02-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Join Date: Mar 2003
1. Outlet covers
2. Hide all cords
3. Babies LOVE coffee tables, so if you want to keep yours, I would put one of the gaurds around it
4. Stevens room/kitchen and living room are the only rooms that are 100% babypoofed, all the other rooms we keep the doors shut.
5. Door Stoppers, Steven likes to go into the room, shut the door and play right behind it
6. I put locks on all the cabnets except one, that is the one with all of his stuff and he can play with it, I also got 2 fridge toys so when I am in the kitchen that keeps him occupied and out of trouble.
7. Steven also liked to try to pull the table cloth off the table
8. ANYTHING that he can hit his head on when he starts pulling up, you do not have to babyproof it all, just be aware so you know rather than waiting until he does it
9. We keep the bathroom door/guestroom door and our bedroom door closed when he is roaming so he cannot get into the toilet/under the sink.
10. All cleaning supplies are up on a high shelf, not under the cabnet
11. I switched to mainly natural cleaning products, I did not like the idea of him crawling around and then putting hands/toys in his mouth.
12. Bath safty (a spout for over the cover, turn water temp on the water heater down)
**Some of these you will not have to worry about, but I liked babyproofing almost all at once so i knew it was done.