State of US Schools/Education

According to today's show, Oprah is finally aware of the dismal state of US education. I have written award-winning essays on this subject since 1989. She is more than fashionably late but thank goodness she finally arrived at the party. When her megaphone sounds, the call is always followed by some measure of progress.

Do a better job of covering your stinky aliass.
I'd be interested in reading your essays. Do you have any available?
There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
I'd be interested in reading your essays. Do you have any available?
Originally Posted by cynaminbear
LMAO! That's rich.
Code:
I love watching the changing of the guards.

Do a better job of covering your stinky aliass.
Why would that be funny? I home school my kids and I'm interested in what you researched.
There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
Why would that be funny? I home school my kids and I'm interested in what you researched.
Originally Posted by cynaminbear
LOL. OK. This is too rich for my time. You say you home school; so do you have issues with the US educational system? Would your interest be so sincere as to motivate you to respond to the OP? My interest in the subject motivated me to address the issue.



Because I don't play charades, I am providing copies of my full name, address, birth certificate, SS#, DL#, passport # and resume upon request. Anyone interested should use the KISS method and pm me for the 411.

Do a better job of covering your stinky aliass.
Dia,

I'm interested in what you have to say as a teacher. What are your thoughts on the tenure system? Do you think providing economic incentives would help in some districts? Or do you think is mainly an issue of structure/administrative agenda?
Dia,

I'm interested in what you have to say as a teacher. What are your thoughts on the tenure system? Do you think providing economic incentives would help in some districts? Or do you think is mainly an issue of structure/administrative agenda?
Originally Posted by earthlycoil
It is very telling that you pop in now as someone who doesn't generally post in this forum...and the games continue. If you are interested in more "Dia"postings on this subject, search under revenge thread in non-hair discussion but I am sure that you knew that already. SMH I can hardly wait to see what/who is next.



Code:
Trolls get dumber and dumber with each passing day.

Do a better job of covering your stinky aliass.
This is ridiculously funny. I popped in this thread because normally I'm at another hair forum which is down at the moment.

I don't play internet drama. Actually, I pmed dia and told her I posted a question so that she would come back and discuss her POV as a teacher. I specifically asked for Dia since she was the only one who identified herself as a teacher, but if there are any other teachers who have responded thus far, their opinions are welcomed as well. But, as I said, she was the only one who said she was a teacher and that's why I was interested. I don't know the history of your relationship with her and honestly, I don't care.

Dia, if you're reading this, just respond to my question via pm.

It's so weird to be attacked by someone you don't know for...nothing. I'm going back to the Duke rape thread...
WebjockeyGuide
Guest
Posts: n/a
Please stay on topic, and take care of the personal issues offline.
This is ridiculously funny. I popped in this thread because normally I'm at another hair forum which is down at the moment.

I don't play internet drama. Actually, I pmed dia and told her I posted a question so that she would come back and discuss her POV as a teacher. I specifically asked for Dia since she was the only one who identified herself as a teacher, but if there are any other teachers who have responded thus far, their opinions are welcomed as well. But, as I said, she was the only one who said she was a teacher and that's why I was interested. I don't know the history of your relationship with her and honestly, I don't care.

Dia, if you're reading this, just respond to my question via pm.

It's so weird to be attacked by someone you don't know for...nothing. I'm going back to the Duke rape thread...
Originally Posted by earthlycoil
I agree that these new found interests on this second page are ridiculous, in a pathetic way. This is almost as rich as the first. Sell the poop to someone dumb enough to buy it. With 78 posts at the time, I believe that this forum, which you don't frequent as *EC*, and only this thread caught your attention. It is commendable to try a cover save here but "ridiculous" to jump transparently to begin with. The code above is just fact.

Hint: If you really wanted her thoughts, then the PM would have been your first option since 1) *she* already gave her snark-laden thoughts on the first page and 2) *she* clearly posted that *she* was leaving this thread to never return. Apparently, you did not read her posts in this thread for which you have such sincere interest. SMH

Code:
Correction OT's (original trolls) and those requiring aliases are just dumb from onset.

Do a better job of covering your stinky aliass.
I apologize Webbie for contributing to this mess. My question was honest, but unfortunately, it will not be answered.

To ohura, I don't make things personal on the internet. I have a life. I don't know if you can do this on this site, but if you look at my post history, the vast majority of my posts have been about hair. Why is that? Because my hair has curly and kinky properties and I perfer to ask questions about my hair's curly properties on THIS site. I post about cultural, music, other life topics, etc. on another forum.

I've learned that before you accuse someone of "trolling" you should have hard proof. Trolls, or "aliases" as you like to call them, usually have a few (10-15) posts and the MAJORITY of them are involve inciting others. My posts have been about HAIR. I am clearly not a troll!

UNLESS... I registered on March 10th, 2005 FOURTEEN DAYS before you registered because I KNEW you would register. I had my plan to ask questions about my kinky curly hair, but that was just a front. I REALLY was awaiting the day to attack your US Schools thread on this day, April 14th, 2006.

THE PROPHESY HAS BEEN FULFILL!

Okay, I'm done. And Webbie, or any mod could tell you that I don't have the same IP address as dia. Last post! Peace! No hard feelings. Just chill with the conspiracy theories, okay?
I apologize Webbie for contributing to this mess. My question was honest, but unfortunately, it will not be answered.

To ohura, I don't make things personal on the internet. I have a life. I don't know if you can do this on this site, but if you look at my post history, the vast majority of my posts have been about hair. Why is that? Because my hair has curly and kinky properties and I perfer to ask questions about my hair's curly properties on THIS site. I post about cultural, music, other life topics, etc. on another forum.

I've learned that before you accuse someone of "trolling" you should have hard proof. Trolls, or "aliases" as you like to call them, usually have a few (10-15) posts and the MAJORITY of them are involve inciting others. My posts have been about HAIR. I am clearly not a troll!

UNLESS... I registered on March 10th, 2005 FOURTEEN DAYS before you registered because I KNEW you would register. I had my plan to ask questions about my kinky curly hair, but that was just a front. I REALLY was awaiting the day to attack your US Schools thread on this day, April 14th, 2006.

THE PROPHESY HAS BEEN FULFILL!

Okay, I'm done. And Webbie, or any mod could tell you that I don't have the same IP address as dia. Last post! Peace! No hard feelings. Just chill with the conspiracy theories, okay?
Originally Posted by earthlycoil
Oh, the "conspiracy theory" line...where have I heard that one before, misss innocent bystander.

At least you can rest asssured that your PM was received. No, of course not, you don't like drama. You are walking truth serum. I thought you said you were leaving this thread again in the last post. So much for honesty. I don't accuse but it has already been demostrated that there is too much convolution, lying, and creating one-sided stories around the web so again sell the poop elsewhere. I prefer to deal in facts.

No, you don't like drama. Yes, your questions were genuine. Yes, you said good-bye before this current post. Yes, you sent a PM. LMAO!

Do a better job of covering your stinky aliass.
WebjockeyGuide
Guest
Posts: n/a
Um.... what did I just post?

Topic please.

Or it will have to be shut down.

honest.
Um.... what did I just post?

Topic please.

Or it will have to be shut down.

honest.
Originally Posted by WebjockeyGuide
Um...That is the goal. This tired trend is standard fare with my threads. So much so that it is predictable.

Save me the trouble of the remaining forthcoming song & dance and close the thread already. Thanks in advance.

Nonetheless, the US education system is in a dismal state

Do a better job of covering your stinky aliass.
I'd like to respond to your request for me to answer the original questions, but I don't have experience with the local school district. I'm more interested in learning what others have to say about these questions. I took calc in high school, but it was in a different district. I don't have a frame of reference with which to compare anything school related.
I can answer that for us, I will be teaching my kids advanced math, including calculus, during high school or whenever they're ready for it. They're currently learning geometry in 6th grade, which is 4 years before I had the same class.
There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com