run a very effective campaign at all. I was truly an undecided up until a few weeks ago. I used to like McCain. He didn't do many interviews, which wouldn't have costed him anything. He didn't take advantage of that!!! He hushed Palin for the longest time...now, I understand why...but it looked fishy...like he was hiding something...and he was. He and Palin only have a few talking points...he would've been better off if he would've talked more about where he stands on certain issues.
Obama was guilty of that at first. I wasn't in on the "change" speeches...they were vague and seemed silly. But then he started going on interviews (like with O'Reilly...you don't have to like O'Reilly but it was a good interview!!!), he was more articulate (in my humble opinion) about his issues during the debates...he more likely attacked McCain's policies with a little bit about McCain as a person...while McCain more likely attacked Obama as a person with a little bit about his policies.

Both candidates have their own websites. It would be wise to read up on what they have to say about these important issues you are asking.

I am not against anyone voting for McCain. My husband is!!! Vote what your mind and "heart" tells you to vote. Most importantly, vote.

It's good to ask questions, but it's good to investigate it too. I'm not in 100 percent agreement with either candidate. In fact, I'm a moderate and there are a few things I'm more in agreement with McCain on...and then there are a few things I'm more in agreement with Obama on. I can totally understand why someone would vote for McCain. I'm concerned about his health and I'm not too thrilled about Palin, although I was at first.

It truly is an important election...and a first will be made no matter who wins. It's exciting!
That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.


3a/3b
Shelli's thread reminds me of something I heard a political scientist say on tv earlier this week: the candidates are still trying to woo the undecideds, but really, at this point, if someone is truly undecided, they are most likely not going to vote. They aren't really undecideds, they are uninteresteds.

What do you think?


Shelli's thread reminds me of something I heard a political scientist say on tv earlier this week: the candidates are still trying to woo the undecideds, but really, at this point, if someone is truly undecided, they are most likely not going to vote. They aren't really undecideds, they are uninteresteds.

What do you think?
Originally Posted by mad scientist
Oh, I agree totally. I cannot imagine someone not having a clue this close to the election.

And I like your new term, The Uninteresteds. That's good!
Abortion
Education
Oil
Veterans
Healthcare
War
Economy
Housing Crises
Agriculture
Taxes

Just a one sentance summery would be great!
Originally Posted by shelli


Do you really expect important issues like these to be distilled down to ONE sentence?!?!? No matter what Fox News would like you to believe, life is not a soundbite.
Shelli's thread reminds me of something I heard a political scientist say on tv earlier this week: the candidates are still trying to woo the undecideds, but really, at this point, if someone is truly undecided, they are most likely not going to vote. They aren't really undecideds, they are uninteresteds.

What do you think?
Originally Posted by mad scientist
At this point, the vast majority of undecideds must truly be uninterested.
shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com