Hair One Olive Oil Cleansing Conditioner

I recently discovered this product at my local Sally Beauty Supply and the cashiers couldn't stop raving about it and recommended it to me because of my curly hair.
And I was so shocked when I used it. It left my hair feeling clean, not stripped or on the verge of drying out. It was soft, but I could tell any excess product had been gently "cleansed" from my hair.
I still use a regular conditioner afterward, but use Hair One as a shampoo alternative. I had been in the habit of shampooing once or twice a week, but with this product I experimented and used it twice as often as I would shampoo and can't be more pleased with the results! I exercise on a consistent basis so not shampooing my hair, with my scalp's tendency to get oily, sadly wasn't a viable option. Until now!

Anyone else like this magical product as much as I do?

Last edited by veezor; 03-27-2010 at 04:56 PM.
I use the Hair One Jojoba Oil, its for color treated hair. I like how it sort of tingles. I have been using it for my co wash for the past month and LOVE it!
CG on 2/16/2010
My curls looks like the 3a pictures
Hair length is to my bra strap, it's fine textured, but the density is thick, not much elasticity, Naturally Blonde but Color treated because of graying going on

My hair loves
coconut oil
Homemade FSG
Hair one for my co wash
Ecostyler olive oil

Princess Brandy Brat, Chief Jewel Crafter and Royal Nanny to the Court of the Red and White Rose for the Order of the Curly Crusaders.
I like it, too! I like WEN better, but have had good results with the Hair One Olive Oil. The Jojoba isn't quite moisturizing enough for me.
2c/3a with 2b underlayer. Fine, porous. Loves protein. But not hydrolized wheat protein. Yuck.

Wash: WEN Sweet Almond Mint or Pomegranate
Gels: LA Looks Sport Gel
Mousse: Tigi Catwalk Curlesque
Curling creams/gellies: Coffee Coco Curling Cream Lite, Spiral Solutions Curl Enhancing Jelly, Curls Gel-les'c
SOTC: JC N&S (LOVE)
Originally Posted by wavyblonde
I heard Hair One is like the cheaper alternative WEN, but looking it up online it doesn't seem like it's cheaper by much! I may have to look into that brand.
Originally Posted by wavyblonde
Originally Posted by veezor
I had paid $29.95 and a shipping and handling fee for the 16 onces size of Wen Sweet almond Mint. Where at Sally's I was able to get a 12 ounce bottle of Hair One Jojoba for 10.99 and tax. That is a bit of a difference in price when you have to add in a shipping fee!

Both Wen and Hair One worked great for me. I used them both just for Co washing only. I do not use their recommended pumps for my hair, I use 4 to 5 pumps and it is a good amount for my hair.

What I like about Hair One is that I am able to get it easily at my local Sally's instead of having to have the Wen shipped to me. Also Sally's had a little packet of the different Hair Ones that you could try before you bought a 12 ounce bottle, that way if you did not like it you were not stuck with a product.
CG on 2/16/2010
My curls looks like the 3a pictures

My hair loves
coconut oil
Homemade FSG
Hair one for my co wash
Ecostyler olive oil

When searching for old threads on this product it seems the kinky types don't do well with it. Looking at the hair types from this thread falls in line with my hair type So, I've given this a go have used it about 4 times now (in rotation) my hair has looked it's best when I use Hair One Olive Oil in terms of frizz control, poof, softness, manageability & definition. Amodimethicone doesn't scare me I love this stuff but will clarify every couple wks. or so to make sure build up isn't an issue. I should mention dews have been moderately high in New England which could be why this is working right now since silicones work well under humid conditions.

Now any other Hair One lovers out there? Which ones have you tried and liked the best?? I'm thinking about trying the cucumber one next.

Hair One Olive Oil Ingredients: water, cetyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, amodimethicone, glycerine, aloe leaf juice, butylene glycol and anthemis nobilis flower extract, cofea arabica extract and vaccinium myrtillus fruit extract, roas roxburghii fruit extract, propylene glycol and rosemary leaf extract, olive fruit oil, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, hydrolyzed wheat protein, menthol, panthenol, behentrimonium methosulfate, BHT, Polysorbate 60, PEG 60 almond dimethylamine, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, citric acid, disodium EDTA, 1, 2-hexanediol and caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, sorbic acid, fragrance

ETA: I also read in some older threads that this is the same as co-washing with Suave but I couldn't disagree more!! The quality of ingredients are completely different.

Last edited by DEL2C; 06-05-2010 at 08:21 AM. Reason: added ingredients
I've tried the olive oil one myself a couple of times now and I think my hair really likes it. I don't use a rinse out when using this. I scrub my scalp with it really well and rinse. Then apply more to all of my hair and let it sit for a bit and detangle with no problems and rinse. I would like to try the cucumber one next.
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
Originally Posted by curlykey
Oh I did forget to mention that I don't use a rinse out when using Hair One. Thanks for the reminder curlykey If I need to I'll use a bit more after rinsing it all out.On a really humid day I used a small amt as LI and it worked very well to keep the frizz away. I've also used it on dryer, warmer days and still got excellent results.

3a fine; dense; medium-low porosity, frizz prone

Current Favs: KM Shampoo bars, Darcy's pumpkin seed conditioner, CJ Repair Me; CJCR, CJCCC; Marie Dean products; DM Miracurls Gelly; KCCC; CJCQ; LA Looks sport gel

Curl Junkie & Marie Dean

Originally Posted by BeachCurlGurl
it's hard to compare the 2 they are both creamy cleansers for sure, but they don't really behave the same way?? I love Daily Fix in the colder months but in the Summer it was a bit too heavy for me. It might be the opposite with Hair One I'll have to wait and see.

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

I tried the Jojoba one when I first went CG and didn't like it. This week decided to try the olive oil one. I was amazed how well it cut the frizz. I've been full CG for almost a year and can't get rid of frizz. It may be time to start using light silicones in the rotation??

When I used this, I didn't use a RO either. This had plenty of moisture. Sally's sells samples for less than $2; so it's easy to try.
Spirals, curls & waves, Med-Coarse Texture, Med Porosity, Low Elasticity

Originally Posted by Maci
wavyblonde tried the jojoba and felt the same way as you Maci. I definitely have had some great days when I use it on really high dew point days and in the normal range. Light silicones in rotation works for me

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

Anynone try the cucumber one yet? Haven't decided which one I want in the full size.
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
Originally Posted by BeachCurlGurl
Originally Posted by DEL2C
Thanks for weighing in, Del. I'm going to pick up a sample and give it a try.
3a fine; dense; medium-low porosity, frizz prone

Curl Junkie & Marie Dean

My hair hated this stuff. Felt nasty and it was frizzy, dry and oily with no curl all at the same time. I see the Wen commercials and I keep wanting to try it but then I remember my hate for the Hair One. But I still would like to try the Wen sometime.

Another one here whose hair hated the hairone, but it didn't like Wen either. Oddly enough, my hair LOVES CJDFCC and No poo. Go figure.

Ingredients Maven
Products: Free and Clear sulfate free poo and condish, Theraneem Sulfate Free Shampoo/Condish, Unscented SSCEJ, Coconut oil, Camellia oil, Argan oil
Originally Posted by rymorg2
the ingredients for all of these creamy cleansers differ quite a bit, except for Hair One & Wen they are very similar. I haven't tried the new Deva No Poo but the old one just left me feeling coated and didn't seem to clean at all. Love how it felt on my scalp though

Originally Posted by rymorg2
Originally Posted by DEL2C
The old no poo was the same for me, but the new one (I use the Devacare one, can't stand the smell of the Devacurl one and I color anyway) is decent. I've used it with One C as a RO, without a RO, and with other RO's and it works all around. And my sensitive scalp doesn't go crazy, as long as I don't use it more than a few days in a row (but I rotate anyway). It still feels like that on the scalp though!

Incidentally, that's what I DID like about the Hair One and the Wen. The feeling on my scalp was INCREDIBLE, it just didn't rinse out well, and the amodimethicone was ew for me. The Hairone has the amodimethicone in higher concentration, which was why I didn't like it at all. Wen was better, but not much. But the No Poo and the DFCC both have that scalp feeling too....it's the peppermint/eucalyptus and similar ingredients in them. Menthol anyone?

Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
YESSSSS Menthol, peppermint/eucalyptus love it!!! Hard to say what the concentration of A-cone is in comparison to the old One-C? It most definitely is higher on Hair One vs. Wen but I haven't tried Wen myself. Did your hair hate the old One-C as well rymorg? I never liked DevaCare it was too heavy for me. I preferred the scent of Deva curl still love it and miss it!

Originally Posted by DEL2C

My hair hates ANY amount of amodimethicone. Makes it feel heavy, weighs down the wurl too. Yep, hated the old One C as well. I love the smell of the Devacurl One C, but not the no poo.