Obama's Birth Certificate


I know it doesn't matter any more because he won but did you guys take American Government? Unless the law has changed in the last 5 years in order to be the President of the United States you MUST have been born in AMERICA! Not just a US citizen. I'm not saying he wasn't born him I'm just stating a fact!
Originally Posted by southrncurls
I thought McCain was born in Panama.
Originally Posted by ~TillyWave~
On a military base, and in that case both his parents were citizens. If Obama's mother is a citizen there is no question. If they are going to say you must be born in the continental U.S. including HI and AK, then barring Obama being born outside the country, he's still eligible.

I have a question though, do military bases located in other countries count as "American soil"? I thought I had heard something about if a crime is committed on a military base in another country, it was still "American soil". Am I wrong in that assumption?
Originally Posted by Amandacurls
I don't think it matters even if he was born outside the US - his mother was a citizen so he is too.

see below - now I am not sure.
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Last edited by xcptnl; 12-05-2008 at 09:31 AM.
I found this - is the issue that only his mom was US citizen so if he was born outside the US there could be an issue because I cannot recall if his father was a US citizen or not. I still think it's a load of bullpooey but just thought I would share.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/thepre...resrequire.htm
  • Only native-born U.S. citizens (or those born abroad, but only to parents who were both citizens of the U.S.) may be president of the United States, though from time to time that requirement is called into question, most recently after Arnold Schwarzenegger, born in Austria, was elected governor of California, in 2003. The Constitution originally provided a small loophole to this provision: One needn't have been born in the United States but had to be a citizen at the time the Constitution was adopted. But, since that occurred in 1789, that ship has sailed.
  • One must also be at least 35 years of age to be president. John F. Kennedy was the youngest person to be elected president; he was 43 years old when he was inaugurated in 1961. There is no maximum age limit set forth in the Constitution. Ronald Reagan was the oldest president; at the end of his term in 1988, he was nearly 77.
  • Finally, one must live in the United States for at least 14 years to be president, in addition to being a natural-born citizen. The Constitution is vague on this point. For example, it does not make clear whether those 14 years need to be consecutive or what the precise definition of residency is. So far, however, this requirement has not been challenged.
These are the only explicit criteria in the Constitution.
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

I thought McCain was born in Panama.
Originally Posted by ~TillyWave~
On a military base, and in that case both his parents were citizens. If Obama's mother is a citizen there is no question. If they are going to say you must be born in the continental U.S. including HI and AK, then barring Obama being born outside the country, he's still eligible.

I have a question though, do military bases located in other countries count as "American soil"? I thought I had heard something about if a crime is committed on a military base in another country, it was still "American soil". Am I wrong in that assumption?
Originally Posted by Amandacurls
I don't think it matters even if he was born outside the US - his mother was a citizen so he is too.
Originally Posted by xcptnl
I'm not debating that, but if someone/the law is going to interpret the constitution to mean only those born within the continental U.S. and Obama wasn't then he'd be out, so would McCain.
Funny thing is...the Constitution doesn't stipulate what "natural born citizen" actually means. If one wants to be an ass, one could contend that anyone born by cesarian section isn't "natural born". Or if mommy had an epidural. Oops, sorry Mr/Ms Candidate, you mother had drugs during your delivery, so you can't be president.

The dirt diggers found a newspaper birth announcement from 1961 in a Hawaii newspaper with his parent's address. Kalanianaole Hwy? Sure sounds like a Hawaiian address to me. There is such an address listed in Honolulu. I googled it. Maybe his parents were clairvoyant and placed the ad just in case he wanted to be president someday. How forward thinking of them. They must have been in on the conspiracy.



Honestly, drop the nonsense, you're looking foolish.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
Actually the constitution through several amendments elucidates what natural born citizen means as does common law and several previous supreme court cases. So who is the foolish one? I'm ignoring your c-section and epidural comments, and conspiracy comments because they are without merit or worth dignifying. They are also distractions from the simple issue set forth. We see the original birth certificate and put most of the rumors to rest. We ensure he meets the requirements and he's sworn in. He could have done this almost a year ago but has refused. More lawsuits have developed because more inconsistencies come to light. And he has created the air of suspicion through his evasions.

Again an announcement is not proof of natural born citizenship. My friend's grandparents put a birth announcement in their paper when their granddaughter was born. It means nothing, and if you've ever had a job where a birth certificate is required to be seen before working. Just try going there with a birth announcement in a newspaper and see how far you get. Nowhere. It just does not pass muster.

American naturalization laws have evolved and are different in the various states. There are three types of citizenship. I would suggest the people posting here what is and is not, go back to the actual law and read what the distinctions and dates actually are. They hold more weight than your highschool teacher or wikipedia.

You also seem to be missing the point that Hawaii allows for the holding of the foreign born birth certificates and will print a certification of live birth. I know you love your candidate and I won't hold that against you. I have no problem with Obama being president as he won the electoral and popular vote. But if he is found to be defrauding the American public by not meeting constitutional requirements that he not only needs to step down but in my opinion be put in prison. It's completely unacceptable.

Anyone who thinks this is sour grapes to make a candidate hold themselves accountable to the constitution is seriously deluding themselves. This is a very simple matter. And the cavalier disregard some people have about this issue is almost more disturbing to me than the idea that Obama could be lying about his natural born citizenship status.

As I've said three times already. If there is nothing there, then there is no need to worry. I would hope you respect your country enough to hold your elected officials accountable to the laws and standards set forth.
I found this - is the issue that only his mom was US citizen so if he was born outside the US there could be an issue because I cannot recall if his father was a US citizen or not. I still think it's a load of bullpooey but just thought I would share.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/thepre...resrequire.htm
  • Only native-born U.S. citizens (or those born abroad, but only to parents who were both citizens of the U.S.) may be president of the United States, though from time to time that requirement is called into question, most recently after Arnold Schwarzenegger, born in Austria, was elected governor of California, in 2003. The Constitution originally provided a small loophole to this provision: One needn't have been born in the United States but had to be a citizen at the time the Constitution was adopted. But, since that occurred in 1789, that ship has sailed.
  • One must also be at least 35 years of age to be president. John F. Kennedy was the youngest person to be elected president; he was 43 years old when he was inaugurated in 1961. There is no maximum age limit set forth in the Constitution. Ronald Reagan was the oldest president; at the end of his term in 1988, he was nearly 77.
  • Finally, one must live in the United States for at least 14 years to be president, in addition to being a natural-born citizen. The Constitution is vague on this point. For example, it does not make clear whether those 14 years need to be consecutive or what the precise definition of residency is. So far, however, this requirement has not been challenged.
These are the only explicit criteria in the Constitution.
Originally Posted by xcptnl
His father was a Kenyan Luo. The British East African Protectorate which we now know as Kenya did not gain independence until 1963. Which would leave Obama Sr. subject to British citizenship rules and regulations
Funny thing is...the Constitution doesn't stipulate what "natural born citizen" actually means. If one wants to be an ass, one could contend that anyone born by cesarian section isn't "natural born". Or if mommy had an epidural. Oops, sorry Mr/Ms Candidate, you mother had drugs during your delivery, so you can't be president.

The dirt diggers found a newspaper birth announcement from 1961 in a Hawaii newspaper with his parent's address. Kalanianaole Hwy? Sure sounds like a Hawaiian address to me. There is such an address listed in Honolulu. I googled it. Maybe his parents were clairvoyant and placed the ad just in case he wanted to be president someday. How forward thinking of them. They must have been in on the conspiracy.



Honestly, drop the nonsense, you're looking foolish.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
Actually the constitution through several amendments elucidates what natural born citizen means as does common law and several previous supreme court cases. So who is the foolish one? I'm ignoring your c-section and epidural comments, and conspiracy comments because they are without merit or worth dignifying. They are also distractions from the simple issue set forth. We see the original birth certificate and put most of the rumors to rest. We ensure he meets the requirements and he's sworn in. He could have done this almost a year ago but has refused. More lawsuits have developed because more inconsistencies come to light. And he has created the air of suspicion through his evasions.

Again an announcement is not proof of natural born citizenship. My friend's grandparents put a birth announcement in their paper when their granddaughter was born. It means nothing, and if you've ever had a job where a birth certificate is required to be seen before working. Just try going there with a birth announcement in a newspaper and see how far you get. Nowhere. It just does not pass muster.

American naturalization laws have evolved and are different in the various states. There are three types of citizenship. I would suggest the people posting here what is and is not, go back to the actual law and read what the distinctions and dates actually are. They hold more weight than your highschool teacher or wikipedia.

You also seem to be missing the point that Hawaii allows for the holding of the foreign born birth certificates and will print a certification of live birth. I know you love your candidate and I won't hold that against you. I have no problem with Obama being president as he won the electoral and popular vote. But if he is found to be defrauding the American public by not meeting constitutional requirements that he not only needs to step down but in my opinion be put in prison. It's completely unacceptable.

Anyone who thinks this is sour grapes to make a candidate hold themselves accountable to the constitution is seriously deluding themselves. This is a very simple matter. And the cavalier disregard some people have about this issue is almost more disturbing to me than the idea that Obama could be lying about his natural born citizenship status.

As I've said three times already. If there is nothing there, then there is no need to worry. I would hope you respect your country enough to hold your elected officials accountable to the laws and standards set forth.
Originally Posted by CottonCandyCurls


You're grasping at straws with this not-a-citizen thing, hoping Obama won't be sworn in, and now you want him in jail? Wow...you really hate the guy. I understand though...I hate Bush just as much and would have loved if he hadn't ever been sworn in, no matter the ridiculousness of the reason.

The newspaper announcement does offer some proof that Obama was born in Hawaii. Have you seen the Donofrio case "proof"? The only thing they're offering is affidavits from two whacko preachers saying they were in Obama's Kenyan grandmother's house when she said that she was present at Obama's birth. Do you really think we should put the president-elect in jail with that?

I don't think the Supreme Court will even hear the case. I think they are deciding on Monday whether it has merit or not. Let's check back on this thread then so I can say I-told-you-so.
Funny thing is...the Constitution doesn't stipulate what "natural born citizen" actually means. If one wants to be an ass, one could contend that anyone born by cesarian section isn't "natural born". Or if mommy had an epidural. Oops, sorry Mr/Ms Candidate, you mother had drugs during your delivery, so you can't be president.

The dirt diggers found a newspaper birth announcement from 1961 in a Hawaii newspaper with his parent's address. Kalanianaole Hwy? Sure sounds like a Hawaiian address to me. There is such an address listed in Honolulu. I googled it. Maybe his parents were clairvoyant and placed the ad just in case he wanted to be president someday. How forward thinking of them. They must have been in on the conspiracy.



Honestly, drop the nonsense, you're looking foolish.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
Actually the constitution through several amendments elucidates what natural born citizen means as does common law and several previous supreme court cases. So who is the foolish one? I'm ignoring your c-section and epidural comments, and conspiracy comments because they are without merit or worth dignifying. They are also distractions from the simple issue set forth. We see the original birth certificate and put most of the rumors to rest. We ensure he meets the requirements and he's sworn in. He could have done this almost a year ago but has refused. More lawsuits have developed because more inconsistencies come to light. And he has created the air of suspicion through his evasions.

Again an announcement is not proof of natural born citizenship. My friend's grandparents put a birth announcement in their paper when their granddaughter was born. It means nothing, and if you've ever had a job where a birth certificate is required to be seen before working. Just try going there with a birth announcement in a newspaper and see how far you get. Nowhere. It just does not pass muster.

American naturalization laws have evolved and are different in the various states. There are three types of citizenship. I would suggest the people posting here what is and is not, go back to the actual law and read what the distinctions and dates actually are. They hold more weight than your highschool teacher or wikipedia.

You also seem to be missing the point that Hawaii allows for the holding of the foreign born birth certificates and will print a certification of live birth. I know you love your candidate and I won't hold that against you. I have no problem with Obama being president as he won the electoral and popular vote. But if he is found to be defrauding the American public by not meeting constitutional requirements that he not only needs to step down but in my opinion be put in prison. It's completely unacceptable.

Anyone who thinks this is sour grapes to make a candidate hold themselves accountable to the constitution is seriously deluding themselves. This is a very simple matter. And the cavalier disregard some people have about this issue is almost more disturbing to me than the idea that Obama could be lying about his natural born citizenship status.

As I've said three times already. If there is nothing there, then there is no need to worry. I would hope you respect your country enough to hold your elected officials accountable to the laws and standards set forth.
Originally Posted by CottonCandyCurls


You're grasping at straws with this not-a-citizen thing, hoping Obama won't be sworn in, and now you want him in jail? Wow...you really hate the guy. I understand though...I hate Bush just as much and would have loved if he hadn't ever been sworn in, no matter the ridiculousness of the reason.

The newspaper announcement does offer some proof that Obama was born in Hawaii. Have you seen the Donofrio case "proof"? The only thing they're offering is affidavits from two whacko preachers saying they were in Obama's Kenyan grandmother's house when she said that she was present at Obama's birth. Do you really think we should put the president-elect in jail with that?

I don't think the Supreme Court will even hear the case. I think they are deciding on Monday whether it has merit or not. Let's check back on this thread then so I can say I-told-you-so.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
I'm not grasping at straws and I don't hate the guy. Asking someone to meet a requirement for a job is grasping at straws? In what universe. You're really getting ridiculous here and I'd like you to stop projecting your own issues onto me. You can also stop making ad hominem attacks.

I said if he was found to be doing X, then Y action is appropriate. It is nothing personal. The American public made their decision, but that doesn't mean we shred the constitution. And you can reread what I have written seeing as how you continue to cherry pick. I've also said several times it would be in his interest to settle the matter and eliminate all the doubts and suspicion. A constitutional crisis would not bode well for his party or the country. There are 16+ cases and new ones continue to be filed. I doubt this will end anytime soon if the air of suspicion continues to linger.

Last edited by CottonCandyCurls; 12-05-2008 at 10:22 AM.
I soooo wish these loones and nut bags would stop wasting my tax dollars *sigh*

Let's put our thinking caps on here folks...

All of the "major" canidates for president each election cycle are vetted by both the FBI and CIA. Heck as a Senator, to hold some committee positions, you have to go through the same vetting process and security clearance checks. As someone who has gone through the process of getting a security clearance while a past federal employee, TRUST me when I say that if there is something to find, they will find it. Remember when that story came out early in the primary season about someone at releasing information about his passport and his international travels....uh yeah...that was during his vetting process.

In the past, there have been presidents that were not given critical security information by the military, FBI and CIA because some of thier staff members were deemed a security threat (they themselves passed all security requirements).

At this point, Obama has been briefed on the interworkings of the US military operations, finanical crisis, and god only knows what else (and I'm not talking about the little **** that we get on the news). Do you REALLY think that the CIA, FBI, and military would be turning over this information if he had not been THROUGHLY checked out, including his birth records?

Not only that, of those 15 or so cases that have been brought with these alligations, the Supreme Court has thrown the vast majority of them out. Even now, the case that the Supreme Court is meeting to determine if they will hear the case is NOT about his birth certificate or even his citizenship, as BOTH of those have already been established. He IS an American citizen, and he WAS born in Hawaii as deemed by the Supreme Court when they dismissed all these earlier cases. Heck the attorney bring this case even concedes that Obama was born in Hawaii and is an American citizen.

This case, is about the fact that even though he was born on American soil (hawaii) he is STILL not eligible to be president (here is where the loony part comes in). Mr. Donofrio argues, that Obama was a British citizen at birth due to his father's British citizenship (Kenya was a colony of Britian at the time of Obama's birth). So basicly, the argument is that even though he was born in the US, his daddy was a foreigner, so he *CAN'T* be president (anyone else disgusted at this mess?!?!?!).

Here is why I think that the Supreme court will refuse to hear this case...
1. The man was born on American soil (hawaii) and is therefore an American citizen and meets all other requirements to hold the position.
2. As far as I know, there is no stimulation on dual citizenship and the presidency of the US ( assuming that he even has dual citizenship soley based on his fathers citizenship)

*sigh* I just wish that people would let this go. seriously. He won...was elected by the people. After the Supreme court decided the last 2 presidental elections, I really hope they stay out of this one!!!
Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!
_____________________________
I like my men and my hair....KINKY!!!!
_____________________________
Wanna save $10 off your next purchase at vitacost.com? Use my referal code (click the link)!



Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Actually the constitution through several amendments elucidates what natural born citizen means as does common law and several previous supreme court cases. So who is the foolish one? I'm ignoring your c-section and epidural comments, and conspiracy comments because they are without merit or worth dignifying. They are also distractions from the simple issue set forth. We see the original birth certificate and put most of the rumors to rest. We ensure he meets the requirements and he's sworn in. He could have done this almost a year ago but has refused. More lawsuits have developed because more inconsistencies come to light. And he has created the air of suspicion through his evasions.

Again an announcement is not proof of natural born citizenship. My friend's grandparents put a birth announcement in their paper when their granddaughter was born. It means nothing, and if you've ever had a job where a birth certificate is required to be seen before working. Just try going there with a birth announcement in a newspaper and see how far you get. Nowhere. It just does not pass muster.

American naturalization laws have evolved and are different in the various states. There are three types of citizenship. I would suggest the people posting here what is and is not, go back to the actual law and read what the distinctions and dates actually are. They hold more weight than your highschool teacher or wikipedia.

You also seem to be missing the point that Hawaii allows for the holding of the foreign born birth certificates and will print a certification of live birth. I know you love your candidate and I won't hold that against you. I have no problem with Obama being president as he won the electoral and popular vote. But if he is found to be defrauding the American public by not meeting constitutional requirements that he not only needs to step down but in my opinion be put in prison. It's completely unacceptable.

Anyone who thinks this is sour grapes to make a candidate hold themselves accountable to the constitution is seriously deluding themselves. This is a very simple matter. And the cavalier disregard some people have about this issue is almost more disturbing to me than the idea that Obama could be lying about his natural born citizenship status.

As I've said three times already. If there is nothing there, then there is no need to worry. I would hope you respect your country enough to hold your elected officials accountable to the laws and standards set forth.
Originally Posted by CottonCandyCurls


You're grasping at straws with this not-a-citizen thing, hoping Obama won't be sworn in, and now you want him in jail? Wow...you really hate the guy. I understand though...I hate Bush just as much and would have loved if he hadn't ever been sworn in, no matter the ridiculousness of the reason.

The newspaper announcement does offer some proof that Obama was born in Hawaii. Have you seen the Donofrio case "proof"? The only thing they're offering is affidavits from two whacko preachers saying they were in Obama's Kenyan grandmother's house when she said that she was present at Obama's birth. Do you really think we should put the president-elect in jail with that?

I don't think the Supreme Court will even hear the case. I think they are deciding on Monday whether it has merit or not. Let's check back on this thread then so I can say I-told-you-so.
Originally Posted by RedCatWaves
I'm not grasping at straws and I don't hate the guy. Asking someone to meet a requirement for a job is grasping at straws? In what universe. You're really getting ridiculous here and I'd like you to stop projecting your own issues onto me. You can also stop making ad hominem attacks.

I said if he was found to be doing X, then Y action is appropriate. It is nothing personal. The American public made their decision, but that doesn't mean we shred the constitution. And you can reread what I have written seeing as how you continue to cherry pick. I've also said several times it would be in his interest to settle the matter and eliminate all the doubts and suspicion. A constitutional crisis would not bode well for his party or the country. There are 16+ cases and new ones continue to be filed. I doubt this will end anytime soon if the air of suspicion continues to linger.
Originally Posted by CottonCandyCurls


Shred the Constitution?!?!? LOL...do you really believe that Obama's defense of his citizenship is really SHREDDING the Constitution? You REALLY hate this guy, don't you? It almost seems personal. Did he do something to you?

The number of "cases" doesn't matter, nor does it prove anything. We can never stop whackjobs from filing lawsuits. Even lawyers can be whackjobs.
I agree that if there had been ANY way to disqualify Obama, the Clintons would have found it. I didn't vote for Obama, but hey, the dude won, he'll be the president and as conspiracy theories go, this one is pretty lame. Now if they come up with proof that Obama if one of the Lizard People from Alpha Centauri....awesome, Obama would be assured of my vote in 2012!!!
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. P.J. O'Rourke

There is no distinctly native American criminal class save Congress. Mark Twain
I soooo wish these loones and nut bags would stop wasting my tax dollars *sigh*

Let's put our thinking caps on here folks...

All of the "major" canidates for president each election cycle are vetted by both the FBI and CIA. Heck as a Senator, to hold some committee positions, you have to go through the same vetting process and security clearance checks. As someone who has gone through the process of getting a security clearance while a past federal employee, TRUST me when I say that if there is something to find, they will find it. Remember when that story came out early in the primary season about someone at releasing information about his passport and his international travels....uh yeah...that was during his vetting process.

In the past, there have been presidents that were not given critical security information by the military, FBI and CIA because some of thier staff members were deemed a security threat (they themselves passed all security requirements).

At this point, Obama has been briefed on the interworkings of the US military operations, finanical crisis, and god only knows what else (and I'm not talking about the little **** that we get on the news). Do you REALLY think that the CIA, FBI, and military would be turning over this information if he had not been THROUGHLY checked out, including his birth records?

Not only that, of those 15 or so cases that have been brought with these alligations, the Supreme Court has thrown the vast majority of them out. Even now, the case that the Supreme Court is meeting to determine if they will hear the case is NOT about his birth certificate or even his citizenship, as BOTH of those have already been established. He IS an American citizen, and he WAS born in Hawaii as deemed by the Supreme Court when they dismissed all these earlier cases. Heck the attorney bring this case even concedes that Obama was born in Hawaii and is an American citizen.

This case, is about the fact that even though he was born on American soil (hawaii) he is STILL not eligible to be president (here is where the loony part comes in). Mr. Donofrio argues, that Obama was a British citizen at birth due to his father's British citizenship (Kenya was a colony of Britian at the time of Obama's birth). So basicly, the argument is that even though he was born in the US, his daddy was a foreigner, so he *CAN'T* be president (anyone else disgusted at this mess?!?!?!).

Here is why I think that the Supreme court will refuse to hear this case...
1. The man was born on American soil (hawaii) and is therefore an American citizen and meets all other requirements to hold the position.
2. As far as I know, there is no stimulation on dual citizenship and the presidency of the US ( assuming that he even has dual citizenship soley based on his fathers citizenship)

*sigh* I just wish that people would let this go. seriously. He won...was elected by the people. After the Supreme court decided the last 2 presidental elections, I really hope they stay out of this one!!!
Originally Posted by Nappy_curly_crown
Again, it's nice that everyone on here has opinions but I'm afraid you are wrong. For one, part of the reason why Donofrio is suing is that there is no vetting process for any of the candidates to be on the ballots. If you read the first page of the case you'd see that his case is against the Secretary of State of NJ. Can any of you explain why a foreign national from Nicaragua was on a presidential ballot? No you cannot. Who vetted that person?

We do not know what exactly Obama has been briefed on. There is no precedent of someone with these kinds of questionable issues of "natural born citizenship" ever being elected. As I've said before if McCain won this would still be an issue and I would have no problem with lawsuits from people upholding the constitutional requirements. The NYT can bring it up in Feb but mum is the word about the numerous issues regarding the Democratic candidate, how convenient.

You clearly have not been following this matter at all. The Supreme Court has not thrown out those 15. The number is about 17 by now. Those are filed first in the states. The only reason Donofrio's hit the Supremes first is that NJ has looser rules on who has legal standing. If you read my original post I said three were on the docket. Berg who filed his case from PA did not have it thrown out the judge claimed he didn't have standing and couldn't prove injury or harm. But the mere fact that Obama and the DNC did not respond was a legal admission of guilt. Thus his case has proceeded to the Supreme Court because he is disputing the judge's decision that he did not have standing and wants Obama to resolve the issues and admission of guilt.

Also you would have to debate the merits of the different cases who bring up different angles and points of contention. Let's not paint them all with broadbrush strokes, please. I have not vouched for any in particular but these issues need to cleared up. As for Donofrio's case you need to understand the three classifcations of citizenship. To be president he needs to be a NATURAL BORN CITIZEN. That is constitutionally unique. Obama and McCain, according to Donofrio's case would not meet that requirement. What the Supremes officially decide to weigh in on that is one thing but it's commonly understood by most of us that your parents need to be US citizens and you need to be born on within US jurisdiction. You can think it's quackery but I honestly could care less about what you think. It's the Supreme Court Justices and the Constitution who will matter in this decision.

Red Cat Waves
Who has gotten increasingly hysterical with each post. If the constitutional requirement does not matter for president, please explain when and where it does count? Should I disregard the 16th Amendment that says I have to pay income taxes. Will someone get to reinterpret the 1st on whether we should have free speech? We have rules and regulations not for kicks but to be followed. They are the laws of the land. So yes if he was found to not meet the requirements, all those who could care less and would want him anyway are in my opinion shredding the constitution because you are basically saying it's not worth the paper it was printed on.

Again I don't hate the guy. It's not about him or any of the other posters putting up misinformation, including yourself. It's about following the law. period. full stop. His defense of citzenship is what exactly? A picture on his website? Avoiding the courts? Hiring multiple law firms at the tune of 1 million? I'd sure like to visit the planet you are living on because it's not where the rest of the world lives. I never said the number of cases were proof of him not being a natural born citizen, just that more and more will continue to be filed until the matter is settled. Instead of addressing what I have actually answered you would like to attack me. Instead of schooling yourself on the US codes of immigration and naturalization you and others like to talk on tangents about what you "know" or what someone else said, or how you feel. Sorry if that is just not enough for me.

Again for the 4th or 5th time. If there is nothing there, you have absolutely nothing to be worried about. And anyone who has a faux concern about wasting taxpayer dollars needs to give it a rest. Very little will be spent to settle this issue. At the same time the Democrats are already proposing another "stimulus package" of 500 BILLION dollars even though the last one was an abysmal failure as many with common sense predicted. I think the question of a suitable commander in chief is of some value, don't you?

Last edited by CottonCandyCurls; 12-05-2008 at 01:34 PM.
OK, well, for those that say he wasn't born in the US, where was he born? Any info/speculation on that? Why would a young girl leave the COUNTRY to have her baby and then come back? I know that later she moved to Indonesia for research/school purposes, but at age 19 in college near her parents, where did Ann Dunham go to have her baby?
Wavy, curly on the ends, 2C.
Coarse to medium textured, porous, dry, and lots of it.
Shampoo--HSH Pumpkin, Abba Pure Moisture
LVPNG, HSH Pumpkin, Walgreen's Knockoffs--Condish/Cowash
AOHR, Nexxus, EO--LI
CK & ReCoil--Activator
Suave Max Hold, Alagio Curl-Gel
For inquiring minds who want to know:
http://www.public.fotki.com/TillyErnissee
This case, is about the fact that even though he was born on American soil (hawaii) he is STILL not eligible to be president (here is where the loony part comes in). Mr. Donofrio argues, that Obama was a British citizen at birth due to his father's British citizenship (Kenya was a colony of Britian at the time of Obama's birth). So basicly, the argument is that even though he was born in the US, his daddy was a foreigner, so he *CAN'T* be president (anyone else disgusted at this mess?!?!?!).
Originally Posted by Nappy_curly_crown
That does seem like a silly thing to bring a lawsuit over, esp. when you consider that, accordinging to the 14th amendment, as long as he was born on US soil, both of his parents could have been from of other countries and he still would have been considered a US citizen.

CNN had this video up on their site:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/pol...ef=videosearch
OK, well, for those that say he wasn't born in the US, where was he born? Any info/speculation on that? Why would a young girl leave the COUNTRY to have her baby and then come back? I know that later she moved to Indonesia for research/school purposes, but at age 19 in college near her parents, where did Ann Dunham go to have her baby?
Originally Posted by ~TillyWave~
I have no idea where he was or wasn't born but there is speculation that he was born in Mombasa, Kenya. Supposedly his paternal grandmother said she was there with other relatives when Barack was born in Kenya. That to me is not proof of him being born in Kenya, we would have to see a Kenyan birth certificate. But good luck getting access with Odinga in power. What's strikes me as weird is that Sarah is not his actual paternal grandmother, just another one of his grandfather's wives. I think she's Hussein's third wife and no one seems to know where the real granny is, and Obama doesn't talk about her. All the speculation could be put to rest but it just keeps snowballing. And people think this is okay. How sad.

And CurlyCurlies
The scenario you bring up of being born on US soil but having parents born elsewhere would exclude him from being a NATURAL BORN CITIZEN. The founding fathers even acknowledged that they were not natural born citizens since many were British subjects so they grandfather-claused themselves out.

Watching the video I can't help but roll my eyes. I'm not surprised with CNN though. First this is not to rewrite the election, these charges were there before he had secured his nomination. The language the journalist uses of "lawsuits trying to overturn the results" is loaded. God forbid anyone cares about the Constitution. If he was disqualified Biden would be President until a President qualifies. The Democrats would most likely still be in charge. And their legal analyst is a selective hack. Let's not talk about the various changes in law especially from 1950 onwards.

Last edited by CottonCandyCurls; 12-05-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Donofrio's case would not put McCain and Obama in the same boat. Obama was born in Hawaii (as concedes Donofrio), but Donofrio argues that Obama is a British citizen due to his father's citizenship. Which, to me, is a bit off-putting. Does Obama's mother's citizenship means nothing? Does this mean that people born in the US who have one parent who is not a citizen, are therefore not citizens either? That could hit home for me, as my mother is not a citizen, but I was born here, and as far as I know, I am a natural born citizen.

Donofrio's case would not put McCain and Obama in the same boat. Obama was born in Hawaii (as concedes Donofrio), but Donofrio argues that Obama is a British citizen due to his father's citizenship. Which, to me, is a bit off-putting. Does Obama's mother's citizenship means nothing? Does this mean that people born in the US who have one parent who is not a citizen, are therefore not citizens either? That could hit home for me, as my mother is not a citizen, but I was born here, and as far as I know, I am a natural born citizen.
Originally Posted by CocoaCoily
Yeah, I was under the impression that it was if BOTH parents were foreign... I'm hardly an expert though.
CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
Donofrio's case would not put McCain and Obama in the same boat. Obama was born in Hawaii (as concedes Donofrio), but Donofrio argues that Obama is a British citizen due to his father's citizenship. Which, to me, is a bit off-putting. Does Obama's mother's citizenship means nothing? Does this mean that people born in the US who have one parent who is not a citizen, are therefore not citizens either? That could hit home for me, as my mother is not a citizen, but I was born here, and as far as I know, I am a natural born citizen.
Originally Posted by CocoaCoily
Wow, what a moron this Donofrio guy is.

I guess that would make me have Indian citizenship, because my dad was born there, even though #1 my mom was born here #2 I was born in good old New Jersey #3 I've never been to India.

That's not how the US works. Even if neither of your parents are US citizens, if a baby is born on US soil that baby is considered to have American citizenship.
Wavy, curly on the ends, 2C.
Coarse to medium textured, porous, dry, and lots of it.
Shampoo--HSH Pumpkin, Abba Pure Moisture
LVPNG, HSH Pumpkin, Walgreen's Knockoffs--Condish/Cowash
AOHR, Nexxus, EO--LI
CK & ReCoil--Activator
Suave Max Hold, Alagio Curl-Gel
For inquiring minds who want to know:
http://www.public.fotki.com/TillyErnissee

We do not know what exactly Obama has been briefed on. There is no precedent of someone with these kinds of questionable issues of "natural born citizenship" ever being elected. As I've said before if McCain won this would still be an issue and I would have no problem with lawsuits from people upholding the constitutional requirements. The NYT can bring it up in Feb but mum is the word about the numerous issues regarding the Democratic candidate, how convenient.
Originally Posted by CottonCandyCurls
The bolded is not true. Chester A. Arthur's status of being a natural born citizen was and still is in question. Due to record keeping of the day, they cannot verify where or even when he was born.
OK, well, for those that say he wasn't born in the US, where was he born? Any info/speculation on that? Why would a young girl leave the COUNTRY to have her baby and then come back? I know that later she moved to Indonesia for research/school purposes, but at age 19 in college near her parents, where did Ann Dunham go to have her baby?
Originally Posted by ~TillyWave~
I have no idea where he was or wasn't born but there is speculation that he was born in Mombasa, Kenya. Supposedly his paternal grandmother said she was there with other relatives when Barack was born in Kenya. That to me is not proof of him being born in Kenya, we would have to see a Kenyan birth certificate. But good luck getting access with Odinga in power. What's strikes me as weird is that Sarah is not his actual paternal grandmother, just another one of his grandfather's wives. I think she's Hussein's third wife and no one seems to know where the real granny is, and Obama doesn't talk about her. All the speculation could be put to rest but it just keeps snowballing. And people think this is okay. How sad.

And CurlyCurlies
The scenario you bring up of being born on US soil but having parents born elsewhere would exclude him from being a NATURAL BORN CITIZEN. The founding fathers even acknowledged that they were not natural born citizens since many were British subjects so they grandfather-claused themselves out.

Watching the video I can't help but roll my eyes. I'm not surprised with CNN though. First this is not to rewrite the election, these charges were there before he had secured his nomination. The language the journalist uses of "lawsuits trying to overturn the results" is loaded. God forbid anyone cares about the Constitution. If he was disqualified Biden would be President until a President qualifies. The Democrats would most likely still be in charge. And their legal analyst is a selective hack. Let's not talk about the various changes in law especially from 1950 onwards.
Originally Posted by CottonCandyCurls
Well, there is speculation that Obama is Muslim, that his sidekicks are members of Al-Qaida, that he's a traitor and a terrorist too. So I guess we can just add this to the list of specualtion. And I guess he should be addressing all of these points and defending baseless accusations.
Wavy, curly on the ends, 2C.
Coarse to medium textured, porous, dry, and lots of it.
Shampoo--HSH Pumpkin, Abba Pure Moisture
LVPNG, HSH Pumpkin, Walgreen's Knockoffs--Condish/Cowash
AOHR, Nexxus, EO--LI
CK & ReCoil--Activator
Suave Max Hold, Alagio Curl-Gel
For inquiring minds who want to know:
http://www.public.fotki.com/TillyErnissee

We do not know what exactly Obama has been briefed on. There is no precedent of someone with these kinds of questionable issues of "natural born citizenship" ever being elected. As I've said before if McCain won this would still be an issue and I would have no problem with lawsuits from people upholding the constitutional requirements. The NYT can bring it up in Feb but mum is the word about the numerous issues regarding the Democratic candidate, how convenient.
Originally Posted by CottonCandyCurls
The bolded is not true. Chester A. Arthur's status of being a natural born citizen was and still is in question. Due to record keeping of the day, they cannot verify where or even when he was born.
Originally Posted by cympreni
Sorry I should have said modern. We will never know if Chester A. Arthur met the requirements.

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com