Old 03-23-2010, 09:26 PM   #21

Send a message via Yahoo to Jess the Mess

Wantedto share the results on my DD's straight, hard to curl/hold a curl, thick hair. I found them to be pretty easy to use and that's saying a lot as I'm extremely hair stuff challenged. We'll have to be careful to get them all the same direction and dry longer next time but I'm happy with the 1st time results and she's excited to have hair like Mommy The pics are fuzzy because I had to use my iPhone. I can't find my camera charger.

High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Old 03-23-2010, 09:36 PM   #22

NikG20's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009

@Jessthemess, she is so pretty! I love her glasses. Her hair came out gorgeous!!! Especially for that being your first time trying them! Did you use the extra long & wide ones? (pink/orange)

Children's Natural Hair Care & Styling Blog:

NikG20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #23

Originally Posted by NikG20 View Post
Awww thank you. She loves her glasses. I make sure to let her pick out her own. My dad always made me get the ugly, cheapies and I was so self conscience of them. I want her to be proud of herself and the way she looks no matter what and letting her pick her own glasses helps that. End rant

I used the long and wide but on her front layers they were barely long enough which means they wont be long enough for me so I need to get the extra long and wide. I am really pleased with the results. I have her sleeping in a satin bonnet right now and hopefully she'll have soft waves tomorrow.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:12 AM   #24

MirCurls's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009

I suppose adopting that lil curly cutie is out of the question, huh? I love the hair. I love the funky-kicky glasses. I love the big happy smile. She's a doll. Is that her natural color--and I assume, yeah, it is-- cause the variation of blond is really lovely.

I'm thinking of getting these for my sister who longs for curls. They come out so nice.
3a3b dry, dyed --newly "banged"
Natural since 11/25/09 (Miami)

Shine & Spring w/ Sweet Curls Elixirs!
Curl Junkie Conditions!
Re:coil ROCKS!

~CJ Protein Tx
; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
~S&C; SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
Dumping clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
MirCurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:23 PM   #25

Originally Posted by MirCurls View Post

Maybe for a few days but I love her too much to give her up forever Thanks...we think she's pretty cute too. That is her natural color. Isn't it gorgeous? It'll be even prettier in a few months when the sun lightens it. I'm jealous of my own daughters hair color. She's the black sheep...the rest of us have brown hair and brown eyes. She is my recessive gene baby.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #26

Join Date: Apr 2012

Anyone still use these with success? I've been looking at these for a while but don't know if they are worth the $$. Pictures would be nice .
3a (normal-porosity/elasticity/density) Dry Climate
Cleanse: CHS TS+oil, poo bars, DB CC, Co-wash
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI-GVPCB, DB pumpkin, TN, Giovanni SAS, Kenra, CJ CR/CJ RM
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, UFDCM, Gel-les'C, SM hair milk, JC Spiralicious

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
Curlsnswirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #27

CurlyJulie81's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2012

It's interesting to me how almost everyone had positive reviews. My poor fine hair HATED these. My hair was wet and trying to pull it through these made them break all over the place. I tried it in two places, a few different techniques and was honestly scared at how much hair was breaking off. Anyone want to buy mine?
3a/b fine, high porosity, medium density. Mod- CG

Sulfate-free Shampoo: SheaMoisture Curl and Shine shampoo with Epsom salts.
Co-wash: TRESemme Naturals,
Leave in: TN Radiant volume, KCKT, YTC pampering conditioner
Summer styler: LA Looks Spiked Gel(summer only)
Seal: Argan Oil/Macademia Oil
Winter styler: KCCC, AIF, Beyond the Zone Noodlehead curling creme(not CG)
DT: GVPCB, coconut oil