Hair One Olive Oil Cleansing Conditioner

Anynone try the cucumber one yet? Haven't decided which one I want in the full size.
Originally Posted by curlykey
curlykey I have the cucumber one to compare and have used it a few times.

I find that the olive oil is slightly more moisturizing then the cucumber one. It's not a huge difference though.

Originally Posted by curlykey
curlykey I have the cucumber one to compare and have used it a few times.

Originally Posted by DEL2C
Thanks for the update. I was kind of figuring that it would be so. My hair loves olive oil so I may not even try the cucumber one, we'll see. Thanks.
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
Del, do the proteins or oils in the Hair One bother you at all? I see in your siggie that you're protein and oil sensitive as am I so I was just debating if I should try it. I may have to get my hands on one of the sample packets.
3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
Originally Posted by Magoo
Hi Magoo

A lot of my sensitivities have gone away once I started getting trims more often, not co-washing exclusively and also not using soap bars. Oils in high qty. I'm still leery of. It's hard to say whether you would like it or not??? If you require a TON of moisture and your hair is very dry I'm tempted to say that this may not be for you. You did well with CJ Daily Fix and I had to drop it once the temps went up because it got to be too heavy for my hair.

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

Last edited by DEL2C; 06-28-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Thanks Del. Actually I've had to cut back on CJDF in the warmer weather because I was getting OC'd.
My hair has pretty much been freaking out with the humidity. Since I can try out the Hair One without having to commit to a full size bottle, I may pick some up next time I'm in Sally's.
3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
Originally Posted by Magoo
Oh if you were getting OC'd a little bit of protein should help you out. I hope it works for you, that little bit of A-cone makes a huge diff for me to control my hair in the humidity. Maybe it's the combo of protein and A-cone hard to say but it works great for me. Let us know how it works

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

i tried this awhile back when it first came out and it made my scalp tingle too much !
Any updates on how this product worked longer term, for those that use it regularly or tried it? I saw a WEN commercial early this morning which reminded me that I was thinking of trying this particular Hair One formula a while ago.
Location: Texas
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, Acure Argan Stem Cell+Argan Oil, Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
Originally Posted by Spiralli
I can use Hair One on and off but cannot continually use it without a break. I'm trying to use up some products right now so have it in my rotation to use once every couple of weeks. Seems like if I use it as my soul no poo, my hair ends up getting frizzy and heavy.
3B Fine (lots of it), Normal to High Porosity
Low Poo: Elucence Moisture Poo, Renpure Organics
Co-Wash: Tresseme Naturals, Giovanni TT
Rinse Out: Biologe Cond Balm, SS Deeply Decadent Moisturizing Treatment
Leave-In: Oyin Hair Dew, CJ Beautiful Curls,
Stylers: SS Curl Enhancing Jelly, SS Firm Holding Styling Gel, Jessicurl RR and CC, BRHG, Biolage Gelee
Extras: ACV rinses every couple of months
Originally Posted by Spiralli
I've put it away until Summer, I like the A-cone and how it helps to control frizz in humid conditions. I have a lot of other stuff I like to use when the weather is cooler so I don't mind shelfing it

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

I find that the Hair One Olive Oil irritates my skin and scalp although it makes my hair look great! I haven't finished the bottle I bought several months ago and most likely won't repurchase.
I used Hair One for Curly Hair and was totally satisfied!! I love the way it tingles on my scalp. I tried Sulfate-free EverCreme by Lo'real and it dried my hair out so badly (it "low lathers".....SULFATES!!!!!) I will stick with my Hair One....oh, btw, I am a black woman with natural hair and my hair will remain naturally curly with Hair One for Curly Hair....it has Argan Oil in it, too!!!