Old 10-27-2006, 11:58 AM   #1

ZARIA**'s Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2002
Default Does Sunsilk work?.......Reviews please

Thanks...I have the blue one but have yet to try it...
Hispanic/Black 3A-B
Mixed hair: Curls, waves and spirals.
ZARIA** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 02:01 PM   #2

curlyjenn's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2005

I bought the anti-frizz one for my daughter, but it was horrible in her hair. I'm not sure of the color, but I'm thinking it was green. She is sensitive to cones, though, so I'm sure that's why it didn't work for her. I tried a sample of the green for my hair, and it did fine.
I'm a 3b, with 3c underneath.

Used to be CG, now I'm not. Using Suave Aloe & Waterlily shampoo & condish, JoiWhip, BRHG, Suave Aloe gel, Aussie Tizz No Frizz, and anything else that looks good!
My Myspace!
curlyjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 02:57 PM   #3

ZARIA**'s Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2002

Originally Posted by curlyjenn
Thanks Jenn..I guess it cant hurt, I will try it tonight.
Hispanic/Black 3A-B
Mixed hair: Curls, waves and spirals.
ZARIA** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 04:38 PM   #4

Join Date: Jan 2006

i had the sample of the green kind , i liked it so i got the bottle , it worked a few times but quit , my curls didnt care for it .. so i returned it , not good for CG
Modified CG-Use Low Poo
Use Suaves & VO5 Condish For CG-Honey+ Condish=My curls are loving it!
*Suave gels ( love crunchy gels )*My HGs-Re:coil, Jessicurls , Boots , Loreal Spiral Curl Mousse, Tigi Amp*

*~Show Your True Beauty Cuz Curls Rock!~*
tinicurlyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 07:29 AM   #5

Join Date: Apr 2006

I also bought the antifrizz line (green bottle) and HATED it! Dried my hair to a crisp!!! Never again!!
natural (chemical-free) since November 2005
ToyToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 07:55 AM   #6

Join Date: Oct 2006

I hated the antifrizz produts (I bought the shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in) so much that I returned them all to the store for a full refund. It didn't do anything to my hair!! If anything, I think my hair was a little frizzier afterwards. It was such a waste of my time.

Whenever I straighten my hair (which I don't do very often anymore) I use the pink products and they are really good. Especially the leave-in pink. It helps me straighten my hair in a lot less time.
I have 3a curls and very very very fine hair that doesn't like being cut short (as it is now)! The longer it gets, the curlier.
curlyshea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 10:48 AM   #7

Athyn312's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2003

I like the hair mask in the pink container. I always have a great hair day when I use it!
3 B; fine, below the shoulders.
KC Come Clean shampoo; The Body Shop Rainforest Essentials shampoo & conditioner for color treated hair.
Styling: KC Knot Today; CHS Curl Keeper
Athyn312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:53 PM   #8

teela1978's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2006

I tried a sample of the green one and ended up with fluffy, undefined hair if that helps any. I brushed it out for day two and was pretty much straight which was a nice change
Fine Wavy (2a)
Weeklyish shampoo with CO's inbetween to keep down the grease.
teela1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:17 PM   #9

xcptnl's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2005

I didn't like it all. Seemed to make make my hair fuzzy not curly. I used the one that is for curly/frizzy...is that green?? In any event even though I hate to throw products away I threw this one away.

xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 02:49 PM   #10

Oregano  (formerly babywavy)'s Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2004

The green one was HORRIBLE. So much in fact that I wasn't even going to bother trying the rest of the line. I ended up using a sample packet of the blue bottle - anti poof - and THAT one I LOVE. I went out and bought the bottle. I've used it to straighten, and to scrunch in a little bit of waves. I think this product is awesome.
~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
Oregano  (formerly babywavy) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:39 AM   #11

Join Date: Oct 2000

I have used the styling cream in yellow---think its supposed to be volumizing but the 'cones in it smooth and reduce volume a bit.

I still don't know if I really like it or not and I've used it at least 10 times!!
2C in most weather, but in summertime I impersonate a 3 very very well!
DrainClogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:26 PM   #12

Join Date: Nov 2006
Default Bought the anti-poof...did just the opposite

With thick curly out of control frizzy dry locks the idea that a shampoo could control my poof sounded good, but this stuff gave me even more poof instead. It didn't do what it claimed so I took it back, quite a disappointment!
strawbegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 03:54 PM   #13

Join Date: Nov 2002

It is what I used in the avatar photo but I agree with everyone else once was enough! Very drying.
curlylew66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:53 PM   #14

NC_beach_waves's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2006

I tried the one for curls in the green bottle and liked it at first. Then I decided that I didn't like the slippery/slimy feeling it gave my hair.
}i{~}i{~}i{
2b/2c/f/i
NC_beach_waves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 09:38 PM   #15

HalfWavyHalfCurly's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2002

As almost everyone knows I'm on CG but the past couple of years I've been a bit flexible where 'cones are concerned, especially when my hair decides to misbehave.

I just love getting free samples so when I saw through the Wal-mart website that Sunsilk was giving them I ended up in their site. Those 3 stylist guys were so funny I thought there would be no harm in trying out a sample BUT after looking at the ingredient lists I decided to go for the Hydra TLC (pink). I gave my daughter the shampoo and used the CO after I colored, however, I over-colored so I immediately washed my hair and didn't get to find out if it did anything. I did like the cream but since cyclopentasiloxane is high up the list I would be afraid to use it regularly/often.

Then K-mart recently had Sunsilk on sale and because of the $1off coupon I suffered temporary insanity and got the Anti-Flat cream (yellow) because my hair was being wimpy and this one only has dimethiconol; however, I wasn't impressed so I gave it to my daughter. You would think that would "cure" me but then I ordered the Anti-frizz sample (green) and it came last week. I'm not in the mood for 'cones right now and after all this reviews I feel glad it's only a sample!

A similar thing happened with Pantene months ago. I bought the one for Curls and it didn't seem to do anything the 2-3 times I used it so now it's sitting in my closet; too late I remembered that a couple of years ago some people here had said it was bad. Ironically enough, I tried my daughter's "Full & Thick" and that one was better. Two years ago when I didn't know what cyclopentasiloxane was I bought a bottle of the "Natural & Relaxed" because it contains coconut oil, I used it as leave-in and had a great hair day, but on a hunch I called their Customer Service and found out it was a 'cone, I complained and they refunded my money and sent me a couple of coupons (???) and I gave the CO to one of my daughter's friends. Years ago, before CG, when they had their old formulas I also have better results with my daughter's CO for fine hair rather than my one for color-treated hair. I guess what really matters is what ingredients our hair likes and not what the manufacturers say we should use.
2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC
HalfWavyHalfCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 07:12 AM   #16

Kgrl17's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2006

I am CG but I used this over X-mas because it was rainy and I wanted to make sure my hair stayed straight so I used the Blue Anti-poof kind. The reviews for the cream that it comes with were great on makeup alley so I also used that.

Overall I liked how it worked in my hair when I used both the shampoo ad conditioner with the cream. My hair stayed completely straight with no frizz or poof even though it was rainy out. I've heard mixed things about the green kind but all of the comments on other message boards seem to be positive for the rest of the line.

I probably would only use it when I absolutely needed my hair to stay straight because of all the cones, but if I was still straightening my hair daily (like I have in the past) then I would definitely re-use.
Kgrl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:04 AM   #17

HalfWavyHalfCurly's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2002

I've observed that seems to be ALWAYS the case with practically every brand of hair products (and other cosmetics too): they'll have one or two really good products (or even more) but the rest of the line will stink!

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC
HalfWavyHalfCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:39 AM   #18

Join Date: Jan 2007

The anti poof was actually amazing! it reduced my puffiness! It made my hair really managable, and added length instead of shrinking. The Blue anti-poof shampoo and conditioner work great, i have yet to use the styling cream
African Canadian with 3b/c texturized incredibly thick hair, (all stylists refused to do my hair unless i put chemicals in it) i wanna get more curl definition cause all it is now is puffy waves
lashez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 12:49 PM   #19

Charming Notion's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Send a message via AIM to Charming Notion Send a message via MSN to Charming Notion Send a message via Yahoo to Charming Notion

i got my hydra tlc sample yesterday. i used the poo [small amount], condish, and the 24/7 creme. my hair felt sooo soft, i <3 it. i kept running my fingers through it and touching it, so my hair was a bit poofy.
formerly;; girl anachronism

politics is like me and my buddy going hippo hunting. we shoot a hippo and it falls on us. now, instead of using our joint effort of pushing the hippo off of us, we arue for 5 1/2 years on who's idea it was in the first place to go hippo hunting.
Charming Notion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:25 PM   #20

Rebecca 1995's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009

i really liked the sunsilk curl creme (green bottle) when i used it in the summer. i used it w/ leave-in conditioner, but it didn't work that well in the winter.

(im not CG)
Hair type: 2c - 3b!! o and its thick =]]

Currently Using:
-John Frieda Daily Nourishment leave-in conditioning spray
-Alberto VO5 Curvaceous Curls Styling Mousse
-Living Proof No Frizz, Wave Shaping/Curl Defining Styling Cream (thick to coarse hair)
I HEART CURLS <3