Go Back   CurlTalk > Life > Politics

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2008, 08:37 AM   #21
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 6,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls View Post
I voted early, but was dropped from the lists and had to vote provisionally. I'm still ticked off since my vote really doesn't count for much now.
Why were you dropped from the voting list?
__________________


mad scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 08:44 AM   #22
 
redcelticcurls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,014
Send a message via Yahoo to redcelticcurls
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad scientist View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls View Post
I voted early, but was dropped from the lists and had to vote provisionally. I'm still ticked off since my vote really doesn't count for much now.
Why were you dropped from the voting list?
No one knew. I voted in the primary without incident.

I live in PA and vote in WV - which is fine since WV counts me as military and my car is still registered to WV. It could have something to do with the two state thing, but, then, I should have been kicked off for the primaries too.

The cynic in me says that I should just re-register as a Republican and then I may be less likely to be dropped.
__________________
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
redcelticcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:45 AM   #23
 
rosy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 76
Default

Grrr...I wish I could vote,period...but I'm only 16 and this election's driving me nuts!!
rosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:54 AM   #24
 
Curly Girl Fla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,005
Default

I went 3 times to vote early-the lines in my county are outrageous. I finally waited 3 hours and 17 minutes to vote yesterday. It was 2 hours to the door, then you got a ticket-I was #846 to vote that day.....glad I did it, though...interesting conversation in line .
Curly Girl Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:59 AM   #25
Speckla
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosy View Post
Grrr...I wish I could vote,period...but I'm only 16 and this election's driving me nuts!!
I feel you're frustration. I was 17 in 1992 - just two weeks shy of turning 18! I had to wait until I was 21 for the next election to roll around!!

Be patient and your turn will come.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:32 PM   #26
 
angela3213's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 72
Default

There is early voting in Virginia but I didn't qualify. I can't wait to vote.
__________________
About once a week - Condition with Curls Milkshake. Comb in Kinky Curly Leave In Conditioner & Kinky Curly Curling Custard after squeezing most of the water out of my hair. Use table top dryer for 10 minutes. Use diffuser for 10 minutes.
Daily - Lightly wet hair. Comb in a little Kinky Curly Curling Custard if needed. Use table top dryer for a few minutes or let air dry.
Shampoo - Only before straightening.
angela3213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:46 PM   #27
 
Josephine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 16,555
Default

I'm guilty of being lazy. We were able to vote about 3 weeks ago. And this last week they opened up even more locations to vote (at first it was just one place per county and this last week about 5 or 6). The lines were still long though - about 2 hours in my county and in some places 5-8 hours due to computer problems. So now I have to get up really early and vote Tuesday since I procrastinated. The good thing is my county had the highest early voter turnout. They say apparently 35% of voters in Ga have voted. So I'm hoping the lines won't be super long on Tuesday. A part of me did want to wait til election day though..
Josephine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:03 AM   #28
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,980
Default

I'm so excited I could pee! I LOVE voting. So yeah, I'm a nerd. But I'm VERY ok with that. We get a school holiday (university) for election day so I don't have to worry about getting up extra early.

I love living in a small state, we still have paper ballots and all the elderly historical society ladies work the polls. They are so nice! The hardest part about voting where I do is parking. Other than that there is plenty of room. And we're so low tech that when they check my name off I can see if my parents have voted and if not I call and bug them.

I'm just ready to vote and then Wednesday is my birthday sooo......lots of excitement this week. And hopefully the American people will see fit to give me one awesome birthday president!
KookyCurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:13 AM   #29
 
lazykerri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 941
Default

I voted early (in Illinois). I love the computer touch screen voting, but they should warn you that when it says "print", you don't get a printout!

I procrastinated and voted Thursday at my lunch break. It took about an hour total (35 minutes in line, 20 minutes or so to vote).

I wonder how the lines will be on election day. Anyone else who lives in a big city notice if the lines are usually long on election day? I've been told by a few people that they weren't last time, but I think they meant during the primary or some other election; they're expecting a huge turnout this year and a presidential election might involve longer lines, I would think.

__________________

~ Always naturally lazy and curly! ~

Photo album password: curly
Blog: lazykerri.wordpress.com
Curl Type: 3a Fii
Current Favorites:
  • Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner
  • Jessicurl Confident Coils
  • Rockin Ringlets, and
  • Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel
lazykerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:52 AM   #30
 
eche428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 2,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KookyCurl View Post
I'm so excited I could pee! I LOVE voting. So yeah, I'm a nerd. But I'm VERY ok with that. We get a school holiday (university) for election day so I don't have to worry about getting up extra early.

I love living in a small state, we still have paper ballots and all the elderly historical society ladies work the polls. They are so nice! The hardest part about voting where I do is parking. Other than that there is plenty of room. And we're so low tech that when they check my name off I can see if my parents have voted and if not I call and bug them.

I'm just ready to vote and then Wednesday is my birthday sooo......lots of excitement this week. And hopefully the American people will see fit to give me one awesome birthday president!
Hee, hee. Too cute!
__________________
< member since 2006. No idea where 1969 came from.
eche428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com