Curl Junkie Curl Rehab...is it worth it?

Love Love Love Curl Junkie!
Hair Type-3b Location: Florida
John 3:16
Poo: Jessicurl HCC, As I Am
Conditioners: Aubrey Organics, KCKT, CJ HBDT, Darcy's Botanicals
Leave In/Styling: KCCC, Darcy's Botanicals, SS
Favorites (HG): KCCC; spiral solutions jelly; darcy's botanicals, FSG
No-No's: castor oil, beeswax, glycerine, silicones
LOVE: aloe vera, agave nectar, shea butter, flax seed gel; good DT's once a week
password: curly
Although I started my CJ journey with the Daily Fix/Curl Rehab/CurlFix/CIAB combo, I ended March and began this month with CJ CA Leave-In and Smoothing Gellie then CIAB, with CCCCLite for second day fluffing, and this stuff's still great.

Seems they don't have a sucky product (that I've tried). I am gonna order some more of the CA LI, since it's being discontinued, and some of the Daily Condish to try before it's gone.

CJ is now my main hair line, period. I have others for rotation ( I do believe in rotating products), but CJ is my default and number one. I have very nice second day hair (even hubby complimented me this morning SECONDS after I took out my pineapple, before I even got a chance to fix the night's damage). He said, "Want me to take a pic?" hah. No. I hadn't even washed my face.

I do have uploaded my hair pics from yesterday with my CJ stuff, and some other pics in my fotki for anyone who wants to see how my dry, damaged hair is making progress (though I really need to find a stylist, sigh and get a color/glaze).

Marsha is a curly hair genius. If I ever meet her in person, she better get ready to get seriously cheek-kissed by a fat, curly Cuban chica.

Dumping clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Last edited by MirCurls; 04-01-2010 at 12:13 PM.

Originally Posted by MirCurls
Mir I was just saying that to a friend of mine who is newly converted to using CJ after using the samples I sent her. Never have I encountered such a complete product line. I may rotate, but this is homebase for me. Period.

I wanna meet her too and she lives near my job!! I'm angling! She's so sweet and humble too. Its such a pleasure to patronize her.

Originally Posted by Naturalista
Oh, seriously, email her. Wouldn't it be great if you guys could have lunch????

Yeah, this line I trust. I hope she becomes a raging success and her stuff is everywhere and the qualilty never goes down. (I do worry when things get mainstreamed that they will lose their quality to rampu up profits.)

Dumping clumps for VOLUME!

Seems they don't have a sucky product (that I've tried)...CJ is now my main hair line, period. I have others for rotation ( I do believe in rotating products), but CJ is my default and number one...Marsha is a curly hair genius.
Originally Posted by MirCurls
I know; it's true. Even when I find something of hers that I don't like, it's still never bad in my hair: just not perfect. Or I used too much of a good thing (i.e., over-conditioning from leave-in conditioner plus curl cream). Or I used a good thing but at the wrong time (i.e. aloe fix gel in the winter, when my hair is glycerin-sensitive). Or I didn't know how to apply it properly (i.e., CCCC before I supersoaked with it). Or it didn't give me the exact curl pattern I prefer (i.e., SG which gives me voluminous waves rather than defined curls).

But none of it has ever been bad in my hair, even in cases where a product is more ideal for a 3B, 3C or 4A.

And CJ is the only hair product line I've ever encountered where that's the case. It's funny - I keep changing my nc.com signature to add CJ products to my list of favorites. I'm definitely becoming a "curl junkie" junkie, if such a thing is possible!

hair type: 2B/3A
low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab; CJ strengthening (summer only)
winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CJ Curl Queen
http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair

Originally Posted by Naturalista
Oh, seriously, email her. Wouldn't it be great if you guys could have lunch????

Originally Posted by MirCurls
Yeah we've been emailing and I emailed her today actually, so hopefully one day.

Girl.. dont scare me about quality loss.. I JUST GOT HERE..LOL!! That would be.. unfortunate.

Facebook|Twitter
Well, when y'all get together, TAKE PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told her we need to convert Michelle Obama to da curly way. I mean, can you imagine, her and those two adorable girls going all natural for the whole f-en world to see?
stacytr and Wavy7s like this.

Dumping clumps for VOLUME!

Got my Rehab today...haven't used it yet, but it smells AMAZING. I don't even know how she got it to smell like actual strawberry ice cream! Not artificial at all...I'm watching TV right now and smelling it, can't wait to use it.
YouTube

Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
It does smell just like strawberry ice cream, and that's why I kinda don't like that smell and went back to the gardenia coconut for my third jar.

If it was fresh strawberries, then okay. But the smell of ice cream in hair was too odd--milkyish. Hubby liked it, but then he's an ice cream junkie.

Originally Posted by ellepixie
Yeah!! Most of this stuff makes me hungry for sweets! LOL!!

The other day my BF told me I smelled like a lemonhead candy (I was using aloe fix). LOL!!

I ordered the gardenia coconut to compare the scents to prep for the 32oz coming out. Soooo excited!

Facebook|Twitter
Well, when y'all get together, TAKE PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by MirCurls
WOW!! The Obama's going natural!? You know the media would be all OVER that!! LOL! The little one doesnt look like she has gotten creamy crack yet to me.. I see her peach fuzz all the time. She's my favorite daughter. Spunky lil' thing.

Facebook|Twitter
Gooood look ladies! I think I am in love! I liked it so much I had to do an impromptu video. Thanks!

Marsha can do no wrong.
wavyone likes this.
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
Is there another CJ product that has the strawberry ice cream scent? I thought she had one but I couldn't find on the website. If so, I want it!

I found it, but it has glycerin.
YouTube

Last edited by ellepixie; 04-07-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Oh, and I bought the gardenia coconut jar today from Tiffany's salon in Tampa. It is nice, but does not hold a flame to my beloved strawberry ice cream!

Originally Posted by ellepixie
My friend got her CJ today from the sale and said the exact same thing! Well... at least I know what scent I want when the 32 comes out.

Originally Posted by Naturalista
Girl, get out of my head! I said the EXACT same thing to Marsha about the 32 oz, now I'll never have to wonder which one I like better!

Addendum
I LOVE REHAB! I have both the strawberry ice cream and the gardenia coconut scents, and I use it for deep treatments with heat and for leave-in (mostly in driest parts). I've also used it as a precondish. The stuff rocks~!

Yes, it is worth it.

The only non-protein deep treatment that gets my hair into better condition is the OLIVE YOU by MyHoneyChild which, though I hate the undertone scent, is utterly amazing results-wise.
Originally Posted by MirCurls
Mir was the convincing point I needed to buy the strawberry scent. My decision was based on her description of the perfume...

Ok the strawberry ice cream smells like fresh sliced berries...
Or as my Eldest son used to call them, "StrawBabbies."

I am so in like right now with the fact I can use a nice nickle sized amount as a leave in and that covers it...
3b /3c
HG Summer List
Boots Pink is the bomb on my summer hair.
Donna Marie MiraCurls
Poos: KCCClean, JCChealting
Leave In: KCKT, KomazaCalifia
Conditioners:AOHR
Styling: KCCC, BRHG, UFCM, MC
Deep Tx's: CJCR and LustraSIlk
Your mind is like a parachute, It only functions when its open.....
Reality, What a concept.~G. Carlin

Last edited by Curly_Cajun_Femme; 04-08-2010 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Addendum
i just ordered some woohooo!!! so excited to try it.
2c/3a ? fine/medium iii- tons of it! FL. Suave, TTNG, CJDF co wash, GDLI
HG- FSG, CK, ReCoil, Aldi shique gelee, ACV, ccclite or fsg 4 2nd day sotc:JCNS
curl journalhttp://www.britishcurlies.co.uk/curl...iewthread/977/

Originally Posted by Naturalista

Smells like Fresh Strawberries from Plant CIty...
I can see buying a 32oz jar....
3b /3c
HG Summer List
Boots Pink is the bomb on my summer hair.
Donna Marie MiraCurls
Poos: KCCClean, JCChealting
Leave In: KCKT, KomazaCalifia
Conditioners:AOHR
Styling: KCCC, BRHG, UFCM, MC
Deep Tx's: CJCR and LustraSIlk
Your mind is like a parachute, It only functions when its open.....
Reality, What a concept.~G. Carlin