-   -   Curl Junkie Curl Rehab...is it worth it? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/100857-curl-junkie-curl-rehab-worth.html)

EllyEllyOxenFree 03-26-2010 07:53 PM

Curl Junkie Curl Rehab...is it worth it?

So I just got my Curl Junkie products, and I am very pleased! I need to play with them a little more, but I like them. Marsha suggested that I use the Curl Rehab as my leave-in rather than the Smoothing condish, but sheesh, that stuff is $20 for 8oz! That is a LOT! Have any of you ladies indulged? If so, did you love it?

Naturalista 03-26-2010 08:40 PM

I haven't tried doing that yet though Marsha suggested that to me as well. Hmm.. I'm curious to see the results of this as well. Her suggestion was CR/CJAF, even tho I can use CJAF alone.

I'm feeling you on 8oz for $20... ouchies!:sad1:

empressri 03-26-2010 09:09 PM

elle, you're ingredient oriented so let me tell you...YES it is worth it. if you pay for curl junkie you are paying for QUALITY every time! ;-) i have 4 jars of it in my stash, i never want to run out. and you dont need gobs of it for it to work either.

krazy coils 03-26-2010 09:59 PM

I have re-ordered this to try as a leave-in. Before I used it as a rinse out and it was really detangling and left my hair soft.

va_candi 03-27-2010 12:45 AM

I love the Curl Rehab. I usually stock up on it when she has a sale because I don't like to run out either. One jar lasts me for quite a while.

Magoo 03-27-2010 05:38 AM

I LOVE CJRehab! I use it as a DT, leave in and occasionally as a rinse out. I find that the jar does last me quite a while despite all the uses I have for it. A small amount seems to go a long way and I have a ton of hair.

Jusduit 03-27-2010 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Magoo (Post 1301097)

Exactly! And another big plus for me is that it's protein-free. I just wish she would come out with a 16 oz size.

runnerchicki 03-27-2010 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by empressri (Post 1300940)

Empressri... yes, EXACTLY! Quality ingredients cost more. And our hair is worth it!

empressri 03-27-2010 01:14 PM

runnerchicki, it sure is!!! if it goes in or on your body, wouldn't you want quality? i do!

jusduit, it would be WONDERFUL if it came in a 16 oz jar, id be all on that. but you know there are some folks that would still go "WHY DOES IT COST SO MUCH?!?!" maybe if enough people would purchase larger sizes marsha could do it. hmmmm...:D

i would want a supersized bottle of the curl fix! omg my hair loooves that stuff

Cerendipity 03-27-2010 01:54 PM

I haven't used mine yet but I'm loving all my curl junkie products. That Beauti Curls leave in is pretty good as is the curl assurance daily hair conditioner.

MirCurls 03-27-2010 02:32 PM

I LOVE REHAB! I have both the strawberry ice cream and the gardenia coconut scents, and I use it for deep treatments with heat and for leave-in (mostly in driest parts). I've also used it as a precondish. The stuff rocks~!

Yes, it is worth it. :)

The only non-protein deep treatment that gets my hair into better condition is the OLIVE YOU by MyHoneyChild which, though I hate the undertone scent, is utterly amazing results-wise.

Naturalista 03-27-2010 05:00 PM

Elle!

I played with the Curl Rehab today and a little goes a LOOOOONGGGGG way (and I have a lot of hair). I tried the CR underneath and CJAF and...

I was overconditioned! Never happened to me before in my life but after reading what everyone says I knew it when I saw it. These products are not only quality/top-notch, they pack in moisture like I've never experienced as solo agents. Normally I need supporting products when I'm using other stuff but with CJ thus far I haven't.

Ri, et al- YESSSSSSSSSS I'm now wishing this stuff came in larger sizes! :icescream:

Naturalista 03-27-2010 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by MirCurls (Post 1301392)

Yes, it is worth it. :)

Hiya Mir! :)

How is the gardenia coconut scent? I was thinking about getting it but from the sound it seemed like it would be too strong/florally for me. How is it to you?

or anyone else who's purchased it. :):)

empressri 03-27-2010 06:49 PM

gardenia coconut is heavenly. it won't knock you over and it's not too sickly sweet or artificial smelling.

MirCurls 03-27-2010 08:50 PM

It's actually a nicely done g/c scent. I thought I'd like the Strawberry better, but I was wrong. I would prefer it was even subtler, but it is nice and doesn't linger too much. It's not cloyingly horrible like the Jessicurl one.

Naturalista 03-27-2010 09:48 PM

Thanks ladies!

Hmm.. I JUST ordered a few days ago and wish I had this knowledge b4 hand! Ugh.. next cycle. I'm trying to pace myself..LOL! Ha!

melaniesusan 03-29-2010 10:13 AM

I love CJ CR (curl rehab). I find it to be a very versatile product.

Rinse-out: I'm currently using CR as a rinse-out once or twice a week, alternating with CJ smoothing conditioner.

DT: The other day I tried CR as a moisture DT, after a protein treatment (Nexxus), and it worked very well...just as well as KBB hair mask (my usual DT).

Leave-in: I never use a leave-in under curl cream (I easily get overconditioned) but CR worked well under a curl pudding (Komaza CHP) during the winter. I was surprised it wasn't too heavy for my 3A hair.

I have the strawberry scent...haven't tried the garedenia. Smells like strawberry candy - similar to Ohm SHP.

EllyEllyOxenFree 03-29-2010 10:24 AM

Alright, you guys got me! I am doing a bunch of traveling this month anyway and need something I can take that isn't my giant bottle of Elucence (too lazy to get empty bottles)

I swear, this board.... ;)

Well...there goes my grocery shopping for the week! SMH

Cerendipity 03-31-2010 04:37 PM

Limited supply 32ozs will be available at the end of April.

Just received an email.

kathymack 03-31-2010 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by shawnyblazes (Post 1305513)
Limited supply 32ozs will be available at the end of April.

Just received an email.

I was just going to post it, but I see that you already did! I started a thread with the Easter Sale information, that includes the 32 oz Rehab.