Obama's Birth Certificate

Funny thing is...the Constitution doesn't stipulate what "natural born citizen" actually means. If one wants to be an ass, one could contend that anyone born by cesarian section isn't "natural born". Or if mommy had an epidural. Oops, sorry Mr/Ms Candidate, you mother had drugs during your delivery, so you can't be president.

The dirt diggers found a newspaper birth announcement from 1961 in a Hawaii newspaper with his parent's address. Kalanianaole Hwy? Sure sounds like a Hawaiian address to me. There is such an address listed in Honolulu. I googled it. Maybe his parents were clairvoyant and placed the ad just in case he wanted to be president someday. How forward thinking of them. They must have been in on the conspiracy.



Honestly, drop the nonsense, you're looking foolish.
quite frankly, I think it should be left alone. If there wasn't anything made of it when he was running, and by that I mean , if it wasn't clearly found that he wasn't a citizen before, it shouldn't be drudged up again.
He's President now, let's see how he fares.
yogawaves, formerly known as yogagirl
This is just silly. Seriously.

From http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_citi.html

"Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)"

So even if we're trying to argue that he wasn't born in the US (which is bunk, but hey, I'll play), his mother was a born-and-bred Kansas girl. Endgame.

US Code Title 8, section 1401 defines Constitutional natural-born citizenship. It's not vague nonsense, which is why the cases being filed have no merit. The people filing them should be ashamed of wasting taxpayer money pursuing this tripe.
"And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
Stolen.
^^^^One of the cases though says that his Mom wasn't citizen because she was so young when he was born.

Does anyone know if either of the Bush presidents had to show their vault copy of their birth certificate? If I were Obama, I would go to the vault to make sure then not show the kind people asking for it.
^^^^One of the cases though says that his Mom wasn't citizen because she was so young when he was born.

Does anyone know if either of the Bush presidents had to show their vault copy of their birth certificate? If I were Obama, I would go to the vault to make sure then not show the kind people asking for it.
Originally Posted by Myradella3
Age hasn't got anything to do with citizenship. If you're born a citizen, you're a citizen. If you procreate as a citizen, your kids are citizens.
"And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
Stolen.
This type of stuff just annoys the CRAP outta me! Why are they allowed to waste my $ making the supreme court look at cases like this?? WHYYYY? Any $ spent on this case by the US Government should be charged back to the people who are bringing this foolishness up.
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
I think there are just some people out there who want so badly for for Obama to be proven to not be natural born .


Blog
I think there are just some people out there who want so badly for for Obama to be proven to not be natural born .
Originally Posted by Trenell
I don't think it's really even about his citizenship, I think it's about hating him for whatever reason and grabbing at whatever minuscule straw to discredit him. It's pathetic.
"And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
Stolen.
Honestly I don't care one way or the other, I just want the rule to be set, so there are no questions.
It's a relatively moot point anyway because if they somehow convince people it's true and they declare him unfit to serve the Vice-Pres. elect will take office and serve out that elected term. We won't have new elections nor will Congress appoint someone.

[/I]Section 3 of the 20th Amendment:

3. If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died, the Vice President elect shall become President. If a President shall not have been chosen before the time fixed for the beginning of his term, or if the President elect shall have failed to qualify, then the Vice President elect shall act as President until a President shall have qualified; and the Congress may by law provide for the case wherein neither a President elect nor a Vice President elect shall have qualified, declaring who shall then act as President, or the manner in which one who is to act shall be selected, and such person shall act accordingly until a President or Vice President shall have qualified.[/I]


So basically Joe would take over and I'm willing to bet Congress would find him fit to serve and appoint him President (as fulfilling the voice of the people who are already exausted from a long election cycle and probably wouldn't stand for another one).

Anyway....it's moot point and I completely agree that it's a waste of Supreme Court time and money. But maybe they just want to put the issue to bed in a time of increasing immigration and such so choose to use this as a time to make an early interpretation. Either way I don't anticipate it going anyway other than smoothly. Obama himself is a Constitutional Scholar. If he thought there would be any question as to his citizenship he probably wouldn't have run.
This has been floating around the Internet for over a year. While the RNC might have been too stupid do make it a public issue, no way the Clintons would have let this slip by had it had any real credibility. Even if he was born overseas, his mother's citizenship gave him citizenship.

Please note that I'm not flaming you, I just don't think this has any legs. But it will be fun to see how many people think it does.
Originally Posted by Myradella3
That's what I was going to say. I thought that was a widely known fact? Guess not (no offense to the OP).
Originally Posted by curlyjenn10
I know it doesn't matter any more because he won but did you guys take American Government? Unless the law has changed in the last 5 years in order to be the President of the United States you MUST have been born in AMERICA! Not just a US citizen. I'm not saying he wasn't born him I'm just stating a fact!
3B
Beginner CG.
Currently using; MOP C-System Hydrating Conditioner (once a week), Aloeba Conditioner,CHS Curl Keeper, Jessicurl RR and CCSS, KBB Hair Milk (Sometimes)
Hopelessly Devoted to: My diffuser
Northern New Jersey by way of the South.

"In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
let it freakin' go already. The man is going to be the next president. It's over now. Let it go. Perhaps a nice sewing class will help get your mind off of it. Painting, perhaps? Nicotine gum? Heck..I don't know. But it's time to let go.
I know it doesn't matter any more because he won but did you guys take American Government? Unless the law has changed in the last 5 years in order to be the President of the United States you MUST have been born in AMERICA! Not just a US citizen. I'm not saying he wasn't born him I'm just stating a fact!
Originally Posted by southrncurls

Well that would put McCain out for sure now wouldn't it. I agree with Michelle BFT, people just want to find a "valid" reason to hate/dislike him. You see, the hatred or dislike is already there, now they need to justify it.

Just an FYI-Wiki describes a natural-born citizen as this:

a citizen from birth - but not necessarily born in the USA, which is a common misconception
So in the event that he wasn't born on U.S. soil, citizenship was extended to him through his mother. Bottom line: He'd still qualify regardless of how you'd like to spin this. How do you say it again Michelle....ENDGAME! Yes, indeed, game over.
www.thenaturalknowitall.com

www.mixology101.ning.com
I'm luvin' my natural self FIRST!

"And if you don't want to be down with me, you don't want to pick from my appletree."-Erykah Badu





This has been floating around the Internet for over a year. While the RNC might have been too stupid do make it a public issue, no way the Clintons would have let this slip by had it had any real credibility. Even if he was born overseas, his mother's citizenship gave him citizenship.

Please note that I'm not flaming you, I just don't think this has any legs. But it will be fun to see how many people think it does.
Originally Posted by Myradella3
That's what I was going to say. I thought that was a widely known fact? Guess not (no offense to the OP).
Originally Posted by curlyjenn10
I know it doesn't matter any more because he won but did you guys take American Government? Unless the law has changed in the last 5 years in order to be the President of the United States you MUST have been born in AMERICA! Not just a US citizen. I'm not saying he wasn't born him I'm just stating a fact!
Originally Posted by southrncurls
I thought McCain was born in Panama.
Wavy, curly on the ends, 2C.
Coarse to medium textured, porous, dry, and lots of it.
Shampoo--HSH Pumpkin, Abba Pure Moisture
LVPNG, HSH Pumpkin, Walgreen's Knockoffs--Condish/Cowash
AOHR, Nexxus, EO--LI
CK & ReCoil--Activator
Suave Max Hold, Alagio Curl-Gel
For inquiring minds who want to know:
http://www.public.fotki.com/TillyErnissee
Where would his mother have been, anyway, when she had him? She was a young girl in college. Why would she leave the country to have her child? Just curious.
Wavy, curly on the ends, 2C.
Coarse to medium textured, porous, dry, and lots of it.
Shampoo--HSH Pumpkin, Abba Pure Moisture
LVPNG, HSH Pumpkin, Walgreen's Knockoffs--Condish/Cowash
AOHR, Nexxus, EO--LI
CK & ReCoil--Activator
Suave Max Hold, Alagio Curl-Gel
For inquiring minds who want to know:
http://www.public.fotki.com/TillyErnissee
This has been floating around the Internet for over a year. While the RNC might have been too stupid do make it a public issue, no way the Clintons would have let this slip by had it had any real credibility. Even if he was born overseas, his mother's citizenship gave him citizenship.

Please note that I'm not flaming you, I just don't think this has any legs. But it will be fun to see how many people think it does.
Originally Posted by Myradella3
That's what I was going to say. I thought that was a widely known fact? Guess not (no offense to the OP).
Originally Posted by curlyjenn10
I know it doesn't matter any more because he won but did you guys take American Government? Unless the law has changed in the last 5 years in order to be the President of the United States you MUST have been born in AMERICA! Not just a US citizen. I'm not saying he wasn't born him I'm just stating a fact!
Originally Posted by southrncurls
And from what source are you getting your information? Because the Constitution says, "No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President;" and Title 8 of the US Code (section 1401) clarifies who is a natural born citizens, including people born on US soil and people born to US citizens (depending on the residency of those citizens.

If you really really really think Obama wasn't born in the US despite the evidence that he was, then you must concede that his mother was born in the US, and had lived in the US for more than 5 years ("Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years"), and he is therefore he was a citizen at birth and therefore a Natural Born Citizen.

Period.

ETA that if I recall correctly you were a McCain supporter. By your logic, McCain wouldn't be a citizen either, having been born (as others have mentioned) in Panama.
"And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
Stolen.

Last edited by MichelleBFT; 12-05-2008 at 09:56 AM.

That's what I was going to say. I thought that was a widely known fact? Guess not (no offense to the OP).
Originally Posted by curlyjenn10
I know it doesn't matter any more because he won but did you guys take American Government? Unless the law has changed in the last 5 years in order to be the President of the United States you MUST have been born in AMERICA! Not just a US citizen. I'm not saying he wasn't born him I'm just stating a fact!
Originally Posted by southrncurls
I thought McCain was born in Panama.
Originally Posted by ~TillyWave~
On a military base, and in that case both his parents were citizens. If Obama's mother is a citizen there is no question. If they are going to say you must be born in the continental U.S. including HI and AK, then barring Obama being born outside the country, he's still eligible.

I have a question though, do military bases located in other countries count as "American soil"? I thought I had heard something about if a crime is committed on a military base in another country, it was still "American soil". Am I wrong in that assumption?
I think that's true Amanda. I'm pretty sure its part of the agreements worked out by when the countries let us have bases there. I know American embassies in other countries are considered American soil.
Regarding military bases, I think it depends on the specific base and what the relationship is like between the US military and the country they're in. But as a general rule, I do believe bases are considered American soil.
"And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
Stolen.
quite frankly, I think it should be left alone. If there wasn't anything made of it when he was running, and by that I mean , if it wasn't clearly found that he wasn't a citizen before, it shouldn't be drudged up again.
He's President now, let's see how he fares.
Originally Posted by yogagirl
Actually the lawsuits have occurred when he was running. The problem has been a question of who has standing and does Obama's action cause personal injury to the person suing. That is why they are now up for the Supreme Court. Specifically Donofrio because NJ laws are different and he does have standing. If you follow the cases you will see they did not happen overnight. No one has been able to confirm his citizenship because he has refused to show proof of it. In fact he has hired 3 law firms and spent over a million dollars to avoid the issue. It's so nice to see you have little concern for that piece of paper called the constitution. And fail to see what problems lie down the road if he was found unfit.

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com