Old 06-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #21

Originally Posted by curlykey View Post
Anynone try the cucumber one yet? Haven't decided which one I want in the full size.
curlykey I have the cucumber one to compare and have used it a few times.

I find that the olive oil is slightly more moisturizing then the cucumber one. It's not a huge difference though.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:40 PM   #22

Join Date: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by DEL2C View Post
Originally Posted by curlykey View Post
curlykey I have the cucumber one to compare and have used it a few times.

Thanks for the update. I was kind of figuring that it would be so. My hair loves olive oil so I may not even try the cucumber one, we'll see. Thanks.
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
curlykey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:41 PM   #23

Magoo's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2002

Del, do the proteins or oils in the Hair One bother you at all? I see in your siggie that you're protein and oil sensitive as am I so I was just debating if I should try it. I may have to get my hands on one of the sample packets.
3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:07 PM   #24

Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
Hi Magoo

A lot of my sensitivities have gone away once I started getting trims more often, not co-washing exclusively and also not using soap bars. Oils in high qty. I'm still leery of. It's hard to say whether you would like it or not??? If you require a TON of moisture and your hair is very dry I'm tempted to say that this may not be for you. You did well with CJ Daily Fix and I had to drop it once the temps went up because it got to be too heavy for my hair.

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

Last edited by DEL2C; 06-28-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:15 PM   #25

Magoo's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2002

Thanks Del. Actually I've had to cut back on CJDF in the warmer weather because I was getting OC'd.
My hair has pretty much been freaking out with the humidity. Since I can try out the Hair One without having to commit to a full size bottle, I may pick some up next time I'm in Sally's.
3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:49 PM   #26

Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
Oh if you were getting OC'd a little bit of protein should help you out. I hope it works for you, that little bit of A-cone makes a huge diff for me to control my hair in the humidity. Maybe it's the combo of protein and A-cone hard to say but it works great for me. Let us know how it works

Old 07-18-2010, 12:29 AM   #27

nickywicky's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008

i tried this awhile back when it first came out and it made my scalp tingle too much !
nickywicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:24 AM   #28

Spiralli's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2004

Any updates on how this product worked longer term, for those that use it regularly or tried it? I saw a WEN commercial early this morning which reminded me that I was thinking of trying this particular Hair One formula a while ago.
Location: Texas
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length. Modified CG since 5/2004; growing gray since 5/2007.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, rotating others
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, coconut oil overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Terax Crema, Moroccan Oil Restorative Mask, Je Veux Revitalizing Mud Mask, Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix
Spiralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:08 PM   #29

SheBros's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by Spiralli View Post
I can use Hair One on and off but cannot continually use it without a break. I'm trying to use up some products right now so have it in my rotation to use once every couple of weeks. Seems like if I use it as my soul no poo, my hair ends up getting frizzy and heavy.
3B Fine (lots of it), Normal to High Porosity
Low Poo: Elucence Moisture Poo, Renpure Organics
Co-Wash: Tresseme Naturals, Giovanni TT
Rinse Out: Biologe Cond Balm, SS Deeply Decadent Moisturizing Treatment
Leave-In: Oyin Hair Dew, CJ Beautiful Curls,
Stylers: SS Curl Enhancing Jelly, SS Firm Holding Styling Gel, Jessicurl RR and CC, BRHG, Biolage Gelee
Extras: ACV rinses every couple of months
SheBros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #30

Originally Posted by Spiralli View Post
I've put it away until Summer, I like the A-cone and how it helps to control frizz in humid conditions. I have a lot of other stuff I like to use when the weather is cooler so I don't mind shelfing it

Old 11-11-2010, 11:14 AM   #31

catlady's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008

I find that the Hair One Olive Oil irritates my skin and scalp although it makes my hair look great! I haven't finished the bottle I bought several months ago and most likely won't repurchase.
catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:12 AM   #32

Join Date: Aug 2012
Talking Hair One for Curly Hair is Amazing!!

I used Hair One for Curly Hair and was totally satisfied!! I love the way it tingles on my scalp. I tried Sulfate-free EverCreme by Lo'real and it dried my hair out so badly (it "low lathers".....SULFATES!!!!!) I will stick with my Hair One....oh, btw, I am a black woman with natural hair and my hair will remain naturally curly with Hair One for Curly Hair....it has Argan Oil in it, too!!!
arenee24 is offline   Reply With Quote